A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I have now, in my lifetime, read two firsthand accounts of receiving an abortion. The first made it sound painful; the second made it sound terrifying.

Neither have convinced me that this is a path I could EVER take with my own reproduction. Quite the opposite.

I'm not sure that's what they intended with their narratives.

Enforcer84 is a nice guy.

Not so random anymore, huh?!?!?!

So now your post has no place in this thread! Soon my master plan will come to fruition, and I alone will be able to post random thoughts!

Mu-ahhahahhahahaha!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!

I love my boss. First, she came to work hungover. Then, we're watching the VP hook his boat up to his RV/tour bus. Why? Cause we were ready for him to finally leave. Anyway. The customer service rep (whose a major *** kisser and will do anything for him, and I mean anything) was out there with him. She stepped into his RV and came back out holding his cat. My boss quips "Oh look. She's holding his *****." I just about died laughing.

Too funny.

Why can't I have unmitigated enjoyment of anything? Why do I have to turn it into something stressful, doing too much? Oh, well, it'll all be fun when the event itself starts. It's just all the wind-up and prep, grrrrrrrrrr - like a madman the last 24 hours trying to get ready for KublaCon.

One of the strange things that happens in parenthood is that at some point your kids look up to you, and when and how that comes about may come as a distinct shock.

Recently, my 3rd-grade daughter chose to do a report (a major assignment) on Germany, largely because of my stories from when I was a kid and we lived there. And my 5th-grade son, given the assingment of writing a report on an American inventor (with the constraint that the school library had something on hand about the person) chose Benjamin Banneker, largely because he is billed as an astronomer and mathematician (I'm not a mathematician, but in my house that's among my niches).

So, I gave my daughter permission to include in her report that I peed on the Berlin Wall while it was up, and I helped my son understand what an almanac is and what you do to predict eclipses.