A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

"(The Hollywood Left) are not the type of people you would want next to you in a bunker during war. That said: These are the people more than some of us don't mind watching partially nude on pay cable. So we must somehow learn to live with one another again."

-Andrew Breitbart, National Review Online

Guest Skaramine

I need to teach my mother the meaning of sarcasm. It is so not irritation.

Or I need to instruct her on how to get whacked by a baseball bat. Depends on which is easier.

Guest Skaramine

I must be plugged into something tonight.

This afternoon, I assigned the team of heroes in my Stony Man book the SIG Sauer P229 DAK in 9mm Parabellum.

I had made a copy because the Coast Guard a while ago picked up the .40 S&W version as their preferred sidearm, since they'll be working with US Law Enforcement.

So, I go to Bejeweled, my version of "heads or tails" and played to see which caliber my toy P229's would be, .40 S&W, .357 SIG or 9mm Parabellum.

For .40 S&W, I got a score of 18,760 points. You just can't expect to beat that - there are times when you score only 260 points in Bejeweled before the puzzle is unsolvable.

Then for the .357 SIG, I scored 13,080. I knew the randomness of Bejeweled would make it impossible for the 9mm to score high enough to even matter, and resigned myself to a .40 Smith with a flashlight.

Then I scored 29,835 points for the 9mm Parabellum. In standard game. Not time trial.

I think a 9mm SIG Sauer P229 DAK with light rail should be my first choice for a handgun if I should ever buy a real one.

Guest Skaramine

This Monday morning, on my birthday, I was awakened early by the radio. It was a repeat of a segment they'd had on Friday about a benefit for Dimebag Darrel of Damage Plan/Pantera. They were talking to Charlie Benante of Anthrax, a band that I'd been recently disappointed in because, while they'd been pretty good with songs about God and such in the past, their latest album seemed hostilely atheist.

Then I heard Charlie talking about Dimebag, and how his spirit was still with us, and he was performing on stage at an earlier tribute.

For my birthday, God gave me back my Anthrax.

I wish I were deserving of such a kind God. :(

Guest Skaramine

I'm waiting... cold and sleepy, for my Boo to come back online just so I could say good night to her.

I'm bored, halucinatory, and barefoot. And I want something deep fried... maybe a a cow injected with 50 gallons of nacho cheese...

Guest Skaramine

From SIGARMS regarding the P226RDAK and P229RDAK:

Classic Full Size P226R DAK

On Tuesday, August 24, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security notified SIGARMS that it had been awarded a five-year contract for 65,000 pistols valued at $23.7 million. The contract is for the P226R-DAK, P229R-DAK and the P239-DAO in 9mm and 40 S&W.

The P226R-DAK offers law enforcement officers a choice in firepower from 9mm to 357 SIG and 40 S&W, the tactical versatility of the M1913 Picatinny rail, the safety of double-action only and the unbeatable performance that only comes from SIG SAUER.

Developed by the renowned engineers at Sauer for the SIG SAUER pistols, the new DAK trigger system delivers a safe, reliable and consistent 6.5 pound double-action only trigger pull. The DAK is currently available for the P226 and P229 models. (above shown with night sights)

Smooth, consistent 6.5 pound double-action trigger

Multi-strike capability w/o pre-tensioning or pre-stressing internal firing mechanism

Remains in condition of rest w/o placing the mainspring or firing pin spring under tension

Slide must be locked back and magazine removed to disassemble

Safely disassembles without having to pull the trigger

This will be the Glock killer.

Guest Skaramine

Re: I will not make bad polish jokes. I will not make bad polish jokes. I will not...

A gentle reminder to all llamas who've been owned in other threads -

Please reply to posts in this thread in Musings on Random Musings...