Storn Art from idea to Full Picture Year 5

death tribble

Well as I am a little bit bored, here we go. Note any rules changes those that have seen this before.

Those of you who are regular frequenters of the board will recall that for the last four years I have run threads about getting a character commissioned and drawn by Storn. The first year we did this we also had the prelim drawings and last year as well.

The first winner was the pic called Cyanide, 2nd winner Sadhana an Asian Indian mystic, the third winner was Enforcer84's ice brick Glacier and last year Pattern Ghost’s Star. Due to the hacking of Storn's website we can't see these but if there are requests I will try and relink them myself. They are still in Storn's thread.

I will commission a new piece of art from Storn for probably May and we have until then to come up with ideas for him to do. I have revised the rules from the past four years.

First off people are allowed to contribute ideas BUT there is a snag.

As I am the one paying for it I have to approve it. And Storn has to be willing to draw it. Part of the idea is to challenge the artist with something he hasn't done before or not done in a while.

So some ground restrictions and rules.

(1) The picture has to be for Champions. It is what I play and it is in this forum that the thread is posted.

(2) Again this year patriots are welcome. I had United States Marine Corpse commissioned myself last year and have British Bulldog waiting, but here I am allowing this for one reason. In 2005 and 2006 the thread where I post my own ideas to have a pic done and then allow a vote on it, patriot heroes won. So I am making sure again that nothing like that is up for the vote this year. Therefore I am allowing people to post patriot ideas here instead. Bear in mind I will need some convincing to get a patriotic hero or villain done. It may be easier to get a non-US patriot done as this has a great deal of novelty value for not just Storn and I but everyone else as well. I have over 50 American patriotic or quasi patriotic heroes from pics or that Etherio put up previously. And try naming them. Sheesh !

(3) I am also allowing standard gun users this year again as they did not win last year. However as Storn did a lot of these last year including one for me that was a Female Vampire wielding two SMGs you will have to do some description to intrigue me and want me to order this.

(4) Beast motifs. Probably not. I had the Lioness pic done last year. And have an awful load of these already.

(5) Cheesecake. And anyone asking what this is risks a violent tribillating. I have one on order. And other ideas pending. Therefore I will probably not be selecting one purely on cheesecake terms.

(6) No kid heroes/villains. I like the over 18 crowd and proper heroes such as Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman etc. Anyone even suggesting something akin to the Power R*****S will be summarily subject to a dousing with crude oil. And this year we set you alight as well. And then dance around you invoking Mightybec.

(7) It must be something that I would want to use and something that would interest me. If not then no go ahead.

(8) Storn has certain restrictions of his own both because he will be putting the final product on his web site and has his own likes and dislikes. With this we will heed the former and indulge the latter. No Intellectual Property for example so no pics of Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Captain America.

(9) Idea can be of an agent, a normal superhero/villain or a boss/mastermind

(10) If you want Superman, Batman or Green Lantern analogues there has to be some thing about them visually to make Storn and I want to portray it and pay for it. If you don't post an idea, then it can't get done.

(11) Anyone who has had their idea done previously can apply again. There is no prejudice or bias either for or against you.

I'll post my own ideas next plus ones from last year that I am still willing to consider. So post your idea, if I like it then we'll proceed.

You may just have a name and we can bash ideas around about it until we get a full picture.

Of course if you don't like this approach you could always ask Storn yourself.

We have all through the months of March and April to post and reject ideas.

But it may take longer. And usually does.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Storn Art from idea to Full Picture Year 5

This was an entry last year from Ockham’s Spoon

Shard: A guy whose body is the center of a dimensional fracture, making him resemble a person constructed of shattered stained glass loosely held together by some force field so that they appear to be floating in transparent jelly. He is very hard to hurt since the pieces just move aside when hit by most attacks. Shard himself attacks by punching (AP HTH or HKA) or throwing bits of himself (AP EB or RKA) which teleport back to place after the attack. He moves by exploding into a thousand pieces and reconstituting himself someplace else (T-port).

Two ideas from Remjin

I didn't see a restriction on power armor, and there are so many out there, but I'd like to see something in power armor that's large and in charge. Instead of the usual blaster types, I'd like to see a goliath brick. A big bad with exhaust screaming out of it from the excess heat generated by its high-science generator. Large through the legs and arms but not clunky, something slick with a small head. Something anime-ish, I guess, but minus the missile launchers and giant guns, maybe in a pose like pro-wrestler. Do it up in a blue and gold color scheme or even black and purple. =) I wanna see big feet and hands, overarmored forearms, but smooth is the overall theme rather than clunky.

Or...

A super-slick character, as in slippery, a guy who moves like glass over oil. Slim, sleek, body-tight clothes with a few aerodynamic flares in a pose that makes him look like he's sliding ultra-fast over pavement or the like. A facemask with a slit visor to protect him and help him perceive the movement or at least process it. Perhaps some kind of grapple-line shooters to help him make turns by shooting out a line around a pole to make sharp turns, and traction pieces on him so that he can brake and change directions some. =) Now that I think about it, I kind of want to play this character... hmmm... just neat sfx, I guess.

From Enforcer84

Well, here's another Superteam of mine. A group of mystical/quasi mystical misfits sitting on the sidelines of the Good v Evil grudgematch.

Xombie: Gentleman Zombie. Think well preserved corpse of British nobility just before the Revolutionary War. Dresses well, doesn't seem to be rotting but deathly pale and odd, pupiless eyes

Grunt: Big muscle bound, bald, goatee, mindgem, nicely tailored suit.

Wildthorn: Dryad/Biker Chick hybrid

Devil Woman: Red Skinned, black haired beauty with Suggestive Sorceress robes

The Blade: a ninja trapped in a cursed suit of armor that allows him to summon bladed weapons (or just spikes and blades), something akin to the Shredder I suppose. Can't take of armor.

Mother Russia: A female werebear from the former Soviet Union.

Lon Ra: Antrhopomorphic (but short) Siamese cat, young sphinx lost in the world.

From Supreme Serpent

The Remnant

Figure floating in mid-air, patchwork of different tattered costumes, with some open spaces between body parts. In the spaces a glowing energy "skeleton" can be made out. One hand noticeably male, one noticeable female, some robotic parts, misc. possible foci. Several unrelated power effects going on at once.

Remnant is all that remains of the (insert hero team name here). Years past, their arch-nemesis managed to kill them with a massive explosion. The collective willpower combined with the team mystic's spirit to give them new "life" as a gestalt being, The Remnant, which thwarted the surprised villain. Today The Remnant mostly lives...somewhere...in seclusion, but will sometimes appear in times of great need.

Each of the parts retains some of the original hero's powers - the eye has vision powers and eyebeams, one arm can use fire, the other is super-strong, etc

From Myrlyn

However I doubt you'll be commissioning that many pics, so, I'd like to see some Heroes and Villains based on some Lewis Carroll characters (not necessarily to be associated with the Cheshire Cat or the Gryphon). In my campaign, Wonderland is a real alternate dimension, but is also a slightly darker place than is perhaps depicted in the Lewis Carroll tales (though granted some parts of his tales are already dark). Some characters based on these tales might include:

The Jabberwock - A Traditional Brick with the flaming eyes, claws that tear (tunneling/rending), leathery wings. (in my world, this hero's powers derive from a belt made from the hide of the Jabberwock, which was tanned and cured after the beast was beheaded by the nameless hero wielding the vorpal blade). Vulnerable to magic based attacks.

Alice - The adult version of the young Alice that tumbled down the rabbit hole. She faced some very scary creatures in Wonderland, and almost lost her head. These childhood traumas have hardened her and made her into a modern Martial Artist/Monster Hunter type (a la Buffy).

Tweedledee and Tweedledum - This brick pair can drain peoples very intelligence merely by uttering a few warped and twisted phrases/riddles. Both are idiots themselves, and can be easily duped. Prone to combating one another as much as fighting their foes. Pathological fear of crows.

The White Rabbit - This speedster is always in a rush to go somewhere, but is often easily confused. Also possesses ability to shrink to a mere fraction of his original size.

The Caterpillar - A bizarre oracle like being, capable of inducing incredible shrinking and growth size changes in others using his mushrooms. Perhaps has some gas based NND attacks from his hookah.

The March Hare - A madcap serial rapist villain. Despicable to the core and loony beyond compare. (Why a rapist? It comes from the roots of the phrase "Mad as a March hare")

The White Knight - A gadgeteer hero. Appears as an elderly man in archaic styled armor but with a bag full of steam-punk gadgets.

The Mad Hatter - It's just not a party without this insane criminal genius. A mentalist capable of projecting maddening illusions and causing vertigo like effects. Obsessed with time and time themed villains and heroes.

The Mock Turtle - A bull-headed armored hero (Oh wait! Some one already suggested an armored mecha-like cow, right? ).

The Duchess - A female brick of noble birth but with repugnant features who suffers from a multiple personality disorder causing her to alternate between kindly gestures and vicious, brutish attacks.

These last ones are all mine,

'The other man was almost as tall as his companion but obscenely fat, his enormous belly hanging pendulously between his thighs. His body appeared out of proportion to his legs, which were short and slightly bowed. The fat man's face was perfectly round and quite pale but his features were very delicate: green eyes enclosed by long dark lashes; a thin unbroken nose; and a long mouth with full dark lips that were almost feminine.

Ay passing resemblence of facial beauty were undone by his chin and the tumorous distended neck in which it lost itself.

He was balding but his remaining hasir was very black and cut short against his skull'

Heavy Metal Angel. The Angel is constructed of metal like a sculpture of a skeleton except the main body particularly around the spine has musculature

It is sharp and pointy rather than being smooth. The wings are very skeletal and are more of a frame, there are no feathers.

These two above are based on John Connolly's The Black Angel and a statue in the book but it is organic and the real thing.

The other idea carried over from previously is a set of battlesuits from the 40s to modern day. Sort of like Iron Man's suits but for the Champions board.

This will be more than one pic obviously.

New this year

A Type V Demon either as a half drow/half type V with black skin only four arms and Elvish features or the real deal classic Type V original Monster Manual version. In bioth cases they have been pulled from a comic and are adapting to the real world as it were.

The Anti-Pope. Full regalia as from previous centuries with ermine robe and crown.

A suit of armour, the Turtle suit. A dwarf pilots the suit which is on four legs and has a quasi rubber neck to a head with two small laser attachments to either side of the head. We just get to see the suit not the pilot.

Mr Brains. A brain golem wearing a suit. The feet and hands are brains and it projects TK in the forms of hands or claws

Alright now it is your turn

I would like to see Cyanide' date=' 2nd winner [b']Sadhana[/b] an Asian Indian mystic, the third winner was Enforcer84's ice brick Glacier and last year Pattern Ghost’s Star.

Again please ;). Hmmm... Character Ideas will be PM'ed

QM

Oh dear. I don't get PMs. Post the ideas here.

Anyway.

Enforcer's Ice Brick

IceBrickloRes.jpg

Susano's Buddhist Nun

SadhanaloRes.jpg

Crackerjacker's (I believe) Cyanide is the attachment

And here from Storn's thread is Star plus details.

Death Tribble commissioned this step by step process to be shown on my various threads. To talk about my process, how I do things. The character is "Star" and here is the write up I received from D.T.:

"Star: A robust, cosmically-powered energy projector. Her uniform is a sleeveless unitard with a large silver/white star in the center of the chest. With her powers activated, the black takes on the appearance of a starfield and the chest embelm pulses with silvery energy."

This is a pretty wide open description. For most commissions, I usually get a bit more info. But D.T. and I have been working together for some time. I think he trusts my vision.

So first, I print out the character description, do any research for reference I might need. Star doesn't need any.

I head downstairs to the Gimmie Coffee that is across the street... okay... that might be too much detail for y'all . I tend to do my sketches at bars and coffee shops, liking the noise and the chatter to keep me loose. So it is kinda part of my process.

I tend to be pretty sketchy and loose at first... and I will draw in blue line (7mm mechanical pencil blue lead) (which I can eliminate in Photoshop if I scan in pencils to color over, and if scanned in black and white from inks, it won't show). I tried to come up with a pose for Star that was a bit different for a "cosmic" character.

I wanted nice curves, round forms, even in her hair. Because of energy effects, I'm already thinking colors. I need the star to show up nicely. I sorta channel Starman from a decade ago crossed with Dream Girl from Legion of Super Heroes. This is what snuck up on me (note: you can see other sketches seeping through the thin paper in my sketch book):

Starblueline.jpg

Then I go over the blue line with pencil. I tighten up a bit more. Spot my blacks. I went for a retro bob hairstyle.

Starpencils.jpg

Then it is time to ink, I use Winter Harvest Kolinksy brushes to ink (from Weber distribution). They are awesome. I thik I did this with a number 2... not sure, I have about 6 brushes all in about the same size. Note the bad smudging. I had a bit of clean up to do digitally. My window was open and the sketchbook had a page blow shut over my still drying inks. Ah... just another day in the life of an illustrator...

Starink72.jpg

Then the inked version gets scanned in. I take it to Painter (as my photoshop is no where to be found and I have a new computer). I work in several layers. While the inks were simple, the coloring takes a bit of time. I lay down flat colors and then go and build highlights, often using the oil brush for that. Lay in shadows with the digital watercolor tool, drying as need be. Both will get smudged using the Blender simple water tool.

The stars get added over the ink, the energy effects are airbrushed in. And viola! Add my signature (which changed due to new computer, must download Coventry Garden font.)

StarF.jpg

...And there you have it. A character concept from start to finish. I hope this was interesting to y'all.

cheers.

Okay, here's a few:

Needler: A dart-thrower of extraordinary precision, his costume consists of a red, green, black, and white bodysuit patterned like a stylized dartboard (not just a chest emblem, but over most of the bodysuit, maybe stretched out of proportion like a Salvador Dali clock). He has a satchel to carry some darts, a segmented belt holding more, plus wristbands and boots (thick enough to hide even more darts). He also has gloss-black wraparound goggles (high-tech look, like maybe some vision enhancement or radar inside). He has medium-length red hair, somewhat messy.

Iron Cross: German super-patriot in battle armor. It looks both like German medieval armor and something high-tech. Flies by boot jets, super-strong, has ranged energy attacks from an enlarged blaster mounted atop his forearm. Considers himself displaced nobility, so if there's some way to convey that in the picture (pose or additional accoutrements), all the better.

ROVer: a gadgeteer, he wears an armored vest over a padded bodysuit, with a helmet sprouting several small radio antennae and goggles covering the eyes. A half-dozen metal spheres, about 4" in diameter, orbit around his chest/waist area (front and back), each with a camera mounted over a blaster focusing lens. His ROV (Remote-Operated Vehicles) are all built as robotic dogs (flyine Airedales, tough Pit Bulls, and general-purpose Dachshunds), so maybe have one by his side with the fur partially blasted away and showing the metal workings beneath.

Here's a few for you DT :)

- Typhoon: A mystic baddie that uses Atlantean artifacts to control water. In his supervillain state, he wears a tarnished bronze chest-plate and a few items like jeweled bracers and tiara-like crown. He can convert his body to water in parts or whole, as well as control sea-life and take on their attributes.

- Far-Out: A space/time traveller that's been lost for the past 30 years. He's returned and has discovered that the world has vastly changed. Wears a very mid-70s costume. Probably a large collar, some wide leggings. Has a tie-dye rainbow effect when he goes through time. Might even have the high shoulders like Starfox.

- Mechane: A Mechakinetic that controls machines. Has a machine body and can reconstruct machines into other things. Looks kind of human ... but also has some machine parts showing. Maybe a human-like head with some dark pieces mixed into chrome. Could be mistaken for power armor at a distance.

- Crosshair: A female marksman that uses hi-tech crossbows. Wears stylized kevlar with targeting goggles. Keeps her bolts on her legs for quick load and has holsters off the shoulder. Short hair so it stays out of her face.

Okay, I'm going to think on this one out loud here.

I'm thinking that we should have something to contrast the previous four, as though they were forming a superhero team.

I don't think we've done a "night avenger" type yet -- the type in the mold of Batman, the Shadow, the Punisher, and such. I'd kind of like to see one, and probably a female in this case since most of this type tend to be male. (Yes, there are female "night avengers" like Huntress, Batwoman, and Elektra; and two of our four already-done heroes are female. But work with me here, okay?)

I'm torn between making her a "trenchcoat brigade" type, or a "spandex ninja." Or how about both? A tight, black costume including a ninja-style mask, covered by a black trenchcoat (or duster, or whatever) that she uses to confuse foes regarding her position, to better blend in to shadows, and to hide and carry her non-weapon equipment.

She carries a katana, four daggers, a dozen shuriken, a nunchaka, a blowgun, an assault rifle, two semi-automatic pistols, and a derringer. Her main weapon is the katana; the firearms are "backups" for extreme circumstances (which, let's say for the sake of storytelling, she finds herself in with alarming frequency).

For a name.... how about Darkrage?

I'll work on another one later. :)

I don't think we've done a "night avenger" type yet -- the type in the mold of Batman, the Shadow, the Punisher, and such. I'd kind of like to see one, and probably a female in this case since most of this type tend to be male. (Yes, there are female "night avengers" like Huntress, Batwoman, and Elektra; and two of our four already-done heroes are female. But work with me here, okay?)

To throw another option out on Bob's idea:

Fury - female DAotN (Dark Avenger of the Night). Mostly black bodysuit, with silver/metallic taloned gauntlets and fearsomely visaged helmet of the same material. Technological wings made out to look (at least to a degree) like feathered wings. Sort of a Hawkgirl/Batman mix. Either modern-day or a 1930's more pulpy version.

Argis, the idea is of a legacy hero, who's great grand father discovered the shield of the same name, I imagine the outfit being a bit of a mythical greek armor updated to modern day, with the legendary shield, in Red/Gold if male, or Blue/Silver if female...

Obviously a little Captain Americaish, but otherwise still kind of open on how he/she looks

The character is for a game I am planning on where the gender will be determined by the gender of the player and will be pre cons only...

Order: Kind of an Iron Man type of character. His armor is solid silver with navy blue running up the outside of his legs, up the chest and stopping at the armpit. Another strip runs from his throat down the outside of the arms to his fingertips and with a balanced scale on the chest piece. The armor has reinforced shoulder-guards and the faceplate is blank except for the eye-slits.

For my second thought-project I started again looking at the previous heroes as a team with "something missing."

What's that? No speedsters!

I mulled over the idea of just a guy who runs really fast, but again the problem is that it seems fairly generic and unexciting, which wouldn't bring in much chance of making the grade.

But then I thought... how do these guys get to the scene of an emergency?

So instead of a runner, maybe this guy's a teleporter, capable of bringing the whole team along (and additional team members we might come up with later). Better yet, he opens up "teleport gates," using his powers to not only get around but also to deflect incoming attacks, drop non-flying opponents from high in the air, and who knows what else. And if all else fails he can fall back on a bit of savate.

I see him as a trim guy with shoulder-length black hair and a soul patch, wearing a black sleeveless bodystocking with a semi-random pattern of red equilateral triangles, blue right isosceles triangles, and yellow "Golden" triangles. And a smile reflecting a fun-loving attitude.

For a name, let's see... let's call him Gatekeeper.

Sigil: A mage that relies on drawn symbols and arcane runes to fight his opponents. He wears street clothes, usually blue jeans and a tee shirt with tennis shoes. He always wears short sleeve shirts to show off the numerous demons he has imprisoned inside his own body, they manifest as tattoos. Probably drawn standing on the key of solomon to reinforce the whole relies on magical symbols and such.

Two things I noticed from the previous winners - no traditional gadgeteers, and limited use of background. So, with that in mind...

Technomancer: Powered-armor character that can reshape technology by touch. So, for example, he could touch a television set and change it into a motion detector, or a red Ferrari could be changed into a large cannon. However, whatever is changed retains the mass and elements of the previous item. The Ferrari listed above would turn into a large red cannon that looks aerodynamic, with car-esque (is that a word?) elements - maybe a headlight is used as a laser sight, or the gearshift is used as the trigger...

His armor has a different look from his reshaped gadgets, as it is an invention of his own design rather than something he has changed with his powers.

There's a brit (I believe he's a Brit) artist goes by the moinicker roadkill. He does really cool work and was once pondering Flag Suits of the world project; all sexy ladies. He only got two done, one for Norway and one for, I believe Scotland.

I really liked those designs; so let's do a nice Danish Flagsuit, no?

I'll toss out a few:

Geist: Form-fitted, sleek power armor, which has chameleon capability via a photo-receptive surface, (Transmits what's on one side of the suit to the other side.) allowing for advanced near-invisibility level camouflage. The armor itself is fairly form-fitting, with darker areas of lighter, more flexible armor contrasting with lighter areas with hardened trauma plates (the shoulders, chest, elbows, gloves including wrist, knees, boots, and of course helm.) The helm has a single large lens in the middle, with a smaller pair of lenses offset above it (targeting laser and IR emitter for active IR vision), giving a somewhat sinister look. The "collar" of the armor is large, and reinforced to prevent whiplash in confrontations with superhumanly strong opponents. The suit's gauntlets are heavier trauma plate material with darker flexible fingers, allowing use of normal hand held weapons. The primary weapon is a hand held ultra-low frequency sonic projector (an AVLD vs. Hearing flash). The weapon's blast shows as a series of ring-shaped air distortions. The weapon runs on batteries that have the capacity for a limited number of shots, and are mounted on the top rear of the weapon. The batteries have a bar gauge of their charges. (8 or so bars). Spares are carried in cylindric holders around the waist. Geist also has a "bag of goodies" on his back, in a small, hard-sided back pack. A small air tank rests below the pack, just above the small of his back.

Thunder Hawk: The Brick's Brick. A large, square-jawed hero. His costume is a body suit of blue, with red gloves and boots. His cowl and cape are white. The cowl/cape extends across his shoulders and down a bit onto his chest, where it is clasped by a gold thunder bird (this isn't actually a cape clasp, since it doesn't need it, but serves as his communicator). The cape has scallops along the bottom edge, suggestive of feathers. He has a gold-tinted visor that wraps around to the sides of his head, where it then curves up to a subtle wing shape. The visor is a shallow V-shape in front, and comes to just enough of a point to suggest a beak, but in a low-key way. Likewise, the part of his cowl covering his chin is an inverted V, forming a pointed bottom "beak." He wears a gold-colored belt which has several cylinders also of a gold-colored metal which hold basic supplies for first aid and the like. The soles of his boots are thick, and noticeably reinforced, as are the backs and knuckles of his gloves.

Blue Comet: Movement based demi-brick. He's solidly built, more like a swimmer or gymnast than a bodybuilder. His head is covered with a close-fitting helmet with a semi-clear blue visor. The helmet has a small "fin" on top, giving it a retro look. The costume is solid blue, with a white/silver comet over the heart, its trail winding down and around his back and one leg. He wears silver bracers. His hands are bare, his boots are one piece with the body suit. He emits a blue force field with a long "tail" trailing behind it. His features are somewhat pugilistic, reminiscent of old pulp heroes like the Shadow or an early Superman.

Barnstormer: Somewhat bulky power armor, with large jet-pack on his back, which has inverted wings (forms a V shape when looking at him head on) on it. Helmet has visor reminiscent of goggles. The boots and gloves are on the bulky side. Small jet nozzles pop out on either side of the boots and at the hips, for fine maneuvering. His primary color is bright red, his secondary color gold. Concept is aerobatic flier. Leaves a contrail when he flies.

Greyhound: Speedster. Like his namesake, he is long and lean. His costume is a cowled body suit, with the cowl suggesting a dog's head. The mask lenses are mirrored. His suit has reinforced areas everywhere bones are near the surface (hips, joints, etc), as well as at the shoulders. The main suit color is a medium gray. The reinforcements resemble pieces of tire in texture and color (and they may be). His boots are built up, with thick soles and extra ankle support, to withstand the stress of running at high speed. He carries a short, thick truncheon in his right hand, just over a foot long. (It's made of heavy solid rubber, so it gives when he whacks someone with it at high speed. This is to protect him more than the other guy.) His features are coarse and gaunt.

Dr. Nanuk: "Polar bears are the Einsteins of the bear community." Polar bear in a bipedal stance, with high tech gear strapped on him, including a back pack with an array of antennas and blinking lights, and a monocle/loup over one eye. He's holding a Geiger counter type device in his hands*, the box in one hand, sensor in the other.

(Sorry, read the animal rule, but I just caught up on Lost, so I had to. The Island made me do it.)

*And by "hands" I mean front paws. =)

This was an entry last year from Ockham’s Spoon

Shard: A guy whose body is the center of a dimensional fracture, making him resemble a person constructed of shattered stained glass loosely held together by some force field so that they appear to be floating in transparent jelly. He is very hard to hurt since the pieces just move aside when hit by most attacks. Shard himself attacks by punching (AP HTH or HKA) or throwing bits of himself (AP EB or RKA) which teleport back to place after the attack. He moves by exploding into a thousand pieces and reconstituting himself someplace else (T-port).[

I like this idea. I might have Storn do it for me.:thumbup:

Greyhound: Speedster. Like his namesake, he is long and lean. His costume is a cowled body suit, with the cowl suggesting a dog's head. The mask lenses are mirrored. His suit has reinforced areas everywhere bones are near the surface (hips, joints, etc), as well as at the shoulders. The main suit color is a medium gray. The reinforcements resemble pieces of tire in texture and color (and they may be). His boots are built up, with thick soles and extra ankle support, to withstand the stress of running at high speed. He carries a short, thick truncheon in his right hand, just over a foot long. (It's made of heavy solid rubber, so it gives when he whacks someone with it at high speed. This is to protect him more than the other guy.) His features are coarse and gaunt

This is another great idea. Of the ones I have seen on this thread, all are great character concepts, but I think these two are two of the ones that would challenge Storn the most.

I am thinking of something a little different - more of a 'Pulp' style hero who really just seems to have one power/ability.

I am thinking of a woman dressed in 1930-40's era flight/travel garments. Leather jacket, baggy pants, tall boots. She will need to wear a helmet of sorts, something aerodynamic for her ability. Her ability is really a Hovercycle, so it probably be a two in one. The cycle should be sleek, also with a retro pulp look, big intake in the front, possibly even have a slight resemblance to a horse with no legs. Like the Phantom, The Shadow, even Indiana Jones, she has her brains and some hand to hand fighting ability to get the job done. But her weapon of choice is a collapsible staff that can also double as a joust.

I am not sure if it is too pulp for you Death Tribble - if it is - I apologize, I have just been on a kick lately as to what I play in a Champs game.

edit: I am toying with a name - the Red Duchess (not sure if it works...)