A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

My business partner/ best friend and I just mostly finished our second Faerie Warrior Princess Barbie.

Forging their weapons was the hard part.

Pictures will most likely follow, once I get the camera able to download again.

This is strangely satisfying, and well worth the various nicks, cuts, burns, pokes and other minor annoyances.

Memo to nonscience students:

You probably hope that your instructor does not take literally your t-shirt that says "pwn n00bs" that you've worn to the first session of the lab course. The amusement he gains from this is on more levels than you want to think about.

You know what throws me off? Cartoon terrain. All cartoons have the same terrain. GI Joe, Transformers, Robotech, Pokemon, Samurai Champloo--every one of them takes place in a mostly barren wasteland of dirt and rock formations, without even a weed in sight. Once in a while, for a change of scenery, an episode will occur in a forest in the wilderness--one that's perfectly level, with trees of identical appearance and height, and no undergrowth unless they're looking for something small. Cities? Swamps? Ravines? Streams and rivers? Tall grass? Not here.

Getting what I want - turned out to be extraordinarily difficult.

Keeping it once I've got it - near as I can tell, is flatly impossible.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary tentatively suggests changing what I want.

I plan on trying to watch a different horror movie every night this month. Now, that's not entirely possible -- I'm going out tonight and tomorrow, and I've got games on Saturday and Sunday. But every night I'm available will be horror movie night. :ugly:

Today is October 4, and so far I've done Resident Evil: Extinction, Resident Evil, Re-Animator, and Dreams in the Witch-House.

Any recommendations?

I didn't sleep very well last night. That's bad.

But today is burrito bar day at work -- they brought in tortillas, eggs, potatoes, sausage, cheese, salsa, and green chili, all you can eat. That's good.

I've read somewhere that calories can substitute for sleep. That's good.

I am... not in a good place today.

Yesterday was the most frustrating meeting I've ever had, the kind that convinces you it is time to get out of this organization now. Everyone is concerned that I'm about to quit, everyone except our genuine walking Dilbert caricature of a manager. She is not only clueless, she's insane. After the meeting I spent the rest of the afternoon looking for other career opportunities.

Did I mention that Tuesday was my one year anniversary here?

Then came this morning. I was awakened by the phone, never a good sign. It was my stepmother. A terrible sign. My father fell and had an attack of aphasia. He remained frozen there on the floor for an hour waiting for her to get home. I don't know what to do. This has me genuinely scared for him for the first time in years. It could be something simple, it could be much worse.

So here I am at work actively doing nothing because my resentment for this place is still too strong, waiting to hear of anything else that might be going on with my father. Frustrated just doesn't seem to cover it.