Destroy Your Geek Cred!!

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, massey said:

I don't read webcomics, with the exception of the occasional Penny Arcade (and then I only get the joke about half the time).

I don't watch anime.

I don't read science fiction or fantasy.

I don't play video games.

I never watched Babylon 5, Dr Who, Battlestar Galactica, Game of Thrones, or the Stargate shows.

Monty Python sucks.

I saw the first Harry Potter movie and didn't like it.  Haven't seen the others, nor read the books.

I haven't read any comics in about 15 years.

My girlfriend had to set up our wifi because I don't know how.

I don't have a crush on any of the girls in geek shows.

Hmm, I don't read webcomics much either

Do watch anime, if fact I tend to like manga/anime more than our own comics

Sometimes read scifi, not fantasy all that much

don't really play video games anymore,  hands have aged. If I do it is on the easier levels.

Of those I have only really watched BSG and really mostly only the original.  Seen a few SG episodes, but liked the movie better.  I just don't understand Dr. Who.

Monty Python is hit or miss for me

Harry Potter sucks

Yeah, kind of done with comics.  Cant really even stand Marvel anymore, can still tolerate DC in small doses

don't have a GF, and don't have wifi, electronis hate me,  and I can barely deal with this computer

well, I guess I might have smallish crushes,  but I wouldn't go overboard  (like someone on this board does for a certain X-files heroine, *cough cough*)

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:40 PM, Cassandra said:

Still haven't seen Spiderman: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnorak, Avengers: Infinity War, Justice League, Suicide Squad, or Wonder Woman.

Hey I haven't either (and other than Wonder Woman probably wont bother)

On 5/10/2018 at 8:00 PM, Badger said:

well, I guess I might have smallish crushes,  but I wouldn't go overboard  (like someone on this board does for a certain X-files heroine, *cough cough*)

Admittedly, Agent Reyes was kind of hot in Mystic Pizza.

On 10 May 2018 at 12:54 AM, massey said:

I don't read webcomics, with the exception of the occasional Penny Arcade (and then I only get the joke about half the time).

I don't watch anime.

I don't read science fiction or fantasy.

I don't play video games.

I never watched Babylon 5, Dr Who, Battlestar Galactica, Game of Thrones, or the Stargate shows.

Monty Python sucks.

I saw the first Harry Potter movie and didn't like it.  Haven't seen the others, nor read the books.

I haven't read any comics in about 15 years.

My girlfriend had to set up our wifi because I don't know how.

I don't have a crush on any of the girls in geek shows.

This thread is titled, 'destroy your geek red', and it nice that Death Tribble, Cassandra, Armory, & clnicholsusa contributed in the spirit of the thread regarding Monty Python, right Massy? 

14 hours ago, death tribble said:

Where I come from , that's fighting talk you cross eyed, Ewok loving varmint ! 

I am not cross-eyed. 

(assuming you are saying Ewok loving is in regards to them tasting good, in which case I consider that part a compliment)

Be sure to get my new cookbook "To Serve Ewok" by the way

Nope.  The Hoff as Nick Fury was an actual thing.  It did have some fairly nifty moments in it though--I liked their designs for the Helicarrier and the HYDRA agents.  Some of them were in these German-style uniforms with peaked kepis and masks that covered everything, even the eyes, while some were MIB types in suits with grey skin and dark glasses. 

But then, you had The Hoff as Fury.  Bruce Willis would have been a better choice, but I doubt they could afford him at that point.  Still, it was better than I expected it would be.

On 5/14/2018 at 5:56 AM, Bazza said:

This thread is titled, 'destroy your geek red', and it nice that Death Tribble, Cassandra, Armory, & clnicholsusa contributed in the spirit of the thread regarding Monty Python, right Massy? 

They definitely reinforced their geek cred. :)

Most series are liable to cancellation by end series 7 due to the escalation of actors fees. The programme you mention reached six series. As did Two Broke Girls which just got cancelled. And Brooklyn 99 has just been moved to another network for its sixth season.

The series that go beyond 7 series are the exception rather than the rule for all the networks.

I can understand you wanting to blame just Fox alone (the Rupert Murdoch factor) but it ain't necessarily so.

9 hours ago, death tribble said:

Most series are liable to cancellation by end series 7 due to the escalation of actors fees. The programme you mention reached six series. As did Two Broke Girls which just got cancelled. And Brooklyn 99 has just been moved to another network for its sixth season.

The series that go beyond 7 series are the exception rather than the rule for all the networks.

I can understand you wanting to blame just Fox alone (the Rupert Murdoch factor) but it ain't necessarily so.

How did 2 Broke Girls survive that long.  ANd when is Satan collecting?