What Champions Universe character would you gender change?

Steve

IMHO, some of the characters in the Champions Universe just seem to be the wrong gender. An example of that would be Cheshire Cat. I really like the name and powerset, but for my Icons campaign I've redone Cheshire Cat as a woman, a sexy cat burglar like Marvel's Black Cat or DC's iconic cat burglar, Catwoman.

If you were to change the gender of a Champions Universe character in a character rewrite, who would it be and why?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What Champions Universe character would you gender change?

This being the internet, this could lead us into scary turf indeed ;)

That said, I think I would take another of the Masterminds/Big Bads and turn them female. Or at least give them a female counter part. While the CU is actually FAR more balanced IMO than most actual comic book settings for that, one or two more wouldn't hurt.

Come to think of it, I may have to make "The Daughter of Destroyer" sometime

Haven't given this much thought before. Disagree with the OP. Cheshire Cat is just fine the way he is. He'd just be a drop in a sea of a million catgirls as a woman. And there is a sexy female desolidifying robinhoodesque villainess in 6e, Vixen. So why shouldn't the female heroes have someone to chase romantically?

I would like more women master villains, or perhaps a monstrous female. We have traded Hideous for Grotesque but there is no female version perhaps Frag counts - but she's only demonic part of the time.

Bulldozer

Lucius Alexander

Opinions expressed by Lucius Alexander are not necessarily those of Palindromedary Enterprises, its management or employees, Mr. Alexander, or the palindromedary

I wouldn't retcon Bulldozer as female. But I might have him sign up for gender alteration surgery as a plot line/expansion on him being so deep in the closet he can see Narnia.

I like the idea of Gargantua being a woman. Attack of the 50 Metre Woman... Awesome.

Which master Villain would I change...Mmm. How about the Supreme Serpent. But she actually pretends to be a man, ala the villain (forget the name) from G-Force/Battle of the Planets. I like a nice call out to old tv shows.

I would have to vote for Gargantua' date=' Grond, Ripper, or Valak so that one of the "strongest in the world club" was female.[/quote']

Well if the Seven Horsemen were still around their big bad was Destruction...she of 90 STR and a RKA damage field that she just destroyed everything she came into contact with.

But I agree. Also could use a female speedster in there too.

... I think I would take another of the Masterminds/Big Bads and turn them female. Or at least give them a female counter part. While the CU is actually FAR more balanced IMO than most actual comic book settings for that' date=' one or two more wouldn't hurt. [/quote']

That's one of the things I also appreciate about the Champions Universe vs. the published comics universes. More women being among the major leaguers is a very long tradition in Champions.

I can't think of any master villains who seem in need of trans-gendering, but if I were to pick one I'd go with Sunburst. Gives you a Phoenix style without copyright concerns.

That's one of the things I also appreciate about the Champions Universe vs. the published comics universes. More women being among the major leaguers is a very long tradition in Champions.

I can't think of any master villains who seem in need of trans-gendering, but if I were to pick one I'd go with Sunburst. Gives you a Phoenix style without copyright concerns.

That would actually be an improvement, as Sunburst is sort of a lackluster master villain anyway. I would make her Japanese and call her Amaterasu. Change the origin a little bit, snd the experiments that created her could have been after Hiroshima.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaterasu

I'm now officially sold on that idea. YMMV.

Gargan- too predictable? :eek:

Actually, the first one I thought of was Obsidian. I'm picturing something along the lines of LoSH's Monstress, maybe.

I can't believe nobody said Foxbat yet...

Strangely enough, Foxbat already has been...sort of. IIRC, when HERO games of yesteryear and Heroic Publishing (the maker of the comics) had their big falling out, the RPG kept the rights to the Foxbat character, leaving Heroic publishing with a Foxbat sized hole...

The solution, again, if I remember correctly, Foxbat was turned female, and given the name "The Flying Fox"

So there you go :)