Create a Hero Theme Team!

Cygnia

Re: Create a Hero Theme Team!

I didnt want to create another one but this one popped in my head, thanks to a certain TV phenomenon. And I just had to do it.

U-4, short for UFO (you know U-fo, fo short for 4, get it? Well, it doesnt matter) is nuttier than a squirrel's kitchen. You've probably seen him on the show Antiquity's Aliens as an "expert" This dude believes everything is the result of aliens. Crop cirles? Aliens. Nazca lines? aliens. Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad? aliens. Like I said nuttier than a squirrel kitchen.

Well, when he heard about Talina/Seer's "great, evil tribe" returning, he just knew it was the aliens coming back. So, he is prepared. He has acquired a gauntlet of "reverse-engineered alien technology" (ok, that is true, but know one believes him. The loony who cried alien and all that) with plasma beams, force fields, hover flight, and possibly other abilities not yet harnessed. (it isnt like U-4 completely knows how to use it)

Of course, most of the rest of the group can barely tolerate him. Damage Control routinely ask if he should "fix" U-4's head. Fabrique has made suggestions on how he should use his little gadget. But, what would she know about aliens?

Note: If you havent figured out, I am spoofing* Ancient Aliens. When doing this character, I kept seeing the one "expert" that is always on there that has the black hair sticking in all directions.

*Not sure if it is spoofing, though, if anything I may be understating that show.

okay that's funny cause I know exactly who you are talking about. they just had his picture in the neat pictures thread not too long ago.

CES

Yeah, I find out the guy in question is a Giorgio tsoukalos which must be alien for "loony dingbat"

In the disaster that's coming, someone is going to have to stand up and take one for the team. Dan Hussy, retired football legend, is that man. His ability to absorb damage and channel into his strength and speed might have disqualified him for sports, but it makes him the perfect Lineman.

CES

• 4 weeks later...

The current Membership of Undergound:

Cpt. Absalom Withers

The Idiot Savant

Damage Control

Talina/Seer

Fabrique

U-4

Dan Hussy/Lineman

the 8 and Final Member is Sasquatsch.

He looks like a Bigfoot/Sasquatsch from Legend, but he isn't a mutant or of another species. He build himself a exoskeleton and knowing of the comming apokalypse wanted to be prepared for cold weather. She he put a pelt-costume over it (actually it is a very durable, pelt-like material easily as durable as your average Power Armor Plates).

He is an acomplished hunter and survivalist and of coruse feigning to be the "real deal" helps him to scare away random

people before they discover undergroudns hideout.

However wants the next tem can have it, but:

Only 5-6 Teammembers max. anything more only let's this thread grind to a halt.

Not an american, but I try:

Vigilant*

Until quite recently he used to be a dog, and a really old one at that. He was in his currently apparent age before the declaration was signed. Because of a serious offense against a Native Shaman he was cursed to "Eternal life as a Dog, until you save one of my blood". Unfortunately the last other member of his family (the shaman itself didn't count), died a few seconds later in a totally unrelated accident, leaving him stuck in his dog body until recently.

He somehow became the maskot of the Team, who was at that tiem ignorant of his heritage.

Only at the last independence day in an event infolving an evil, Magical Clone of the Shaman (that he accidently saved) the curse was lifted (apparently magical clones counts as "of his blood, but not him").

He still retains a a few of his dog-powers (like heightened smell) and has a lot of experience judging the emotions of human.

He hopes to finally have his first 4th Juli as a human next year.

Now, if he just could turn of those old dog habits...

*As in "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance".

• 2 weeks later...

Davis Walters was a closet neo pagan who ended up joining the United States Army. When his unit was ambushed, and many of them were badly wounded, he recalled an old spell that might allow him to save them that drew on the protective power of Mars, Eagle, and Inanna! His willingness to give his own life and lore attracted their attention it seems, for he was given great power in exchange for one task: He would become a champion of religious freedom in America. He would be allowed to keep his identity secret, but he would wear the colors of his nation, and his pagan trappings both proudly. Upon accepting, his ritual knife was empowered with many mystic properties. Now he is a sorceror soldier with a blade that can deflect bullets, sever mystic bindings, and grant him visions in its reflective metal.

He calls himself American Athame!

I always lose track of these things. Very well...

Name: The Four Rocketeers!

Number: 4

Theme: Four superheroes, none of them with an innate power of flight, were granted rocket packs by an eccentric and grateful billionaires. Like the musketeers they draw homage from they are fun loving, fierce, and loyal to each other adhering to the old motto "Alll for one and one for all!"

Wild Storm is the billionaires "Atractive Daughter" and a exceptional engineer. She has modified her rocket-pack to something more like a "rocket suite". It allows her incredible maneuverability - so much she developed a martial arts based on floating above the ground and using her arm/feet rockets to boost the power of her impact, turning, spinning, dodging and the like. But aside from hands and feets, she is only weakly protected and relies heavily on dodging attacks.

Okay, nothing up in a week. So I'll finish this team and start a new one:

Firefly is an fire projector. He got the entire set - flame blasts, protective aura, etc. But for some reason he cannot fly. Not even float. His controll about fire is simply not detailed enough. His jetpack is actually jsut a item that focusses his fire powers and allows him to project a propulsive fire though the exhaust.

Swift Thought is the engineer who built the others Jetpacks with backing from the Billionaire. Flyign with them he can observe how they behave in the field and knows where to make improvements.

New team!

Name: Me, Myself and I (short MMI)

Number: 6 (or one, depending on counting method)

Theme: There are many alternative earths in the multiverse. Some are almost like ours, just who has superpowers is slightly off. In others only genders are swapped. Others are Mirror Worlds, where good and evil are reversed. Again others have creatures of lore being real and a major influencing factor and your counterpart could be a centaur. In really wierd ones there live other sentients than humans on earth or the counterpart is an "alien visitor" (when most others are normal humans).

In one of these realities a villain got aware of his alternates and started recruiting evil, alternate version of himself for shemes that span the multiverse. As a response to this threat some of his good doppelgangers decided to form a counter team - MMI. Both sides have interdimensional travel and communication technology.

All real names (if you give them) should include a worldplay, synonym, homophone or other allusion to fire/heat.

• 2 weeks later...

(O.k. this is technically breaking the rule, But I'm doing it anyway.)

Maximillian Grant was nothing more than a minor bit player untill he got a role as the false romantic lead in a romantic comedy. The number of women who thouught the heroine was a fool for dumping him no matter how much of a jerk he was lead to the studio casting him as the leadin three romance films. His tradmark look is called by his fans the Great Smolder, or just Smolder. One day while relaxcing by the pool a rift opened up and he stepped through.

Maximillian was rather surprised to see himself, and even more surprised when he told himself. The other him was from an alternate dimension, and had come to recruit Max. The other him explained that with Max's power they would conquer the mulktiverse. Max explained he had no powers. Thats when the other him pointed a gun at him. The beam made Max feel very strange and like he was buring up. When Max recovered a third him was fighting the second him.

As he glared angrily at the second him 2nd's outfit suddenly burst into flame. He fled through the rift. THe third him explained to Max that he belonged to Me, Myself , and I an orginzation of Max's counterparts from other dimensions., They were trying to prevent the evil versions of themselves from taking over. Max asked if he could help.

Now Smolder journeys across demnsions seting women's hearts aflame, and anything evil as well.

Maxine Firestone had always felt different among her peers. A vivid daydreamer, she would rather lose herself in wild thoughts of being a warrior-sorceress-space knight-pirate captain (why limit yourself to one genre?) fighting epic crazed battles throughout the multiverses than do any schoolwork. As she grew older, she tried to channel her imagination in writing, but the rejection slips she got complained of too much self-insertion and wish fulfillment Mary Sues. She seemed destined for a mundane, boring existence...

...at least until the rift opened up and Maxine got hit with a ripple of -- she didn't know HOW to describe it really. Magic? Chronal distortion? Cosmic steroids? She fell through the rift, fascinated seeing what appeared to be versions of HER fighting herself? But when she saw a version of herself clad in a (tacky cliched) black leather dominatrix outfit lashing out with a barbed whip against a chained, shirtless and rather cute guy, well Maxine knew she had to take a stand! And suddenly she shifted taking the form of one of her favorite creations (super spy-martial artist Maxxy Q to be specific) to drive the evil her off and save the dude in distress. With practice (and help from the non-evil hers), Maxine found she could shift her body into the very heroes she dreamt about being!

Now, as Torchbearer, she is having the time of her life!