A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

there's no star so has-been, no book series so out-of-print,

no movie so passed over, no rock group so broke up,

no historical period so minute, that it can't have a hard-core, true-believer, die-hard fan club still a going concern.

example

nothing against the VP, I luvem, but its an example

Andrew Sullivan, May 17, 2006:

"At CATO, when Bruce Bartlett and I let rip on Bush's betrayal of anything faintly resembling the conservatism we knew from the recent past, I noticed the absence of real dissent in a roomful of right-wingers. Fear and loyalty kept up the pretense for a while; and a hatred of the president's enemies. When all else failed, some resorted to glib avoidance. But in the end, reality does indeed undermine even the most rigid of ideologies. And when reality wins, real conservatives cheer."

Why is it that people tolerate hospital waiting lists?

Why is it also that we as a community of people put pressure on the government to eliminate this problem by hiring more doctors, nurses etc and putting more health infrastructure in place?

Yes it costs money; remind me again why we pay taxes? What about Treasury's budgets? Why doesn't government expenditure goes towards this goal.

So why do we as a community tolerate a substandard health system and hospital waiting lists?

In my opinion the government has broken its "social contract".

I find it amusing that some people feel far more supirour to you because they can get away with wearing jeans more than the allowed one time per week. I also find it amusing when that same person gives you the once over, in a "Why the hell are you wearing jeans" kind of way when you show up in jeans (because your boss said to wear them).

All the way around, my job amuses me some days.

Hollywood has bought up the film rights to a magazine article appearing in Esquire (IIRC) about the Beslan tragedy when Chechen terrorists took Russian kids hostage on the first day of school in 2004. It ended with over 300 dead.

A quote states and I paraphrase 'This is crying out for a film'.

I disagree.

I got this from the BBC website if anyone wants the reference.