Royal Pain

Nothere

The 13 year old member of a royal family has come to the city to have one last grand adventure before having to get serious about ruling his country. Unfortunatly he's decided to fdo that by battling superheros. So he robs a bank or kidnaps someone and waits for a superhero to show up. Between his diplomatic immunity and paying off his victims he's managed to keep from being thrown out of the country, but he is causing chaos on a regular basis. So what do you do?

Re: Royal Pain

Olorin - t-port him back home, and repeat as nessesary. (He'd also put a trigger on the guy to know when he is in the country - and where.)

Volt - have a nice long talk with him. Failing that, push to have him deported.

Black tiger - give him a real good scare ala Batman type threats and situations

Leadman - chew him out

Futurian - "Hey man, how'd you like it if I did this in your country? Not cool. Do it and you are going back home. My way."

Vixen would attempt to talk her teammates into dressing up as supervillains and interfering ("You can't rob this bank, we're robbing this bank!"), then do their best to scare the crap out of the little punk by making it clear that they WILL go to the breaking of bones (even though they really wouldn't). One of her Ravenswood classmates was an Empath, who could also project ... see if she'll tag along to really put the fear of dog into the little brat.

After the first incident the government would declare him 'persona non grata' and send him home. Problem solved.

I'm afraid Vigil would handle the brat pretty roughly. It's unlikely he would be killed out of hand (although accidents can happen), but a lengthy hospital stay is very likely. Superheroing is NOT a game. Treating it as such can get you killed quite easily.

With what hero?

That's the point of these threads - you can pick any or all of your personal characters to respond.

Example:

Captain Boing: Sticks to the kid like glue and pesters him with endless questions.

Quetzlcoatl: Arranges to be, in secret ID, one of the kidnapping "victims." Refuses to go home until HE has been paid a princely ransom. Then probably disguises himself and repeats the ruse.

Lucius Alexander

Takes him for a ride on a palindromedary

Masquerade: Swipes the kid's papers, mimics his shape and powers (Mimicry shapeshift). Goes to his hom country and assumes thr throne in him place. She then call the little git an imposter and revokes his diplomatic immunity. She then finds some responsible and competent in his home country to abdicate rule to.

The 13 year old member of a royal family has come to the city to have one last grand adventure before having to get serious about ruling his country. Unfortunatly he's decided to fdo that by battling superheros. So he robs a bank or kidnaps someone and waits for a superhero to show up. Between his diplomatic immunity and paying off his victims he's managed to keep from being thrown out of the country' date=' but he is causing chaos on a regular basis. So what do you do?[/quote']

Diplomatic Immunity doesn't work that way. It means he can't be prosecuted for his crimes. He CAN be forced to leave the country. Also, a nation's government can choose to waive immunity for a citizen of theirs if the host nation asks them to. It happens occasionally, when the individual in question does something particularly egregious (i.e, his behavior embarrasses them or hurts the government's rep/standing. Now, him being the next ruler of Squalorvania means they probably won't, but they could. And if he's robbing banks and committing kidnappings for ***** and grins, they might.

And, again, even if they don't, the US government can throw him out of the country.

I can see Jack Diamond having WAY too much fun with this one. He'd find the kid after one of his capers, give him a pitch about how villainy is overrated, and invite him to a tour of his team's secret base on the moon. He'd show the kid the operations center, the training rooms, the dormitories, the labs, and finally the holding cells--and he'd leave the kid in one. I can see the conversation going something like this:

SB: Wait, you're leaving me in here?!

JD: Yep. You were robbing a bank. My job is to stop people from robbing banks. This is how I do it.

SB: But...but...you can't do this to me! I'm heir to the throne of Eastern Slobovia!

JD: I don't care if you're the duke of Earl. If you rob a bank when I'm around, you go to jail. That's how it works.

SB: But I have diplomatic immunity!

JD: Funny thing about that: I'm not a diplomat. Or a cop. I'm a vigilante superhero with a reputation for ruthlessness and unpredictable behavior. Entirely undeserved, of course. >evil grin<

SB: When my family finds out...

JD: If your family finds out, it will be because I've told them about it, most likely when I deliver you back to them. I'm sure they'll have a lot more questions for you than they will for me. Until then, however, make yourself comfortable. I'll pick up a magazine or sudoku book or something for you next time I'm planetside.

He'd then walk out and listen to the kid rant and rave for a few minutes...and then switch off the intercom and move on to something more important, like the previous night's baseball highlights.

(He would, of course, let the kid out eventually, when he felt that the kid had been sufficiently enlightened by his experience.)

Masquerade: Swipes the kid's papers' date=' mimics his shape and powers (Mimicry shapeshift). Goes to his hom country and assumes thr throne in him place. She then call the little git an imposter and revokes his diplomatic immunity. She then finds some responsible and competent in his home country to abdicate rule to.[/quote']

And what does Masquerade do when DNA tests and such prove the kid to be who he says he is? Matter of fact, any bodyguards the kid has with him would vouch for him as would anybody working at his country's consulate. They know where the ruler of their country is and they have more then enough information to verify his identity, even with his swiped papers. I'm thinking that any competent detective or, y'know, a telepath could thwart Masquerade's plan with ease.

Once that happens, there's an international incident and Masquerade is basically a wanted criminal who basically usurped the rule of a foreign nation. In short her plan doesn't fix the problem, it just makes it worse.

As for what my characters would do in this situation. Well they'd simply thwart whatever scheme the royal brat came up with, he's only thirteen years old after all so it shouldn't be too hard, and then take him to jail. As Sinanju and Vulcan pointed out, the kid can be forced to leave the country if he starts causing trouble. I'm thinking attempted armed robbery or attempted kidnapping would be enough to get him sent back home.

Upon further thought, I'd say my characters would also investigate the situation since this doesn't seem like a normal plan for a thirteen year old looking for a good time. More specifically they're invesitgating to see if anybody might have something to gain by discrediting the royal family and/or causing an international incident (because I have to think a foreign head of state comitting crimes on American soil would be an international incident.)

And what does Masquerade do when DNA tests and such prove the kid to be who he says he is? Matter of fact, any bodyguards the kid has with him would vouch for him as would anybody working at his country's consulate. They know where the ruler of their country is and they have more then enough information to verify his identity, even with his swiped papers. I'm thinking that any competent detective or, y'know, a telepath could thwart Masquerade's plan with ease.

Once that happens, there's an international incident and Masquerade is basically a wanted criminal who basically usurped the rule of a foreign nation. In short her plan doesn't fix the problem, it just makes it worse.

Masquerade copies everything down to DNA and mind patters. As for the rest, you're moving the goalposts.

Masquerade copies everything down to DNA and mind patters. As for the rest' date=' you're moving the goalposts.[/quote']

They'd still have enough information to actually confirm that the real prince is who he says he is. Particularly since a telepathic scan would show that the actual prince has all the memories the real prince should have and Masquerade doesn't. Eventually she would be found out and then there would be all sorts of trouble. Her plan makes things worse, not better and it's not particularly heroic.

They'd still have enough information to actually confirm that the real prince is who he says he is. Particularly since a telepathic scan would show that the actual prince has all the memories the real prince should have and Masquerade doesn't. Eventually she would be found out and then there would be all sorts of trouble. Her plan makes things worse' date=' not better and it's not particularly heroic.[/quote']

Okay. It's the internet. You are entitled to your conceit. I will point out that in a WWYCD, the only wrong answer is telling someone else that their character's answer is wrong.

Depending on who' date=' what, and where, a telepathic scan can also be construed as "an unusual invasion of privacy" or a violation of the 5th Amendment. Not to mention the civil rights violation.[/quote']

Not to mention the repercussions of examining the contents of a Head of State (quite literally!), possibly compromising any state secrets contained within.

Not to mention the repercussions of examining the contents of a Head of State (quite literally!)' date=' possibly compromising any state secrets contained within.[/quote']

If they're trusting a 13-year-old with state secrets (member of the royal family or not), their security isn't all that great to start with...