Create a Hero Theme Team!

Cygnia

Re: Create a Hero Theme Team!

After 5 days of inacitvity, let's re-focus on the team:

Before the name was lost to a boy band Hot Young Teens were a 80s-90s super hero group. Detail six members of the team during its lifetime, one member for each poster, and what happened to them. They were like an 80s-90s comic team so drag in any sensibilities you wish.

NOTE: There were more than six members during the life of the team but what we want here is just a flavour.

Kid Claw (DT; Wolverine Clone; beaten into coma by Visgoth)

Oracular Kid (cyspeth; Magician; went to other teams)

Unity (Christoper; EP; Went home after 1989)

3 done, 3 to go.

Gunchick was sexy, brooding and mysterious, claiming her parents were killed by the Russian Mafia when she was only ten and she was looking to avenge them by shooting every scumbag that crossed her path. However, something about her story didn't make sense and an investigative reporter did further digging. The reporter found out that Gunchick, aka Alice Goetz, wasn't actually a 17 year old high school student as she claimed, but rather 33. Exposed, but still insisting she was just a teenager, Gunchick soon disappeared -- and unfortunately, so did the reporter. They found his bloodstained press badge and a chuck of his scalp in his newspaper's parking garage.

Before he became Bugshido he had been The Teenage Mutant Ninja Beetle.

He ditched that identity and the team after he began to question if he wanted to associate with people like Gunchick and Kid Claw, and worried about both their influence on himself and how he would be judged for being on the same team. After a period of contemplation and soul searching, and spiritual retreats to Budhhist monasteries and Shinto shrines, he re-emerged with a new name, a new costume, and a new commitment to the honorable ideals of Bushido.

Lucius Alexander

Oddo - the Way of the Palindromedary

Max Cool, aka Michael Kulinski, had cold and ice projection powers, but was best known for his muscular good looks and charisma. He was often the leader of the group, for what it was worth. Shortly after the group began breaking up, the steroids Max Cool used to pump himself up started having a negative reaction with his mutant biology, and he fell victim to the dreaded Liefield Syndrome. (Excessive musculature that only hinders movement, permanently gritted teeth, disproportionately tiny feet, etc.) Years of detoxification have relieved most of the symptoms, but Max is now balding and has to wear dentures.

New team!

The Fit Five: Five good-looking, extremely fit young people hired by the Department of Health to promote good nutrition, exercise, personal hygiene and other postive habits. None of them have inherent powers, but are equipped with devices appropriate to their themes. (These devices are functional as everyone knows if you dress like a superhero, you will have to fight criminals or monsters at some point.)

Sailor Man was famous as the strongest man in America's merchant fleet. The Fit Five recruited him for his public advocacy of nutrition, touting eating ones vegetables, especially spinach, as the way for children to grow up big and strong. He is also very fond of sweet peas and of olive oil, quick to point out how rich it is in vitamins E and K. He likes to say that eating burgers will make you wimpy.

Besides his natural strength and pugnaciousness, and the low profile armor most members of the Fit Five use, his gimick is canned "spinach" that is formulated to give him temporary superpowers.

One secret that could get him bounced from the Fit Five is that not only does he privately enjoy fried chicken on a regular basis, but he owns a restaurant chain specializing in that fried, fatty treat. He has supposedly given up smoking but occasionally pictures still turn up showing him with his old corncob pipe.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says "Pontiff affirmative"

Not so for this team. Each of the members is required to follow a personal vow and there are only 3 Rules for the KoR:

3. Follow the Law, no matter if you like it.

2. Follow your personal vow.

1. Break one of the above, and we will make certain you get to justice.

How far does this go? To the extent of turning Anne Frank in to the police?

How far does this go? To the extent of turning Anne Frank in to the police?

If you mean this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Frank

No, they would not regard Nazie-germany a legetimate authorothy. There are there because their powers/psyche/addictions are dangerous and they need the right environment to "come clean". Going into such a Hellhole as Germany 1933-45, would be to dangerous, to tempting for them.

Plus not everything they did was actually covered by the law and a correctly working legal system.

Pogo stick girl:

To promote the fact that good exercise is needed for a fit life style Roxy Brown was equiped with a powerful Pogo stick that allowed her to jump buildings with a single bound. She also found it was very useful to catch fleeing criminals by bouncing and landing on them.

She was eventually removed from the team after her sponsorship of a sports bra company was seemed to be profiting from her equipment (both mechanical and physical :)).

New team:

British Government wanted to revive their flagging popularity by bringing out new team of super heroes. They wanted to heroes with super powers to represent England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Representing Scotland is the silent ghost Robert the Dark. He wears no recognizable tartan for his kilt and no pipes play for him. It is said that this is how he claims all of Scotland as his Clan. Two wolfhounds always accompany him to fight. He wields no claymore, but fights with a never-ending supply of silver and cold iron dirks.

The Lion is a mystical brick who draws his strength from the strength and courage of the people of England.

Next Team: The Micro 7

This group is an independent super security force which a has members from all backgrounds and worlds and bringing a wide range of skills, powers, and talents to bear on any job given them. The one thing they all have in common is that they are able to reduce their sizes anywhere from six inches tall to microscopic and beyond which gives them a huge advantage to infiltrate the most impregnable facilities around and following just about anyone and anything virtually undetected.

Members:7

I came up with this idea recently after looking over a good number of my Champions characters and I noticed I had good sized number of "shrinkies" (to borrow a term from Dr. Shrinker) with a wide variety of powers.

While Particle Man uses his great abilities to lead his team of villains to conquering the world, his sister Electron Electra just wants to make a living with her powers. She has the same shrinking, flight, molecular control of the atom that he does, only she doesn't use it to blow people up from the inside.

CES

Fun Guy

Deep in space, on the outskirts of our solar system, orbits a dwarf planet with an interesting history of brushes with cosmic death and vast, impersonal, unthinking cosmic forces.

And, oh, by the way, get all that Lovecraft nonsense out of your head. It's just too depressing to be real. What happened is that our planet used to be a near-Earth object, got itself showered with Archaean life in a long ago bolide collision (nothing to do with us, but our apologies anyway if it inconvenienced you!) Then it tangled with Jupiter --he's a mean one, doesn't look where he's going-- and got thrown out into deep space.

Well, we Archaean protolife are a hardy bunch. I won't bore you with how life was back in the day, you kids today wouldn't believe it. I hardly believe the distance I've come from there to here myself. Here I am, a respected superhero in the Micro 7, using my microscopic size and Laws-of-Thermodynamics-defying cryogenic powers to make a difference.

And that's why I can be here today, here drinking Chateau de Chasselas in this pretty little wine bar with an even prettier companion. Although I'm thinking that this might be a little quiet for you. It sure is for me. Fun Guy is a fun guy and a fungi, and he's ready for some fun!

And, no, I'm not really a fungi. I'm something much sexier than that. [Wink.]

To help him solve mysteries, scientist Rick Roach developed a gas that allows him to shrink to the size of an insect. To further extend his capabilities, and to protect himself from being eaten by birds, the diminutive detective has built himself a tiny but highly technologically advanced beetle-shaped aircraft.

Now, if you want someone bugged, the Crimson Cockroach is your man.

BigGuy

This hero has the unusual title of being "the largest shrinker one can think of". He is an alien from the same Species as the vilanious Beli form "The Condition".

He was sent to earth with a robot similar to hers to apprehend her, but instead of finding her he found the entire "The Condition" team. They quickly tore his his robot appart, but he escaped them. He did not give up, however: With the help of some local scientist he made anotehr robot (that oddly looks like the EarthBot from Robo Warriors). Like his target, he included a shrinking device that allows his robot to shrink exaclty to human size (he tried to increase the shrinking, but the system never get the proportions right when he goes smaller than human).