Champions Villains 3: Solo Villains Kickstarter is LIVE

JamesG

Not sure why there isn't a sticky for this posted already, but here is the Kickstarter URL:

Full color and hardcover.

$50 for the book. (or $35 for the book, if you previously bought the PDF from the HERO store.)

$60 for book + PDF

$70 for book + PDF + Hero Designer Character Pack

Additional tiers for bundling in copies of Villains 1 and 2, signed/numbered copies, etc.

Let's get this thing funded!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions Villains 3: Solo Villains Kickstarter is LIVE

Thanks! I did not know this had already started. Pledged my support as I am with all HERO related Kickstarters whether I'm interested in the product or not (not particularly interested in this one; even though I started with Champions I'm currently more of a Fantasy HERO guy now).

Guest dan2448

I've now pledged $50. This is the first kickstarter (for anything) that I've ever participated in.

I am very happy that the book will be printed as a hardcover and in color, just like the other two volumes in the series. That's the way I wanted it. So I've put my money where my mouth is.

I was also appreciative of the fact that the cost to get a physical copy of the book was set at $50 or less. (Well, $50 in this case.)

Pledged. I bought the first two books at last GenCon, but since I have none of the HD Character Packs I got the 3 book bundle with PDF and HD Pack. Maybe I can gift my duplicate copies if I find someone who would be interested...

I wish I could give something' date=' but funds are tight for me.Humm...a list of villians would be nice...to know who is in it in advance...[/quote']A large portion of them is listed in the first update on the Kickstarter...

Yup. Someone kindly put up A-K

When you back Champions Villains 3: Solo Villains, you get a vast rogues' gallery including:

Alchemica, Ambush, Ankylosaur, Anubis, Arachne, Armadillo, Arrowhead, Automaton, Baykok, Black Fang, Blackguard, Black Harlequin, Black Paladin, Bloodrage, Blowtorch, Brainchild, Bromion, Bulldozer, Buzzsaw, Cadaver, Cairngorm, Captain Chronos, Cateran, Cybermind, Deadman Walkin', Devastator, Doctor Teneber, Double Dealer, Dragonfly, Dreamwitch, Eclipsar, Eclipse, El Salto, Entropy, Esper, Evil Eye, Exo, Fenris, Firewing, Fleshtone, Foxbat, Frag, Freakshow, Galaxia, Galeforce, Gargantua, Gauntlet, Geos, Geothermal, Glacier, Green Dragon, Grenadier, Grond, Grotesk, Harpy, Hazard, Hell Rider, Herculan, Hornet, Howler, Hurricane, Incubus, Jade Phoenix, Josiah Brimstone, Kanrok the Acquisitioner

I suspect stopping at K was just due to restriction on the length of text you can put in one post' date=' and further updates will finish the alphabet. ;)[/quote']

Good call :)

Second update finished the job

Lady Blue, Lamplighter, Lash, Lazer, Leech, Leviathan, Li Chun the Destroyer, Lodestone, Mantara, Mantisman, Masquerade, Mechassassin, Megavolt, Menagerie, Mindgame, Mirage, Morningstar, Morph, Mother Gothel, Nebula, Ogre, Onslaught, Photon, Plague, Pulsar, Python, Reaper, Ricochet, Riptide, Samhain, Sargon, Scimitar, Shadowdragon, Shrinker, Signal Ghost, Snowblind, Spektr, Spirit Fist, Stalker, Steel Commando, Stiletto, Stingray, Stormfront, Sunspot, Syzygy, Tachyon, Taipan, Talisman, Terrayne, The Basilisk, The Curse, The Engineer, The Living Sphinx, The Monster, Thorn, Thunderbird, Thunderbolt, Timelapse, Turs al-Sh'ab, Utility, Valak the World-Ravager, Vector, Vesper, Vibron, Vixen, Wayland Talos, White Rhino, Wildeye, Witchfinder, Zephyr, Zigzag, Zorran the Artificer

Not sure why there isn't a sticky for this posted already, but here is the Kickstarter URL:

Full color and hardcover.

$50 for the book. (or $35 for the book, if you previously bought the PDF from the HERO store.)

$60 for book + PDF

$70 for book + PDF + Hero Designer Character Pack

Additional tiers for bundling in copies of Villains 1 and 2, signed/numbered copies, etc.

Let's get this thing funded!

Yeah, I kicked $180 for all 3 books, PDF's and HD Writeups.

Jason should really think about doing Paper, PDF and HD bundles in the Main Store. It would really motivate sales of the HD Char Packs :D

These are books that I can really use.

Most of the published villains from the many 5E books were updated for this collection, plus several new ones in each volume. Steve Long expressed his hope that interesting villains who appeared in later or less widely-circulated books, and thus tended to be overlooked, would receive the attention they deserve by being part of the "core" villain reference set.

I went withe $110 version. I have one PDF already. But I'm tempted to throw the other 70 for the HDC packs and other two PDFs.
[PeerPressure] Just do it' date=' you know you want to. [/PeerPressure']

Hi Jason.

There were a number of folks on the CO forums who felt that the kickstarter wasn't clear enough about being a print version of a product that's already available in PDF. Just thought you might like to know and make sure that info's properly conveyed in an uodate.

Good luck! Hope to see this on store shelves soon!