Destroy Your Geek Cred!!

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Cassandra said:

Lucifer was sustained by a talented cast but ultimately the point was as hard to find as Heather Langenkamp in Star Trek: Into Darkness.

It was funny and the cast had good chemistry. The overall plot was mostly window dressing for a supernatural knockoff of Castle. I'll miss it a bit. Some entertainment can just be entertaining, you know.

On 5/18/2018 at 8:11 AM, Logan.1179 said:

I never understood her appeal.

I liked her on Raising Dad. I liked her in the first Thor movie. I think her style of humor is entertaining in small doses, but not particularly clever. I tried to watch that abomination of a sitcom they put her on lately, but it was too painful.

I mostly enjoyed the first season of Lucifer. That said, it really didn't need to be renewed. It quickly lost its mojo going into season two. But, then, I felt the same way about Game of Thrones. I gave up after the first episode of the second season. The writing was on the wall. Besides, the armies of newly converted and rabid fantasy "fans" proved utterly tedious. These were the same people who sneered at fantasy and denigrated the genres fans twenty years ago. Of course, I can't stand George RR Martin's writing, either. He's a cynical nihlist and sadist who finds catharsis in abusing his readers. I'm so glad that series is now done.

7 hours ago, clnicholsusa said:

Unfortunately, I really DO agree with this statement, but I also believe David Hasselhoff wasn't very good as Nick Fury.

I'm of the opinion we're suffering from Samuel L Jackson poisoning. I love Quentin Tarantino films and think he was brilliantly cast in them. I've enjoyed him in a lot of films. He can be very entertaining. But Samuel L Jackson plays Samuel L Jackson. He does not have a lot of range and often strikes a dissonant note when he can't rise to the role and material. Hollywood has this habit of taking popular actors and making them ubiquitous even when they casting them isn't appropriate for the role or film.  One example: Mace Windu. He had no business being  cast as a Jedi Master, let alone the head of the Jedi Order. It was idiotic.  I mean, if you need an argument for why the Jedi had to fall and executing Order 66 was a patriotic duty, look no farther! WTF?