Looking for plant based characters

Dischord

Looking for some inspiration for a plant based character and the only one I have been able to find in the books is Thorn from Solo Villains.  Anybody know of one I might have missed, 5th or 6th is fine I own all the books?  Or if anyone has one they have built I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

Do you have access to Blackwyrm Games's The Algernon Files for HERO 5E? Or its sequel, The Fires of War? Pp. 50-52 of the former describes the hero Wildflower, while her associated villain Evergreen is covered on pp. 178-79 of the latter. Both plant-based characters have rich backgrounds and sophisticated HERO builds.

Villain ideal: The Grim Gardener

Background: A villain/thief/bontnist who uses plant based weaponry.

Powers: Sleep Pollen (Mind Control, Only To Sleep, NND - unable to sleep), Thorn Gun (Blast and/or Ranged Killing Attack), Vine Gun (Entangle and Barrier), Seed Gun (Blast), among other powers. Also various Hand Killing Attack based on farming implements.

@Lord Liaden I do own The Algernon Files but I think it's in storage.  And I have would need a lot more need to risk going to the storage maze we own.

@Question Man as always you have some great answers, those are a few ideas I had as well.  And that is one name I will not use.....though my wifey laughed when I mentioned it to her.

@ steriaca I am looking at more of a hero who is a plant, not an insidious farmer, but that does give me ideas for the scientist who created my character, thanks.

@ fcaury was thinking about him being able to quickly grow "buds" that he can detach and throw for various effects, I like that one thanks.

@ Burrito Boy checking with a friend to see if he has the Gamma World book out, that's another one in the storage maze, I really should have rethought what I put in there.

Thanks all for the assistance.

Had this idea once, never put it into practice:

Blackleaf

The green color of plants is not the most ideal thing if you want to absorb as much solar power as possible. Blacks is it.

Realising this someone created "Blackleaf", a sentient, humanoid planet creature with utterly black coloration to absorb the maximum amount of solar energy for it's metabolism.

It does not care for green plants in any way (considering them inferior due to thier ineffective coloration/weak energy absorbption. He can be outright racist towards sentient green plant creatures), but it is interested in spreading the new and improove "black seed" of plants arcoss the planet.

Such a change can naturally be a problem for the eco balance, so a Heroic version would go about this carefully, well planned and (mostly) legal. Whereas a vilanoius would care as little as mechanon when he released his robo-tigers to replace real tigers.

There are two kinds of plant characters.  Those who control plants, and those who are plants.

The best example of the former is DC's Poison Ivy.  To build her you only need to have her special effects plant based (EB, Entangle, EB NND, etc.).  She would also have LS: Immunity [Poison].

The best example of the latter is Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy.  His powers are stretching, superhuman strength and toughness, and apparently no social skills.

Jason Woodrue, arch enemy of the Silver Age Atom started as someone who controlled plants (VPP) but later became a plant like creature.

In the sci-fi story by Roger Zelazny, "Doorways in the Sand", a minor character late in the story is a telepathic analyst (Dr. Mrmm'lrr or something like that) who happens to be a shrub, in a largish pot that animal types can push around, load onto ships, etc. I used him as the prototype for an NPC in a Star Hero game, but since he was an NPC and not a villain I never statted him out fully. The concept of a mentalist bush is one I still find amusing.

I think their are three types of 'plant' characters. One: characters who use plant based weapons. They do not control plants, but the weapons are at least 50% plant based. Examples from comic books are, Plantman (at least at the start), early Poison Ivy, early Floecant Man (Jason Woodrow). Champions does not have an analog villain for this. Two: This person has the ability to create and control plants. Examples include the later Florecent Man, later Poison Ivy. Again, their is no Champions analog. Three: Plant based living beings. Examples are the current version of the Florecent Man (Flora), Black Orchard, Swamp Thing, Man-Thing, Groot (a plant based alien). The only Champions analog is Thorn, but the tree throne of Tyronn is close. And, if your looking at other superhero RPG's, their is Evergreen from Villains And Vigilantes.

I think their are three types of 'plant' characters. One: characters who use plant based weapons. They do not control plants, but the weapons are at least 50% plant based. Examples from comic books are, Plantman (at least at the start), early Poison Ivy, early Floecant Man (Jason Woodrow). Champions does not have an analog villain for this. Two: This person has the ability to create and control plants. Examples include the later Florecent Man, later Poison Ivy. Again, their is no Champions analog. Three: Plant based living beings. Examples are the current version of the Florecent Man (Flora), Black Orchard, Swamp Thing, Man-Thing, Groot (a plant based alien). The only Champions analog is Thorn, but the tree throne of Tyronn is close. And, if your looking at other superhero RPG's, their is Evergreen from Villains And Vigilantes.

This post contains both points which could use clarification, but also which remind me of useful info. One, there's a villain called Evergreen in the aforementioned The Algernon Files: The Fires of War, most of whose plant-based powers are Focussed through the Erl King's Staff. Two, Thorn from Champions Villains Vol. 3 in fact does have the ability to mentally control and animate plants, up to transforming them into monsters.

Three, Tyrannon is actually another good, handy example. The mechanical builds and described SFX of some of the powers of the Tree Throne, on pages 242 and 250, and those of his Tree Viceroys and Emissaries on p. 254, illustrate several more plant-based abilities.

Well there's Kami no Hayashi  a member of  Yooso from Ninja Hero.

Another good one would be Azame from the anime Ninja Scroll: The Series.

To be precise, the HERO Fourth Edition version of Ninja Hero, written by the late great Aaron Allston.

If we're going back to Fourth Edition, I recall The Rose, an elemental plant spirit from the Land of Legends and one of 4E DEMON's governing Inner Circle, written up in the DEMON chapter of Classic Organizations. The mythic gods Demeter and Dionysus, as presented in The Olympians, also had 4E-statted plant powers.

Mayflower of the Force of July from the Outsiders comic has plant based powers.  

She used trees to entangle Geo-Force.  Then he broke free she fainted.  When he went to check her out Mayflower covered his face with a mask of pollen that caused him to pass out.

There's a couple of planted based super-heroes in the Uberworld universe.

Oak http://www.uber-world.com/characterpage.php?cid=667

Ent http://www.uber-world.com/characterpage.php?cid=622

There both walking trees, I guess...

Forrestal http://www.uber-world.com/characterpage.php?cid=127

Miasma http://www.uber-world.com/characterpage.php?cid=927