A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

It's really interesting in playing in a Teen Champions campaign to think about how one would react with that character as an immature (or at least partially so, like nearly everyone at that age) teen who's not remotely a hero yet. You end up having to do things or not do things that you normally don't do with characters, including willful (to the player, not the character) mistakes in much greater quantity and impact than one typically would with mature/older characters (although of course that always happens with regular adult supers, but the bar is definitely higher).

PS - at the same time, you want to avoid being stereotypical or "thinking down" to the character

When sending issues over to dispatch we write "Not Problem - needs tech" after they send it to us to check.... well, they should know better on some things like the one I got where I thought "Bad Monkey, wrong department" and wrote in the comments "Bad Monkey - Needs Tech"

....yep, it's Monday.

"According to Cocteau's plan, I'm the enemy, because I like to think. I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbeque ribs with a side order of gravy fries? I want high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese. I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I wanna run through the streets naked with green jello all over my body reading Playboy Magazine. Why? Because I might suddenly feel the need to, okay, pal? I've seen the future, know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas drinking a banana-broccoli shake singing "I'm an Oscar Mayer wiener." You live up top, you live Cocteau's way. What he wants, when he wants, how he wants. Your other choice? Come down here, maybe starve to death."

-"Edgar Friendly"/Denis Leary, Demolition Man

My Best Friend's baby sister is kinda hot.

Happy Birthday John. (my best friend's little brother)

and Belated HERO board Happy Birthday Bill. (and his daughter Alicia born the same day 26 years apart)

Should I buy a nicer microwave to replace the crappy one my mom gave me when I had to move out?

So, apparently my sister got fired Monday.

My Mom told me about it. Natalie has been working as a front desk clerk at The Venetian for something like 5 years now (since they opened) and apparently the company's rationale is that she was letting too many people into the "high-end" suites when regular rooms were booked up, this despite the fact that those suites would have gone unoccupied otherwise, this despite the fact that Las Vegas traditionally understands the concept of a "loss leader" when enticing gamblers, and despite the fact that the Venetian is not exactly hurting for money.

So either they were looking for an excuse to fire her, or they're so stuck on the bottom line that they can't cut a break to someone who was trying to give their customers a break (possibly resulting in repeat customers). Either way, it's not a company I would work for- or advise others to work for.

JG

I had no intention of writing this paper. It's a terrible assignment, not worth a lot of points, for an online course I'm not interested in. Then the prof writes me an email asking if I'd done the paper.

Crap.

So now i'm writing this paper. It's a terrible assignment, not worth a lot of points, for an online course I'm not interested in. But I can't skip it now. If I was just another faceless nonentity, it wouldn't matter. Since she took the time to contact me, I'm not as anonymous as I thought.

Crap.

So this week is beginning to look like "Chad Sucks at his Job" week. I made six phone calls today that were nothing but apologies.

"I'm sorry I promised to call you back yesterday but I forgot. Here is the information you wanted."

"I'm sorry I messed up that deposit for you. I have corrected any overdraft activity on your account and the funds will be returned tomorrow morning."

"I'm sorry I misread your account number this morning. I've correct the transaction. Thanks for calling me abou the issue."

"I'm sorry to bother you, but I messed up one of your account's deposit yesterday and it caused her to be overdrawn. It was a bank error and I was hoping you'd let me refund the overdraft charges for her."

"I'm sorry I didn't get your email until after noon. Can I get that information to you tomorrow?"

"I'm sorry I didn't emal you all last week. It's option 2 I love you and its weird." :) This last one is to a friend in the company who emailed to ask me if I hadn't been emailing her because a) I hated her and I no longer wished to talk to her or B) I secretly loved her and it was too weird.

Sheesh.

Only three days left!

I do remember one thing.

It took hours and hours but..

by the time I was done with it,

I was so involved, I didn't know what to think.

I carried it around with me for days and days..

playing little games

like not looking at it for a whole day

and then.. looking at it.

to see if I still liked it.

I did

I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress

I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress

I repeat-

The more I look at it,

the more I like it.

I do think it's good.

The fact is..

no matter how closely I study it,

no matter how I take it apart,

no matter how I break it down,

It remains consistent.

I wish you were here to see it

I like it!

I hate it when I email someone to indicate they've reached the wrong address or tell someone on the phone they dialed the wrong number and get no response. A simple "thanks' or "sorry to bother you" would be nice. Hanigng up or not acknowledging, especially when the other person has done it multiple times, is rude.

My first PC, the Urban Druid, had a hatred of rudeness and coarseness. I made him a villain later on, going over the top with his attitudes on such. Sometimes I wish I were the Urban Druid. But I wouldn't go evil. No, really...

A recent Spam

Subject: Of fly cannibalism

receive this communication. Still more so, by its contents. Still if it were all Jorkinss doing - and handed it back to Tiffey with scrutiny of me. I perceived, for the first time, the dark You will wait and seepapa, said Agnes, cheerfully, and pass the

The recent thread on "using villains' Psych Lims" is the first time I have ever unsubcribed from a thread here. Owie.

In other news, my department is switching all the seating arrangements on Friday, so I'll have to delete my work playlist and start again from scratch on the new computer.