2018-19 NFL Thread.

Enforcer84

1 hour ago, Cancer said:

"Why would you cut a kicker?"

More to the point, why would you cut an All-Pro punter and then let him sign with your division rival who plays in a stadium at altitude where he averages 50 yards a kick over his career?

The answer, of course, is Raiders being Raiders.

4 hours ago, Enforcer84 said:

I'm convinced the Raiders will suck as long as a Davis is in charge. Any human who has billions of dollars but goes with that hair cut is not fit to run a 50 yard dash, let alone a football team. 

Change a couple of words and the name and that could easily go into the politics thread, and be equally correct.

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

Agreed. While the Browns seem hapless and incompetent, the Raiders look like they’re almost deliberately trying to fail at top levels of the org. 

Alternatively, they might well be trying to shave payroll so they can make a big splash in free agency when they finally get the new stadium. The Rams may have been planning to do that, but the Arnold holdout forced their hands. The difference is that LA fans now know what they can expect from the Rams, while the Raiders will be a bit of enigma to football fans in Las Vegas.

(Would it be counted on their W-L record if the Raiders beat the spread?)

And for some reason inexplicable to anyone not named John Elway, the Broncos' 53-man roster includes the name 'Paxton Lynch'.

Maybe Elway is just waiting for some team to lose their starter for the season and be desperate enough to send a future seventh-round pick to get Lynch as a backup. Otherwise, I don't know why he deserves a roster spot over some of the guys who got cut (Jordan Leslie, for example).

I guess time will tell.

6 hours ago, Pariah said:

And for some reason inexplicable to anyone not named John Elway, the Broncos' 53-man roster includes the name 'Paxton Lynch'.

Maybe Elway is just waiting for some team to lose their starter for the season and be desperate enough to send a future seventh-round pick to get Lynch as a backup. Otherwise, I don't know why he deserves a roster spot over some of the guys who got cut (Jordan Leslie, for example).

I guess time will tell.

They waived him.  For Kevin Hogan?  Not sure why he doesn't just trade for Bridgewater or RG3.  You could get probably get one of them for a 3rd or 4th rounder.

On 9/2/2018 at 12:59 PM, Starlord said:

They waived him.  For Kevin Hogan?  Not sure why he doesn't just trade for Bridgewater or RG3.  You could get probably get one of them for a 3rd or 4th rounder.

If Kevin Hogan ever touches the ball this year, it'll be a sure sign that the season is gone completely off the rails for the Donkeys.

yeah, my thinking.  I can sort of understand it better if it is under a minute, the other team is deep in their own territory with no timeouts.   Then 8 yard passes will eat up too much time, but you shouldn't even think about it before the 2 minute warning at all.

Course, I remember a few years ago, the Cowboys kept losing, because despite them leading by 3 TDs at halftime, and DeMarco Murray averaging 6 yrds a carry.  They'd go out passing, throw 3 incompletions, punt, give up a TD, come back throw 3 incompletions, punt, give up TD. ABout 9 minutes into the 3rd quarter suddenly a game again.

Course, I think the very next year, Murray had his big year, so I guess they eventually learned.