With apologies to Cassandra

Nothere

Going back over some old posts, and reread How to Golden Age. It's great you should buy a copy now:) Anyway one of the last post was Cassandra giving a large chunk of her ideas for a generic Golden age/ Republic serial villain. And though no one can top her at the generic character sheet, I figured I'd steal her post and try my hand at completeing the character. So here is

The Generic Golden Age/ Serial masked villain

13 str 3

18 dex 24

13 con 6

13 body 6

18 int 8

18 ego 16

14 com 2

10 pd 7

10 ed 7

4 spd 12

6 rec

26 end

27 stun

10 run 8

2 swim

Stats 99

3 Burecratics

3 High Society

3 Persuasion

3 Conversation

3 Streetwise

3 Mechanics

3 Electronics

2 ks Criminal underworld

2 ks Scientific community

2 Ps Buisnessman

20 Thugs 4 50 point + disad followers

13 Henchman 1 75 point +disad follower

50 vvp Devices oif-1/2 only change between adventures -1/2 (40) control cost (20)

27 Signature device oif -1/2 (40)

5 wealth

Powers and skills 142

Total 241

15 Secret Id

20 Hunted Police (Mp, nci, 8-)

20 Hunted Heroes (ap,11-)

15 psyche power mad (C,s)

10 psyche Vengeful (c,m)

As it was a Golden Age/ Serial villain I debated trying to stick to 200 points or going to 250, so I split the middle. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The villain should be strong enough to life the heroine and put her in a death trap.

All villains have a sidekick who command and recruits the various minions, especially if the villain's identity is a secret.

Many times the villain will be the member of a group the hero reports to, or evil has replaced an authority figure and keeping the real person hostage.

Even if the master villain is not of another race, he might be cursed with an extremely descripted and unfortunate personal name. For example: Bention DeArk, Reginald Wicked, Stanley Sinister, Sinistra Killjoy (the last one, Sinistra, is female. Not all serial villains need to be male.)

he might be cursed with an extremely descripted and unfortunate personal name. For example: Bention DeArk, Reginald Wicked, Stanley Sinister, Sinistra Killjoy (the last one, Sinistra, is female. Not all serial villains need to be male.)

Vendetta DeVane (also female)

Based on the very charming, unfortunately-named young lady who sold me a suit coat twenty-odd years ago. I don't remember her last name, but her first name, proudly portrayed on her name tag, was "Vendetta." I wasn't rude (I hope), but she caught my eyes bugging out when I noticed it. Very casually, she replied with "my mother thinks it means 'promise.'"

She seemed fine with it, in spite of my (hopefully) hidden pity for her childhood, but I was inspired: I knew I had the perfect name for my next Pulp Mastermind. :D

I've seen many worse names. Including a "Jock Overfelt"  which sounds like the name of a serial criminal who specializes in indecent exposure and lewd behavior.

Edit: Actually Vendetta, wouldn't be THAT bad a name for a kid.  (not good, but not horrible).  Though, her teenage years might result in boys being running for their lives avoiding dating her. :fear:

• 11 months later...

Vendetta DeVane (also female)

Based on the very charming, unfortunately-named young lady who sold me a suit coat twenty-odd years ago. I don't remember her last name, but her first name, proudly portrayed on her name tag, was "Vendetta." I wasn't rude (I hope), but she caught my eyes bugging out when I noticed it. Very casually, she replied with "my mother thinks it means 'promise.'"

Well, it does--sort of.  It's a way of saying, "I promise I will KILL YOU!"

Hope that helps.  :snicker: