Today's Dumb Criminal Story ...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

And yet just two months ago we were celebraring the teove of graffiti unearthed in Pompeii....

As a species, we have the doublest of all possible standards, really....

Look at it this way. In a few thousand years, science will regard his inscription as just as valuable as theirs.

Edited by FenrisUlf

7 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Only if he wrote everything out in Latin, and used Roman numerals.

The git better HOPE he gets out of the country before they catch him.  I suspect the sentence will lean to the max;  the Italians take their monuments very, very seriously.

17 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Only if he wrote everything out in Latin, and used Roman numerals.

The git better HOPE he gets out of the country before they catch him.  I suspect the sentence will lean to the max;  the Italians take their monuments very, very seriously.

Agreed, though elsewhere I've seen some people sniffing over 'five years just for writing a pair of names on some old stone wall nobody cares about anyway'. Some people.

1 hour ago, FenrisUlf said:

Agreed, though elsewhere I've seen some people sniffing over 'five years just for writing a pair of names on some old stone wall nobody cares about anyway'. Some people.

The falsehood there is at the end of the statement.  Some people DO care...a very great deal.  

I get what you're saying, tho.  I try to avoid those people, but it's not always possible.

22 hours ago, unclevlad said:

The falsehood there is at the end of the statement.  Some people DO care...a very great deal.  

I get what you're saying, tho.  I try to avoid those people, but it's not always possible.

I meant 'some people' in the sense of 'I don't get some people'. It's worse here as I thought I knew them.

1 hour ago, Cygnia said:

IIRC they did say that was a newer wall, but...yeah.

He also apologized, but I suspect he's gonna be REAL sorry here soon enough:

If convicted, he faces a fine of between €2,500 and €15,000 and a prison sentence of two to five years.

5 minutes ago, FenrisUlf said:

I apologize if this doesn't belong here or not, but has anyone heard or read about the 15-year-old in NYC who dressed up as Spider-man and got lured off to a beating by several older kids, which they cheerily taped and uploaded, complete with their faces? Spidey-fan got a broken nose out of it.

Not really here.  Political thread if you think it has political overtones;  this doesn't appear to have those.  Extra! Extra! for general stories like this...like the man who stole the forklift and deliberately ran over a woman in the process.  This thread's for cases when we can say "how can someone be so STUPID as to do THAT?" or the like.  This case, from what I've read...simple google search brought it up...appears to be bullying...nothing more, altho that in no way is intended to be dismissive.  The girl who struck the kid has been ID'd, arrested, and charged with FELONY assault...so it's no joke.

On 7/5/2023 at 11:34 PM, unclevlad said:

Not really here.  Political thread if you think it has political overtones;  this doesn't appear to have those.  Extra! Extra! for general stories like this...like the man who stole the forklift and deliberately ran over a woman in the process.  This thread's for cases when we can say "how can someone be so STUPID as to do THAT?" or the like.  This case, from what I've read...simple google search brought it up...appears to be bullying...nothing more, altho that in no way is intended to be dismissive.  The girl who struck the kid has been ID'd, arrested, and charged with FELONY assault...so it's no joke.

I just did edit/remove it, my apologies for taking this long.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2023 at 6:28 PM, Cygnia said:

Yeahhhhhhhhh......................the last paragraph of the story sums the situation up...her attorney (I'm thinking public defender) requested a competency hearing.  The definition of competent to stand trial has nuances that may mean she's competent for trial...but I daresay, from what's in the story...probably not.  I'd also suspect her lawyer won't put up too much of an objection to holding her at least for now, pending the results of the competency hearing.  Definitely sounds like a danger to herself and others.