[Police brutality] American injustice, yet again.

Ragitsu

This is [bLEEP]ed up...:mad:

Witnesses to New Jersey Shooting Say Police Failed to Stop Fellow Officer From Firing at Wife

A Neptune Township, New Jersey police officer named Phillip Seidle allegedly shot and killed his estranged wife in the presence of their seven-year-old daughter on Wednesday—and reports say that other law enforcement agents on the scene took no action to stop Seidle from firing shots at the victim in their presence, with some officers even hugging and comforting him when he surrendered.

La Rose.

Nice piece of journalism.

The one part I disagree with is the claim that these cops aren't bad people. Sure, part of why this horrible behavior arises and gets excused is because of nature of the system that encourages the ultimate expression of "my way or the highway", but... the system also attracts the kind of person that wants to use authority not as a carefully applied tool to preserve and maintain peace, but as a billy club to assert their own (oftentimes fragile) ego upon anyone they can use it on.

I came across this gem of a story a bit ago: LA cops raid a pot dispencery, Jack the cameras, proceed to eat the products and play around while making offensive jokes. So, where in the police manual does it say "jack the cameras after clearing out everyone in a raid"? And what are the chances that any video they did get was destroyed minus the camera they left up? Every single one of those cops should be fired, arrested, and thrown in jail. 

La Rose. 

I came across this gem of a story a bit ago: LA cops raid a pot dispencery, Jack the cameras, proceed to eat the products and play around while making offensive jokes. So, where in the police manual does it say "jack the cameras after clearing out everyone in a raid"? And what are the chances that any video they did get was destroyed minus the camera they left up? Every single one of those cops should be fired, arrested, and thrown in jail. 

La Rose. 

Actually, it's worse than that. They were apparently only there to deliver a couple citations.

Actually, it's worse than that. They were apparently only there to deliver a couple citations.

Indeed. Going in with a hit squad over a failure to have / maintain a business license is ridiculous. They only did that there because it was a pot joint and they really needed everyone out before they could start stealing the pot and jerking around while on the clock. 

La Rose. 

Indeed. Going in with a hit squad over a failure to have / maintain a business license is ridiculous. They only did that there because it was a pot joint and they really needed everyone out before they could start stealing the pot and jerking around while on the clock. 

La Rose. 

Exactly. The rationalization for busting down doors instead of knocking (or just walking through the door in a public place), is pretty much always preservation of evidence, with the occasional officer safety BS thrown in. In this case, there was no evidence involved.

La Rose. 

YES

(I'm sorry, the choke hold slaying of a man in NYC should have put a certain cop in jail imo)

There was an interesting NPR piece back when this was happening when one of the correspondents sat down with her friend, who was a female police officer, to watch the tape of that incident.  To the correspondent it was painfully obvious that the cop there was choking an innocent man to death, but to the female police officer it was clear that the victim was resisting arrest.  And they were watching the same video at the same time.  Not that I think it excuses the cop, but it was an interesting thing to consider.

There was an interesting NPR piece back when this was happening when one of the correspondents sat down with her friend, who was a female police officer, to watch the tape of that incident.  To the correspondent it was painfully obvious that the cop there was choking an innocent man to death, but to the female police officer it was clear that the victim was resisting arrest.  And they were watching the same video at the same time.  Not that I think it excuses the cop, but it was an interesting thing to consider.

It is a combination of the "right" mentality in applicants plus the training process. Has to be.

And one is trained to kill without hesitation when they damnwell feel like it. The other is trained to write.

A rash assumption on both parts.

Though admittedly, a police officer spends a lot of time learning how to properly fill out reports.