Attention, All Alliterationists!

BoloOfEarth

In my Champions campaign, I have a news sheet I put out each week - the Hero.Net Herald.  It's something to recap the prior adventure, maybe tie up some loose ends, and also introduce news related to the current adventure.  Often, there's an article to either foreshadow coming events or is simply filler to amuse or pique the players' interest.

This week, however, I'd like to replace the Hero.Net Herald with a news sheet written from the bad guys' perspective.  I'm thinking of calling it the Villain.Net (something), but I can't decide on a decent (something).

Being a fan of alliteration, I'd like the (something) to start with a "V".  But what word to use?  Victory?  Vigil?  Or is there something that would go well with Villain.Net but isn't alliterative?

I'm sure there's something better out there I can use, and I figured that Herodom Assembled could probably provide that something better.

The Villain.net Voice

The Villain.net Vanisher ("Get your copy before we disappear again!")

The Villain.net Vanguard

The Villain.net Vice Report ("If it's wicked, we write about it")

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary paper

I like the tag lines.  The Hero.Net Herald says, "Serving the Metahuman Community since 1995."  So I definitely need one for the villain paper.

Thus far, I'm leaning toward the Villain.Net Voice, modifying your last tag line to:  "If it's wicked, we're talking about it."

But I'm still open for other suggestions.

The Villain.net Verifier ("Get the facts behind the 'hero's' hype")

The Villain.net Vanquisher ("Crushing the opposition since 1996")

There is a local paper around here with the tagline "A paper with a purpose." The purpose seems to be to publicize every last bingo game in central Indiana....

Lucius Alexander

My taglines always have palindromedaries

I would love to see the discussions that take place in the letters to the editor section.

"Dear Vile Daily,

Last week I wrote that Dr. Destroyer was an out of touch individual sporting a ridiculous suit of armor, and that his plots for world domination and or destruction were derivative and infantile.

I would like to retract that statement. Dr. Destroyer's relevance to our community, world, and multiverse is both essential to it, and greater than the sum of its parts.

Further, I beg of the good doctor to return my family, my villain team, and my combat cycle to me. I know that he is a merciful god, and hope only the best in his attempts to destroy all.

Sincerely,

Killcount Grimdark"

'Villain Vignette', from the really old word Vignette:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignette

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignette_(literature)

"In a novel, theatrical script, screenplay, sketch stories, and poetry, a vignette is a short impressionistic scene that focuses on one moment or character and gives a trenchant impression about that character, an idea, setting, and/or object.[1] It's a short, descriptive passage that's more about evoking meaning through imagery than it is about plot.[2][3]

A blog or web series can also provide a form of vignette or be presented as a series of vignettes.[4] An example of this is the critically acclaimed web series High Maintenance, which presents a different set of characters in each episode, focusing intensely on their specific traits, ideas, and worlds.[5][6][7][8]

Vignettes are more commonly used and have been particularly influential in the development of the contemporary notions of a scene as shown in postmodern theater, film and television, where less emphasis is placed on adhering to the conventions of traditional structure and story development. It is also a part of something bigger than itself: for example, a vignette about a house belonging to a collection of vignettes or a whole story, such as The House On Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros.[9]"

Of course that asumes the Villains are actually up-front about them being villains in the first place.

There is also the Webcomic "Henchmen for Hire", a perfect alitteration.

In my Champions campaign, I have a news sheet I put out each week - the Hero.Net Herald.  It's something to recap the prior adventure, maybe tie up some loose ends, and also introduce news related to the current adventure.  Often, there's an article to either foreshadow coming events or is simply filler to amuse or pique the players' interest.

This week, however, I'd like to replace the Hero.Net Herald with a news sheet written from the bad guys' perspective.  I'm thinking of calling it the Villain.Net (something), but I can't decide on a decent (something).

Being a fan of alliteration, I'd like the (something) to start with a "V".  But what word to use?  Victory?  Vigil?  Or is there something that would go well with Villain.Net but isn't alliterative?

I'm sure there's something better out there I can use, and I figured that Herodom Assembled could probably provide that something better.

Vanquishing Visions: The journal of mad science, and alternate lifestyle...