Red Dragon, the martial artist who wasn't. 6E

Pizza Man

RED DRAGON

Background/History: Myron MacDyver is not a martial artist, but he is convinced that he is. He has never been to a dojo, or taken training of any sort. His sole experience is computer games and martial arts movies.

In fact, Myron is a mutant. He remains oblivious to that fact, in spite of the many true martial artists who try to tell him differently. Myron believes he is a “natural” who picked up his moves from the movies.

When his powers kicked in, Myron used his electronics skills to make a powered suit of armor. He has no problem looting fallen technology villains, cause that what happens in MMOs, so it should be OK in real life, right? Well it made sense to Myron, and he has access to technology he could never have afforded otherwise.

Myron is a full time college student and is just starting a major on criminal science. His goal is to become a PI and get paid for cracking cases. He living off of a grant, and is rather poor at the moment.

Personality/Motivation:

Myron truly wants to help the poor, downtrodden…well OK he doesn’t. But he does help people in need because it places him in confrontation with: super villains! Myron loves to kick A$$.

He is the typical nerd to cool guy transformation. He puts on a tough exterior, but is full of doubt inside. He can get great girls to date him, but Myron is far more comfortable with gals who play D&D.

Quote: “Boot to the head!”

“Green Dragon…That’s the tavern hobbits drink in, right?”

“CATS…Cats. I know you all have cool cat names, let me guess…Hello Kitty, right? OUCH!”

Powers/Tactics: Myron’s mutation kicked in during adolescence when he was focused like a laser beam on martial arts movies and collecting animie. (he wasn’t getting any dates, so he needed something to do) The mutation was influenced by Myron’s inner psyche and a muscle-bound, pseudo martial artist appeared.

The only power that surprised him is his entangle. A round portal opens up and tentacles erupt from another world. That’s a hentai movie skill and he never admits to seeing any of those in public. It has resulted in a spectacular hunted for him…C.A.T.S. A criminal organization of cat themed girls. After a few encounters with Red Dragon, they will go out of their way to kill him. After all: cat girls and tentacles do NOT mix…It doesn’t help that he has stolen a few kisses whilst the gals are entangled.

Martial Artists should note: Myron uses NO identifiable martial art style. This is offensive to some, amusing to others. Green Dragon is not in the amused camp.

Red Dragon knows nothing about MA Honor. He will attack from behind, while invisible, while the villain is entangled. This is also offensive to martial artists.

Campaign Use:

Red Dragon is a scrapper, not a brick. He can use a lot of end. Don’t be afraid to have him go desolid and recover. This is something he will need to fix with experience.

As a hero or a villain he’s somewhat goofy. In either case he doesn’t like to kill. (there are exceptions however) The Hunteds will remain the same, but make C.A.T.S. a hero group.

Hmmm, as a villain he would be more likely to go after high value technology and jewelry rather than a bank job. Easier to store, conceal and sell. If he did rob a bank it would be a Caribbean Bank that launders mob money.

Appearance:

His costume is influenced by Green Dragon’s (Myron always thought it was cool). Yet something else to piss off GD. Course, GD is always angry. Can’t even see a real martial artist when one’s standing in front of him.

The costume looks like red scales with gold accents. Myron is a Midwestern Kansas City sort, with Scottish/Irish blood.

Let me add one thing. The DCV in the PDF below is confusing. Its a DCV of 8. You'll see why its different in the powers section...

Re: Red Dragon, the martial artist who wasn't. 6E

Let me add one thing. The DCV in the PDF below is confusing. Its a DCV of 8. You'll see why its different in the powers section...

Very nice.

Let me show you how to remove the confusion (see the attached files).

Just one question. I've always thought "Style Disadvantage" was cheesy anyway, but what qualifies this guy for 15 pts worth?

Note that I like the character and I'm just nitpicking the one thing I saw that I questioned.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is mulling it over

Yep, have to agree with Lucius: This Style disadvantage is no disadvantage at all.

Green Dragon:" HAH! This Martial Artist uses NO STYLE I have ever seen - IT MUST BE RED DRAGON WHO IS FIGHTING THERE!"

Ogre: "Yep!"

Chestershire Cat: "That's probably why he keeps yelling "Boot to the head!"

Black Paladin: "And is wearing a RED costume, by the Nine Lords of the Abyss! Can we attack now?"

Green Dragon: "I suck ..."

That makes it more of a Mind Control 10D6, AE Radius, 0 END, Always On Persistent, only vs Style Analysts who sucessfully use KS: MA on Red Dragon (Style Analyst is disenhearted and thinks he sucks) than a Disadvantage in my comic-book.

I took the style thing out of the MA book. The 15 points came from the Hero Designer.

I can come up with a new one if its a problem.

Style is only applicable if it is a teached, systemized style that can be anaylised (you can use things like "I have take your measura" against them)

Some Styles in HSMA 6E can't take it, beacuse there aren't really systemized and thus the action can't really be predicted (Brick Tricks, Morphocombat and gun-kata are some of the examples who can't take it).

RED DRAGON

Background/History: Myron MacDyver is not a martial artist, but he is convinced that he is. He has never been to a dojo, or taken training of any sort. His sole experience is computer games and martial arts movies.

In fact, Myron is a mutant. He remains oblivious to that fact, in spite of the many true martial artists who try to tell him differently. Myron believes he is a “natural” who picked up his moves from the movies.

When his powers kicked in, Myron used his electronics skills to make a powered suit of armor. He has no problem looting fallen technology villains, cause that what happens in MMOs, so it should be OK in real life, right? Well it made sense to Myron, and he has access to technology he could never have afforded otherwise.

Myron is a full time college student and is just starting a major on criminal science. His goal is to become a PI and get paid for cracking cases. He living off of a grant, and is rather poor at the moment.

Personality/Motivation:

Myron truly wants to help the poor, downtrodden…well OK he doesn’t. But he does help people in need because it places him in confrontation with: super villains! Myron loves to kick A$$.

He is the typical nerd to cool guy transformation. He puts on a tough exterior, but is full of doubt inside. He can get great girls to date him, but Myron is far more comfortable with gals who play D&D.

Quote: “Boot to the head!”

“Green Dragon…That’s the tavern hobbits drink in, right?”

“CATS…Cats. I know you all have cool cat names, let me guess…Hello Kitty, right? OUCH!”

Powers/Tactics: Myron’s mutation kicked in during adolescence when he was focused like a laser beam on martial arts movies and collecting animie. (he wasn’t getting any dates, so he needed something to do) The mutation was influenced by Myron’s inner psyche and a muscle-bound, pseudo martial artist appeared.

The only power that surprised him is his entangle. A round portal opens up and tentacles erupt from another world. That’s a hentai movie skill and he never admits to seeing any of those in public. It has resulted in a spectacular hunted for him…C.A.T.S. A criminal organization of cat themed girls. After a few encounters with Red Dragon, they will go out of their way to kill him. After all: cat girls and tentacles do NOT mix…It doesn’t help that he has stolen a few kisses whilst the gals are entangled.

Martial Artists should note: Myron uses NO identifiable martial art style. This is offensive to some, amusing to others. Green Dragon is not in the amused camp.

Red Dragon knows nothing about MA Honor. He will attack from behind, while invisible, while the villain is entangled. This is also offensive to martial artists.

Campaign Use:

Red Dragon is a scrapper, not a brick. He can use a lot of end. Don’t be afraid to have him go desolid and recover. This is something he will need to fix with experience.

As a hero or a villain he’s somewhat goofy. In either case he doesn’t like to kill. (there are exceptions however) The Hunteds will remain the same, but make C.A.T.S. a hero group.

Hmmm, as a villain he would be more likely to go after high value technology and jewelry rather than a bank job. Easier to store, conceal and sell. If he did rob a bank it would be a Caribbean Bank that launders mob money.

Appearance:

His costume is influenced by Green Dragon’s (Myron always thought it was cool). Yet something else to piss off GD. Course, GD is always angry. Can’t even see a real martial artist when one’s standing in front of him.

The costume looks like red scales with gold accents. Myron is a Midwestern Kansas City sort, with Scottish/Irish blood.

as a certainother drago themed martial arts super hero wold say"empower the dragon"

Similar, but not identical, to the concept of "The Mad Ninja", the brick in one of my campaigns who thought he was a martial artist.

"I use Stalking Tiger Style to pick up that tank and throw it!"

"I use Clever Panda Style to make you think I was bouncing bullets off my chest when I was actually dodging them!"

A small nitpick...

This isn't offensive to martial artists. It's offensive to those who have a specific code of honor.

BIG difference there.

Red Dragon might still have a form of Style Disdavantage if the imitiation "Martial arts" moves and strategies he's stolen from MA movies make him exceptionally easy for the skills to read ("Oh yeah, The Last Dragon Scene 2. He'll probably block and try to sweep....Finally KS: Kung Fu movies pays off!"). He might also suffer penalties to Pre Attacks and similar issues when people can tell he's knows nothing about what's supposedly doing. Perhaps the Disad could be reworded instead of eliminated?

Red Dragon might still have a form of Style Disdavantage if the imitiation "Martial arts" moves and strategies he's stolen from MA movies make him exceptionally easy for the skills to read ("Oh yeah' date=' The Last Dragon Scene 2. He'll probably block and try to sweep....Finally KS: Kung Fu movies pays off!"). He might also suffer penalties to Pre Attacks and similar issues when people can tell he's knows nothing about what's supposedly doing. Perhaps the Disad could be reworded instead of eliminated?[/quote']

Good point.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks perhaps he should take the Style Advantage instead from Combat Incompetence

OK, I'll do some tweaking here and there. But no real corrections will be seen till the weekend (I've got mandatory overtime).

With 80 points of complications I need only replace the MA one with a 10 point comp.

I could pull the standard mutant distinctive features for Red Dragon. Hmmm but he feels like a more unique type...let me ruminate on this one. a bit.

The Distinctive Features for a martial arts style is mainly to give a large bonus to the Analyze Style skill and any associated abilities gained by knowing what an opponent is likely to do next. If his Movie Fu is as predictable as a real martial arts style, then IMHO it is okay to take it.