A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

It's Saturday, I have been up for about an hour. But I've learned two things today!

1) In every state in the Union save for Alaska, the highest paid university football coach makes much more money than the governor of the state. Alaska has no college football teams.

2) Two state governors return their salary to the state; Arnold Shwarzeneggar of California (200k) and the Governor of Tennessee, Phil Bredesen (85k), and one, Jon Corzine of New Jersey earns 175k, but only accepts $1 annually.

iTunes is pretty darned inconvenient and hard to find. I went to itunes.com, that doesn't work. Ah, now it does - apparently a glitch on Apple's side (it said the page couldn't be displayed, but now it works). I noticed on Google the itunes store doesn't even come up in the top choices (apparently nobody at Apple is willing to pay Google enough for the search words). Anyway, I finally navigated Apple's annoyingly visual-heavy site to find, or think I had found, the iTunes store, only to find you can't actually even BROWSE the darn store without downloading their software. So I guess I won't browse it. Why again do people like itunes and Apple so much????????

I've had it. I'm so damn sick of this place. It's 5:30 in the morning and I'm wide awake, unable to get back to sleep because all I can think about is the nightmare that was last night and how I'm going to confront my supervisors about it today. This freaking slum library needs to change. We need solid action taken, not another damn rule which we have to catch someone violating in order to do anything about. They have no freaking idea. Or they don't care. Neither option is worth working for any longer. Screw this library. My standards for another job have just dropped considerably.

I've had it. I'm so damn sick of this place. It's 5:30 in the morning and I'm wide awake' date=' unable to get back to sleep because all I can think about is the nightmare that was last night and how I'm going to confront my supervisors about it today. This freaking slum library needs to change. We need solid action taken, not another damn rule which we have to catch someone violating in order to do anything about. They have no freaking idea. Or they don't care. Neither option is worth working for any longer. Screw this library. My standards for another job have just dropped considerably.[/quote']

Doesn't that go in The Cranky Thread ?

the 10 commandments...I've broken them all

I got a flyer from a church in the mail. I don't usually read religious junk mail, But I had some time to kill.

It was a list of the 10 commandments. It had a part where it would say.. If you've done this__________ you've broken the first commandment. and so on for all 10. I read the list and I had broken 9 out of 10. Everything except murder.

THEN It sed if you have even thought about doing them, It IS the same as breaking them.

I'm 10 for 10.

As I type this, my rep power is 2632, which is the NGC number of one of the famous star clusters in Cancer (M44, Praesepe, the Beehive).

I need to somehow contrive to get to 2682, which is the NGC number of the other (and more important :rolleyes:) famous star cluster in Cancer.

So a freind of mine and I were sitting about eating sno-balls at Faire on Saturday, and the topic came up that one can hardly swing a dead cat at Faire anymore without hitting a Capt. Jack Sparrow impersonator. This caused her to ask, "So what *does* one call a group of Capt. Jack Sparrows anyway? A pride? A herd?"

I thought for a moment...

"A stagger."

She laughed. "A Stagger of Sparrow's it is!"

My mom sold my dad's car finally, and now the buyer wants his money back, because my mom filled out the sale date and amount of sale. Which is what you are supposed to do. he just wanted a blank title so he could pay only the sales tax he wanted, when he wanted.

My mom will be picking up the car today.