2018-19 NFL Thread.

Enforcer84

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sam Darnold is holding out from the Jets over language in his rookie contract that voids his $30 million guarantee if he is ever suspended or fined for disciplinary reasons. In the contracts of the other top quarterback, the guarantee is only voidable after suspensions, not fines. If a ticky-tack fine over something relatively minor can cost you your future financial stability, that's a problem.

The Jets, and apparently only the Jets, try to have that language in all their contracts. Usually it's suspensions, over more serious offenses, that raise these issues, not fines that don't come with a suspension.

I wonder whether Johnny Manziel needs to find something else to do for a living, because I don't see much of a future for him in pro football.

His comeback attempt in the Canadian Football League has been a disaster. Yesterday he started his first pro football game in three years for the Montreal Alouettes, and promptly through two interceptions in his first four attempts. He ended the game with more tackles (two) than touchdowns (none), was picked off four times, and went 11-for-20 for only 104 yards. Montreal was beaten 50-11 by Hamilton -- the team that traded Manziel away two weeks ago.

Worst of all, the impression I got from watching the game is that the other players on the Alouettes (who are 1-6 and probably already out of the hunt for a postseason berth -- and it's hard not to make the playoffs in the nine-team league) resent Manziel. He remains an attention hog, and it doesn't look like his narcissism has gone away.

It's only one game, but the eye test says he's done.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:12 PM, Starlord said:

I agree.  We still owe them for Bieber.  :)

Well, Bieber likes to pretend he is a basketball player.  Is it wrong of me to wish he could go back to the 80s and go up against Bill Laimbeer?

Edit: Ok not good enough, I want to see in a 3v3 game against Laimbeer, Rick Mahorn, and Charles Oakley.  Am I evil?

23 hours ago, Enforcer84 said:

I like this because, sure it's years later but I still hate this man and I wasn't even a fan of any of the teams he shat on. 

There was an earlier, video made by someone else that detailed what a horrible human being he is.

Petrino is so awful it almost makes me feel bad the times I've crapped on former NBA head coach  George "I like to trash my own players on media" Karl.