2017-18 NFL Thread

Pariah

I actually feel as though the Browns' failures are a result of execution rather than stupidity.  I can't even fault them for trading down from Wentz, really.  They've amassed a huge amount of draft capital, which they ought to be doing, and they have some excellent players on both sides of the ball.  Where they fall down is in developing QBs and in getting rid of their loser attitude.

No, stupid is the Derps, who just fired a pretty good coach so that they could bring in the coach they traded away fifteen years ago and who hasn't coached for a decade.  While they relocate to Vegas.  What could go wrong?

This bit from a Yahoo! Sports article pretty much sums it up for the Doneys in 2017:

The offense sputtered behind the turnstile trio of QBs Trevor Siemian, Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch, who combined for 19 TD throws, 22 interceptions and none of them topped Tim Tebow's career passer rating of 75.3.

Ouch.

12 minutes ago, Old Man said:

No, stupid is the Derps, who just fired a pretty good coach so that they could bring in the coach they traded away fifteen years ago and who hasn't coached for a decade.  While they relocate to Vegas.  What could go wrong?

If you've hated watched the Raiders for as long as I have, you know that this is Standard Operating Procedure for the Davis family.

35 minutes ago, Pariah said:

This bit from a Yahoo! Sports article pretty much sums it up for the Doneys in 2017:

((no one topped Tebow's 75.3 passer rating))

Ouch.

There's a fanpost out there that says that the Squawks in 2017 had exactly zero net rushing yards from inside the opponents' ten-yard line.

Talk about ouch.

5 hours ago, Old Man said:

5 hours ago, Pariah said:

If you've hated watched the Raiders for as long as I have, you know that this is Standard Operating Procedure for the Davis family.

And they have to play in Oakland one more season while the Vegas stadium gets finished. How do they still have fans anywhere?

As I said earlier, Patriots shouldn't have traded Garopollo, now I think this is the last year for Brady/Belichick together.  Thank you Robert Kraft...thank you!

http://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle