Days Won

Mister E

7 hours ago, Cancer said:

You have no idea how tempting it was to downvote the above post.  ?

2 hours ago, Starlord said:

There is one dude who seems to be downvoting...its annoying because he downvotes with no explanation for his downvotingness.  if you're going to downvote...EXPLAIN your downvote.  :)

I downvoted these two posts because you were both pretty much just begging me to do so. And I am nothing if not accommodating. :thumbup:

(I'll take them off in a couple of days. If I remember. Which is a dicey proposition, given my current mental state. )

8 hours ago, Badger said:

I'm still on 5th.  *gives everyone not still on 5th ed a swirly*

I am going to asume a swirly is somewhat like a Wedgie, so I am going to defend myself.

There is one dude who seems to be downvoting...its annoying because he downvotes with no explanation for his downvotingness.  if you're going to downvote...EXPLAIN your downvote.  :)

This post sucks.

PS:  I'm explaining my downvote.

On Forums that have a dedicated Downvote Option, I use Downvotes as a way to disagree with the post without repreating the criticism others have already made/others will likely have made down below. Starting around 5-10 downvotes not getting a explanation from anyone is hard.

I've usually used 'downvotes' the way I use the 'Mad' button on the Book of Face--to express disapproval or frustration with the topic, not necessarily with the poster. I fully admit that this is a lazy shortcut, and that in both cases I should respond with something written out in carefully thought out words.

But I will also occasionally use the 'downvote' as a joke, as in the two posts above. Because I'm a snarky, ill-tempered old curmudgeon. 

23 hours ago, Badger said:

I'm still on 5th.  *gives everyone not still on 5th ed a swirly*

What about us that haven't actually gotten _up to_ 5th edition?  (Though really, I'd prefer a throat punch to a swirly, thanks. :lol:)

15 hours ago, Christopher said:

I am going to asume a swirly is somewhat like a Wedgie, so I am going to defend myself.

A swirly will make you _wish_ it was a wedgie. :lol:

If you actually don't know:

Two or three guys grab the recipient, turn him upside down, dunk his head in a toilet, and flush repeatedly.

Now, that being said, let me offer  this:

You hear tons of stories about them, about people who have given them, or gotten them---

But I can't confirm one single non-fiction instance of it conclusively.  Granted, it may be because where I spent my adolescence, a good knife was like clothes: you just didn't walk out of the house without it.

On Forums that have a dedicated Downvote Option, I use Downvotes as a way to disagree with the post without repreating the criticism others have already made/others will likely have made down below. Starting around 5-10 downvotes not getting a explanation from anyone is hard.

I've seen people do that before, on other sites.  I don't care for it personally, because there is no way to differentiate "I disagree with you" from "your comment makes me question my personal narrative and I don't like that" to "I hate you and want you to go away."

Besides, where's the joy if you're not actually both making your points and exchanging ideas?

17 hours ago, Pariah said:

I downvoted these two posts because you were both pretty much just begging me to do so. And I am nothing if not accommodating. :thumbup:

(I'll take them off in a couple of days. If I remember. Which is a dicey proposition, given my current mental state. )

Heck, I forget if I rewarded a post an hour later  (which is mostly why I don't do so too often)

2 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

What about us that haven't actually gotten _up to_ 5th edition?  (Though really, I'd prefer a throat punch to a swirly, thanks. :lol:)

Two or three guys grab the recipient, turn him upside down, dunk his head in a toilet, and flush repeatedly.

You hear tons of stories about them, about people who have given them, or gotten them---

But I can't confirm one single non-fiction instance of it conclusively.  Granted, it may be because where I spent my adolescence, a good knife was like clothes: you just didn't walk out of the house without it.

I've seen people do that before, on other sites.  I don't care for it personally, because there is no way to differentiate "I disagree with you" from "your comment makes me question my personal narrative and I don't like that" to "I hate you and want you to go away."

Besides, where's the joy if you're not actually both making your points and exchanging ideas?

Yeah, I don't think I've ever heard of a real swirly either.  Granted, if someone had done that to me in school, I'd probably would have knifed them the next day for it, back then.  (given my school state of mind)

Worst thing I got was pants-ed one time in gym class (luckily not around girls, though that did ironically happen later to the one who did it to me-not by me)

Edit: There was also, the group of 3 guys who for some reason (must have watched too many Japanese game shows) would always be sneaking up on each other and hitting each other in the groin.  I don't know if they ever had kids, but I kind of hope they did enough damage to each other to avoid that (for the potential spawn's sake)

12 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

I am mostly comming from the Paradox Forum. If your post got somethign around:

21 Agrees
69 Disagrees

You can asume that you said something propably stupid.

And I asume that someone below propably explained why in better terms then I could.

Meanwhile if you got in a Response:

19 Agress

2 Disagrees

You can propably ignore the Disagrees as irrelevant.

This idea does not work on such a sparsely populated Forum as the Herogames one, of course. But that is the logic I am operating under.

15 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Swirlie? Try tossing the salad. WARNING: NSFW and really gross!

20 hours ago, Cancer said:

I remember in a chatroom some 20 years ago ... a guy from the Netherlands had "swirly" explained to him and he was appalled, but he was even more appalled by the fact that the phenomenon had a recognized name.

We do have some similar stuff named in Europa. But it is all from the 16th century or earlier. As a intentional Warcrime.

On 11/3/2018 at 2:29 PM, tkdguy said:

Swirlie? Try tossing the salad. WARNING: NSFW and really gross!

Didn't have to ggole that one, I'm afraid. (thank you, Eddie Murphy) 

In the unforgettable words of some forgettable guy on twitter:

"Butt licker.  Once a top shelf, break-ooen-only-in-absolute-emergency, undefeatable insult.  Now a selectable option on dating apps." 

What a world, huh? 

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

Didn't have to ggole that one, I'm afraid. (thank you, Eddie Murphy) 

In the unforgettable words of some forgettable guy on twitter:

"Butt licker.  Once a top shelf, break-ooen-only-in-absolute-emergency, undefeatable insult.  Now a selectable option on dating apps." 

What a world, huh? 

I heard about it from some friends. But yeah, what a world indeed!

Harder to find the archived stuff.  My first "won the day" was for a suggestion on letting the level of success on a to-hit roll affect the hit location chart or the armor activation roll.  I actually came back here (this time around) to find that, as I lost the computer that had the full write up (and Photoshop) installed on it, and had no backups. 

Took a _while_ - and some much-appreciated help--to find it.