[Police brutality] American injustice, yet again.

Ragitsu

If he had killed someone's pet, he would've got off with a slap on the wrist; if even that much.

Quite a few canines get killed in bogus or poorly executed drug raids.

I can sort of understand why - some of the time - but that just goes to show that those drug raids shouldn't have happened in the first place!

It's also possible they're just scumbags who get off on killing defenseless pets, laughing in the face of devastated pet owners who had to watch helplessly as the life of their beloved animal companion was taken right in front of them, and knowing they'll never be brought up on charges for it. But don't worry, an ever ravenous pack of demon hounds await such miscreants in Hell. When those so-called "police officers" shuffle off their mortal coils, they can look forward to a painful eternity of their souls (or what laughably passes for such) being ripped, shredded, and torn into little pieces; over, and over, and over again. Because that's what Hell is all about: repetition.

It's also possible they're just scumbags who get off on killing defenseless pets, laughing in the face of devastated pet owners who had to watch helplessly as the life of their beloved animal companion was taken right in front of them, and knowing they'll never be brought up on charges for it. But don't worry, an ever ravenous pack of demon hounds await such miscreants in Hell. When those so-called "police officers" shuffle off their mortal coils, they can look forward to a painful eternity of their souls (or what laughably passes for such) being ripped, shredded, and torn into little pieces; over, and over, and over again. Because that's what Hell is all about: repetition.

Sounds appropriate.  

Properly placed re-incarnation could work well too.            

Or:      I remember a story where those in hell experienced the hell they inflicted on their victims in life.  Over and Over and Over and Over...

In addition to body cameras, I find myself of the opinion that cops should have a remote-triggerable high-voltage device implanted in their rectums. First time they commit so much as a tiny abuse their authority, they get 10,000,000 volts up the ass.

I'd settle for basic accountability in the courts. However, if you have a newsletter, I'd like to subscribe.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got up to speed on the story. The lack of record-keeping and accountability is frightening :fear: .

Also, it seems EXTREMELY unlikely that she would just up and kill herself, given what we (currently, at least) know about her personal life and personality.

So Sandra Bland hung herself with a garbage bag in a jail cell after I assume most of her personal belongings had been docked for evidence. Where did she get the bag? Did the police give her the bag? I assume it was a big bag and not a little bag to hold her weight. I guess it's too much to ask if anyone superglued it for fingerprints. 

CES 

I finally got up to speed on the story. The lack of record-keeping and accountability is frightening :fear: .

Also, it seems EXTREMELY unlikely that she would just up and kill herself, given what we (currently, at least) know about her personal life and personality.

apparently she stated some months ago that she had mild depression and PTSD, but still...   

I have my doubts. 

The spokesman said there would be no interview and sent this statement: “This is a personnel matter that would be inappropriate to address through the media, though the allegations are baseless and without merit. IPRA is committed to conducting fair, unbiased, objective, thorough and timely investigations of allegations of police misconduct and officer-involved shootings.”

For someone who doesn't believe the media shouldn't handle this, they certain have no problem with spoon feeding it their narrative of choice.

What kills me is that Davis has almost thirty years as a supervisor/investigator of some capacity and all of his reviews until his last one were team player/good guy/smart as hell. It makes it look like someone told Ando to change the reports and he went along with but Davis said no. The only people who has the ability to tell Ando to change the reports is the mayors office.

This is looking like the bridge thing with Chris Christie.

CES