Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

A friend of mine recommended this youtube essay about why Russia's military has done so badly in Ukraine. I guess the presenter "Perun" started by commenting on wargames, but since the Ukraine war began he's used his knowledge of RL military matters to offer his own take. This installment deals with the corrosive effect of Russia's culture of vranyo, a particular form of lying. He seems fairly careful in his research -- and his analysis explains a lot. It's an hour long, but worth it.

Related (and in fact an earlier installment -- Perun's doing a series) about corruption.

Dean Shomshak

Got into an argument over the student debt relief act. I don't understand why my coworkers are so I am going to say trumpy. It's a law according to the search of laws I did, not an executive order. It's not unconstitutional yet because it hasn't been put before the supreme court yet. It hasn't got out of the regular court yet. I don't understand why I have to prove something when 10 million news channels are going over this for me.

CES