A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

THINGS I HAVE LEARNED FROM 20+ YEARS OF TEACHING:

When going to the restroom immediately after lecture, wash your hands first to get the chalk dust off of them before going to the head itself. This is critically important when you are wearing navy blue slacks.

"In the Desert"

In the desert

I saw a creature, naked, bestial,

Who, squatting upon the ground,

Held his heart in his hands,

And ate of it.

I said: "Is it good, friend?"

"It is bitter-bitter," he answered;

"But I like it

Because it is bitter,

And because it is my heart."

- Stephen Crane

I had a casual (like 5-10 minutes, general stuff) palm reading by a friend of a friend. As I understand it from the person who knows the palm reader, it's not a "cold reading" thing, he's not judging reactions and going from there, rather he does follow a specific method. It was accurate, although of course these things can be general enough. Still, some things made sense and were related to how one holds one hands and reacts to touch, so some degree is behavioral, and sensible enough. Another part is the whole reading line things, though the very interesting thing was that without knowing anything about me the palm reading was (actually, not almost, so editing the word "almost" out) exactly like my Meyers-Briggs results, to the degree it overlapped.

I morally object to Jimmy Carter being free

Carter says::

A) he "knows" the Bush admin tortures people, and

B) this is the "first time" in Carter's "lifetime" that this has happened from an American government. From http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7008788914

I'm sorry, but I flat-out KNOW the guy supported the Shah of Iran and I KNOW that he KNEW they tortured.

Screw the f**ker. Carter should rot in hell for his playing politics and pretending he's better than any other leader. I'm not joking about this. He is a total hypocrite, and should suffer for it, given that a public admission to his own culpability wouldn't actually hurt him so much as admit to the complexity of the issue, and he should fess up to it. Screw him, really, and totally. I have zero, no, less than zero, respect for him n. It's worse than ever - he was NEVER a true "human rights" president, and I "knew" that even in 1979 MORE than he "knows" about the Bush administration now. Really, the man is completely and totally despicable, craven even, for playing politics with this now when he himself knows what occurred prior to Bush. In this statement, he as completely and totally abused the public's trust, and I am completely convinced knowingly so, which is what makes it so bad. If he were at least admitting he had done almost the same himself (I'll allow that PERHAPS the same did not happen DIRECTLY under his administraton), I'd have some real respect . He's an utter bastard, and nothing less, for playing politics now, as an "elder statesman", with this. If he were an active POLITICIAN, I'd understand. Screw him, I'm done with the last minor ounce of respect I had for his ATTEMPT at redemption for being the absolute worst president of my lifetime. Of all people I know, including myself, his hypocrisy is appalling as at the least his own admission, easy to come by, would help, yet he cloaks himself in his current guise of a "statesman" - a statesman who set everyone up for a NON-solution with North Korea. I hope he rots in the history books as the 3rd-5th worst president and as a plain bad person (the latter of which I didn't wish upon him until this hypocritical fit, the utter bastard). Let he who hasn't cast a stone expend the first one. Jimmy Carter is even worse than I imagined. .I would support the Bush administration imprisoning him (not killing him).

It's amazing how much more you enjoy work when you put in your 2 week notice.

Lemme tell you about a job I enjoyed…the one I was fired from.

I worked as a security guard/dispatcher. First they fired me. Then they tried to block my unemployment. Then, a couple of weeks after firing me, they ask me to come back at least as a part time guard. Which means now I get the back unemployment pay, since that blew a big obvious hole in their contention that they had fired me for just cause. But the part I love remembering is walking back in to take them up on the offer, and seeing the organization’s number three person sitting at the dispatcher’s desk, doing the dispatcher’s job. The first words I spoke were “What did you do? Fire one too many dispatchers?”

I had already lined up a better job, but I continued to work for them on weekends for a couple more years. I did my job, and they didn’t give me (much) trouble – what were they going to do, fire me again?

I love my job.

I love Keyes Bill’s job.

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Enterprises

I feel like I have ADHD. I can't concentrate on anything. I don't have any projects at work that I can sink my teeth into thanks to a clueless administration.

If I do stop I start thinking about things I don't want to think about. As an ominous coincidence, my supervisor just had to pull the plug on her stroke crippled mother in law. Another friend had her father die quite suddenly and unexpectedly a few days ago. Damn coincidences.

I was spending a lot of time focusing on the upcoming NaNo event, but now even that doesn't occupy me for more than a few minutes.

L. Marcus lay of the D&D product line dreams, will ya. The state I was in last night, being forced to come up with a name for a adventure module, and then whist sleeping being forced to name a D&D product line was killing me. Please stop, for my sanity.

Two days ago around lunchtime I didn't feel very well. It turns out that I have a cold/flu. Yesterday my day consisted on 1) wake up and take mediciene 2) do something positive, get out of the house and go to the movies (had more medicine before going out) 3) have an afternoon sleep, 4) watch movie on tv Son of the Mask, and Batman Begins. BB finished at 12:30. At 10pm I have more medicine (should have had it around 6, I woke up from my seista at 5:45pm)

Last night I went to bed around 1:30, 15 mins before I cough lots and spew. Wake up at 3-4 (I forget what time it was) and had a cold & flu capsule for nighttime. Today, woke up ay 6:45am and went back to sleep at 7am. Woke up again at 9am dozed until 9:15 am, had breakfast at 9:30am and it took 20 minutes longer than usual, finsihed at 10:00am. The time now is 10:50 and I feel slightly woozy, have a headache and it feels like my right forearm, like my forehead has a fever. :nonp: (Mum called it a "hot spot")

Hopefully today goes better than yesterday, I feel like I don't have any energy, and feel lethargic. The basic movements eg walking or moving my limbs are slowed.