A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

By the way, and just as an aside, did you know that if you regularly play Sims2, you do strange things with your sims? I mean strange like green skin with blue scales, and bald, and naming them Will Zornish...

Of course, the alien babies are kinda cute too... Will Zornish has a wee girl child with alien eyes and no hair yet. She'll grow up soon.

Dang, I'm peculiar.

My music library continues to surprise me... mostly, my wife's contribution to said library.

For example I have Da'Dip (Freak Nasty) in the Library... a song I would never in a million years think I would manage to find it's way into my collection.

Spam Theatre

Titled "Fork Install"

moratorium psychotic of honorably koala the rip an wallet, heckle, of extremities

ladybug air raid preparedness. but netting indebted expiration of disrespectfully memento the self-restraint, circuit and rotunda scene, saving cap

overhand with as vehemently orgy hulk dicey of netting of by northern lights profusion background hyphenate, outgrowth, recreational bargain. squirm

fixed, in lottery, it... badmouth an judiciary uninhibited dither in catch phrase linear of conspirator, buffoon the future tense tightness bureau of arrival are mural of was geographer nervous breakdown. price a the to fat but solitary ache as

Re: Spam Theatre

This week, I bought a Washer & Dryer.

Monday, picked it up at Lowe's in St. George. Salesman helps me load everything onto the truck. I tie down the pedastal boxes. Didn't tie down the washer or dryer.

About an hour later about 1/2 way back to Kanab, a big car carrier passes by going the opposite direction on the two lane highway. We're both going around 70. The wind of the truck going by sucks the dryer right out of the bed. I notice the sudden view opened up by the lack of dryer in my rear view and then see the dryer crash down in the center of the road. It cartwheels merrily as I pull over. Thankfully, it didn't land on anyone and no other car hit it. I drag it over to the side of the road, then back my pickup over to it, load the now 6" shorter dryer back in. The front control panel was broken off. Styrofoam was all over the road. With some body work, the dryer may still of worked...

So we drive the rest of the way home. When I get home, I call Lowe's and explain what happened and do they have another dryer. I didn't know at the time I was talking to the store manager and he tells me "Bring the other one back and we'll exchange it." So I'm pretty happy with Lowe's now.

The next day, I bring the crushed one back and get another. This one gets strapped in and I get home and do much laundry.

"(The case of Tulia, Texas) demands our attention not because the events there were so unusual but because they dramatically illustrate the injustices routinely inflicted by the war on drugs, which results in 1.7 million arrests a year and keeps half a million Americans behind bars for failing to comply with an arbitrary set of pharmacological preferences.

"...Police do not commit murder to prevent murder; they do not steal to prevent theft; but they do buy drugs to prevent people from buying drugs, a situation that puts them above the law and encourages corner cutting."

-Jacob Sullum, Reason May 2006