Tropes Revisited: Beautiful Female Martial Artist. Ideas sought

death tribble

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tropes Revisited: Beautiful Female Martial Artist. Ideas sought

I was wondering about whether a mixed message thing might be interesting here. In my Golden Age campaign one of the characters was called Nisei - daughter of Japanese immigrants whose parents were put in the concentration camps after Pearl Harbour.

She was determined to show that she (and her peers) were good american citizens. She would dress in traditional Japanese dress with classic Golden Age stars and stripes trimmings...

Doc

i'd like to see that

In reply to Bob, the ideas will be sorted into a vote and we all get to decide.

I would like to thank the Arc for the non-Asian ideas, Blue for the purely Asian ideas and Dr Democracy for the intersting history based idea. I believe an early Golden Age Champions one had a character called Maiden America who was Japanese or half Japanese.

In reply to Bob, the ideas will be sorted into a vote and we all get to decide.

I would like to thank the Arc for the non-Asian ideas, Blue for the purely Asian ideas and Dr Democracy for the intersting history based idea. I believe an early Golden Age Champions one had a character called Maiden America who was Japanese or half Japanese.

The 4E GAC had Madame Moonlight, who was second generation Japanese (her father was a WWI vet.) She has one of the coolest costumes ever to appear in a Hero System product.

The 4E GAC had Madame Moonlight' date=' who was second generation Japanese (her father was a WWI vet.) She has one of the coolest costumes ever to appear in a Hero System product.[/quote']

Doh! Now I am going to have to go home and look!!! ;)

Doc

From Britian...

brahms.png

Major Shirely "Death From Above" Brahms, SRR

I originally had Shirely in the SAS (Special Air Service), but found out that the SAS doesn't allow women, but the SRR (Special Reconnaissance Regiment) does.

From India...

Vajaya Nayar

That's a nice one! I'd rep you, but 'must spread'...

(Those of us who are frugal in spreading are more limited... *sigh*)

Here's a pic I've posted in the DCA thread previously...

attachment.php?attachmentid=37788&stc

Moonshadow

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to start gathering the ideas into one post and then let people agree/disagree before we put out a vote thread. The most popular design will be commissioned.
I'm looking forward to this. :) Is the plan to let the candidates on the vote thread be determined by the agree/disagree consensus?

Don't worry... she survives.

It's not clear exactly how, either. Shenua is tougher than just about any other character in the series in terms of how many times she's been shot and stapled. I guess it comes with being bloodthirsty and insane.

One more model for a beautiful female martial artist just came to my mind: a clown, using slapstick martial arts (aka Stooge-Fu). Put her in the big floppy shoes, a frilly pink dress with purple polka dots, white gloves, makeup, and a bright green mullet wig, ready to Do Her Thing with a rubber chicken in each hand.