A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

If a thousand people each owe me a million dollars, that doesn't make me a billionaire, any more than my ability to drink a gallon of water a day for ten thousand days makes me a swimming pool.

The unspeakably venal and foolish notion that the simple fact of being a creditor equated to wealth and profitability has to be the single dumbest thing to happen in economic history, and it's going to bite every last one of our developed asses all over every developed nation. Narratio can go his in-laws and hide out while the rest of us figure out that every one of our global financial institutions has been involved in a Ponzi scheme, and there's really only about three hundred bucks between the lot of us.

Well, I'm not sure if it is a glitch or if I just can't see mine. But since the calendar is disabled I don't know why its not showing today is my birthday. I got an email from the Hero Games Message Boards congratulating me and everything.

Oh and Happy Birthday to Fry Daddy and Krazydave as well.

You know...if this is what i have to look forward to every time we want to have another gamer baby, this may be the only one we have. The back pains, contractions, upset stomach, and exhaustedness is making me nuts.

About the only thing that'll make it all go away is going into active labor (where contractions are 5 minutes or less apart or last a really long time)...and pop this gamer out. :P

Like I've said my whole pregnancy...he's stubborn just like his dad. :D

Ah yes, university IT bureaucracy. Policies get laid down by a some Wonk On High, and never mind that in practice those work out to being equivalent to requiring that you call the helpdesk to send an attendant to undo your fly and wipe your anus every time you use the restrooom. Now, this might well be true for the Wonk On High, but said Wonk On High ought to recognize that it is required in the nature of universities to have people with a bit more technical competence than him.

Top ten "Rep the person above" participants, with number of participations:

Edsel 564

Mightybec 481

death tribble 363

Bazza 278

tkdguy 275

Susano 215

Hyper-Man 175

NightStick 142

James Gillen 120

assault 107

Top ten rep rankings:

Susano

Death Tribble

Bazza

Edsel

tkdguy

Hyper-Man

L. Marcus

Klytus

Hermit

OzMike

Sticker on keyboard of my workstation, which had been rebooted and my password reset without notifying me: "For assistance please email helpdesk@.org".

Good thing it wasn't after hours. I'd've been s.o.l. until I could talk ftf to someone who could send that email for me.

BOOYAH!!!

I just did the 'impossible' at work! We requested a small feature from a company that hosts our catalog search, and they said "Sorry, that's impossible." Now, we know other libraries that have this feature active, so we know they're lying. Lazy or stupid, it doesn't matter, because I just figured it out! Me! i'm not a coder, but I solved this one! I am en fuego!! :rockon:

*happy dance*

Mini trip report from my mini-vacation to Santa Fe / Albuqerque:

Days away: 6

Miles driven: ~500

Fun had: Lots!

Meals eaten in NM: 14

Meals eaten involving chile (red or green): 10 :thumbup:

Games played: 1 :(

Games reminisced about: Lost count. :)

Friends seen: 13 (plus another 20 or so work friends from the meeting I was attending)

# of times we've visited NM in the 3 years since moving to Denver: 6

NM Friends who complained we don't visit enough: 8

# of times those friends have visited us in Denver (average): 0.6 :mad:

Mini trip report from my mini-vacation to Santa Fe / Albuqerque:

Days away: 6

Miles driven: ~500

Fun had: Lots!

Meals eaten in NM: 14

Meals eaten involving chile (red or green): 10 :thumbup:

Games played: 1 :(

Games reminisced about: Lost count. :)

Friends seen: 13 (plus another 20 or so work friends from the meeting I was attending)

# of times we've visited NM in the 3 years since moving to Denver: 6

NM Friends who complained we don't visit enough: 8

# of times those friends have visited us in Denver (average): 0.6 :mad:

Chance to post at HGD: Priceless