Eurostar (4th Ed) - Who were they?

Pariah

Back in 4th Edition, Eurostar received a makeover and some new members. (This was before the consolidation with Terror Inc., I believe.) I'm trying to remember who they all were. So far I've come up with:

Fiacho

Durak

Le Sone

Mentalla

White Flame

Bora

The Whip

I'm sure I've forgotten someone. Who is it?

Yep, you forgot Pantera. Scorpia was one of the Terror Inc people that joined after Terror Inc imploded in 5th. (I think Feuer joined as well?)

They're in Classic Enemies from 1989.

Yes, I think he's called Feuermacher or some such thing now.

Those guys were nasty. I think the team brick Durak was the slowest one and he had a dexterity of 23 and speed of 5.

Our team MidGuard fought them 10 years ago next month and it was a brutal fight. At one point in the battle every member of our team was either Stunned or unconscious, but we managed to turn it around a few Phases later and most of them are still in prison.

Durak was too tough to just KO since our own brick was absent, so we ended up mentally paralyzing him instead after we'd taken down Mentalla. Scorpia OTOH was pretty much a joke.

Those guys were nasty. I think the team brick Durak was the slowest one and he had a dexterity of 23 and speed of 5.

Our team MidGuard fought them 10 years ago next month and it was a brutal fight. At one point in the battle every member of our team was either Stunned or unconscious, but we managed to turn it around a few Phases later and most of them are still in prison.

Durak was too tough to just KO since our own brick was absent, so we ended up mentally paralyzing him instead after we'd taken down Mentalla. Scorpia OTOH was pretty much a joke.

One of characters in my group went one-on-one with Scorpia. "Daaaaaaannnnnnng. I heard you were good," before he landed the blow that took her out.

Actually, the original Eurostar, from Enemies II, consisted of just five members: Fiacho, Durak, Le Sone, Bora, and Pantera. I believe that may have been the reason for the "star" in "Eurostar," i.e. five "points."

Classic Enemies for 4E added Mentalla, the Whip, and White Flame to the lineup. That was the first published appearance of Mentalla and her brother, Menton.

Conquerors, Killers, And Crooks for 5E kept Fiacho, Durak, Mentalla, and Le Sone (renamed "Ultrasonique") from the previous lineup, and added two members from the disbanded Terror Inc., Scorpia and Feur (renamed "Feurmacher"). The 5E supplement Champions Universe: News Of The World brought Pantera back into the team.

Eurostar's latest incarnation, in Champions Villains Vol. 2: Villain Teams for 6E, kept the roster above, but added Der Westgote. He had previously appeared for 5E in The Ultimate Brick and Evil Unleashed, the latter of which mentions him joining Eurostar.

The version of the team appearing in Champions: New Millennium for the Fuzion system basically re-used the members of the 4E team in terms of powers and appearance, but seriously modified their backgrounds, as well as renaming several. Fiacho became "Fenris," Durak became "Centurion," and the Whip became "Scourge."

Actually, the original Eurostar, from Enemies II, consisted of just five members: Fiacho, Durak, Le Sone, Bora, and Pantera. I believe that may have been the reason for the "star" in "Eurostar," i.e. five "points."

Classic Enemies for 4E added Mentalla, the Whip, and White Flame to the lineup. That was the first published appearance of Mentalla and her brother, Menton.

Conquerors, Killers, And Crooks for 5E kept Fiacho, Durak, Mentalla, and Le Sone (renamed "Ultrasonique") from the previous lineup, and added two members from the disbanded Terror Inc., Scorpia and Feur (renamed "Feurmacher"). The 5E supplement Champions Universe: News Of The World brought Pantera back into the team.

Eurostar's latest incarnation, in Champions Villains Vol. 2: Villain Teams for 6E, kept the roster above, but added Der Westgote. He had previously appeared for 5E in The Ultimate Brick and Evil Unleashed, the latter of which mentions him joining Eurostar.

The version of the team appearing in Champions: New Millennium for the Fuzion system basically re-used the members of the 4E team in terms of powers and appearance, but seriously modified their backgrounds, as well as renaming several. Fiacho became "Fenris," Durak became "Centurion," and the Whip became "Scourge."

Re your edit reason, yeah tell me about it.

The Horsemen included some real powerhouses, but they were described as not being well coordinated as a team, whereas Eurostar are supposed to be the epitome of teamwork. Run as smart as they're supposed to be, Eurostar can be deadlier than Dr. Destroyer.

"Weird forum software behavior"? I can't imagine such a thing.... :rolleyes:

I don't remember White Flame but most of my 4E books were lost in a flood. I keep thinking of Fuer because there was something about how he was unable to turn off his powers that made him lash out as society.

What happened to him? I know in the Viper/Eurostar war in 6E Whip and Bora were killed (Bora had NO passive resistant defenses so I imagined that Viper KOed her while she was flying over a cathedral with a bunch of spikey bits). But no mention of White Flame. I guess with Fuermacher he was redundant.

In Champions 4ed, White Flame was an English aristrocrate with mystical flame powers who became a member of Eurostar. Eventuly, when evaluating the need for White Flame for 6ed, it was decided that him and his mystical flames were not needed. And seeing that Terror Inc. wasen't going to be used except for background information anymore...took a more evil flame user (Fuermacher, mostly because he can't shut his flame powers off and has a woe is me, but if I am going to be hurt, I will hurt eveyone else mentality).

Err...that should of been 5ed, not 6ed. Same universe, just earler in time.

White Flame never existed (as of yet) in the Champions 5ed/6ed/Complete Universe.

It was also mentioned in the 4e Champions Universe book that the Vandaleur twins had begun working extensively with Eurostar, although they hadn't officially joined the team.
That's a frightening prospect. A super-mage is about the only thing Eurostar lacks.

I wonder if an alliance with Cairngorm would be feasible...