List 5 people

5 hours ago, Pariah said:

I met Ted Nugent back when I was working for an archery company. He was one of our spokespersons. Same with Yy Detmer.

You have my deepest sympathy. Nugent comes across as someone who needs an introduction to a baseball bat multiple times.

My list might be easy or not ?

1) Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

2) Siouxsie Sioux

3) Gillian Anderson

4) Jacqueline Pearce (Servalan in Blake's 7)

5. Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott 

10 hours ago, DShomshak said:

5) Benoit Mandelbrot (does the discoverer of fractals count as famous?)

I count him.  I coulda put him on my list also; simply didn't occur to me.  Coulda put Niven on my list too; I got pressganged into being the pinch-science-guest at the long-defunct Moscon back in the late 1990s and he was in the audience.  He was annoyed with me that I wouldn't speculate on what the dark matter in the Galaxy was, beyond commenting that the as-yet-unidentified-subatomic-particle hypothesis was the leading candidate.

12 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

I'm guessing Reggie Miller, based on my highly refined and unerringly accurate  "Eenie Meanie Miney Moe" algorithm.

EDIT TO ADD:  Though it might also be Steve Monroe when factoring in the "My Mother Told Me" variant.

No to both. I was seated in the stands in my HS gym while Reggie and his team were playing against my school's team. His sister Cheryl and his parents were 6 or 8 seats over, and a row down from me.

My younger brother's ex-wife was Steve Monroe's agent in Hollywood, when he attended their daughter's b-day party. He was very personable and funny

My list

Jose Canseco (pro baseball player)

Jack Kemp (pro football quarterback then politician and VP candidate)

Bill Clinton (politician)

Nolan Ryan (pro baseball player)

Rick Perry (former Secretary of Energy and former governor)

(I always guess everyone has met Larry Niven. I mean, who hasn't?)

15 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

Seka

Annette Haven

Ginger Lynn

Christy Canyon

Taylor Wane

I have narrowed this down to the first two. So I am saying Seka.

8 hours ago, Certified said:

There are others, my wife and I were just talking about getting stuck in an elevator with Betsy Palmer at Dragon*Con, but this should be a fun list. 

• James Earl Jones, Actor 
  • Joe Walsh, Musician 
  • Michael Jackson, Musician
  • Michael Lang, Founder of Woodstock 
  • Patrick Stewart, Actor 

I would say Michael Jackson on the grounds that he would be extremely difficult to get close to.

6 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

Alan Parsons, Musician and recording engineer

Gregory Benford, SF author and astrophysicist

Don King, Boxing promoter

Sheena Easton, Singer

Harry Reid, Former US Senate Majority Leader

Wild Guess. Don King. Unless you were at a boxing match where one of his charges was, this seems unlikely.

6 hours ago, Cygnia said:

Van Morrison

Timothy Zahn

Dave Mustaine

Mojo Nixon

Mark Waid

I have no idea who Mojo Nixon is so that is my choice. The others might have been at concerts where RUSH played.

11 hours ago, death tribble said:

My list might be easy or not ?

1) Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

2) Siouxsie Sioux

3) Gillian Anderson

4) Jacqueline Pearce (Servalan in Blake's 7)

5. Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott 

I'll guess Gillian Anderson since she seems the least likely to speak with a Yorkshire accent.

9 minutes ago, archer said:

My list

I'll say Rick Perry.

Just now, archer said:

I'll guess Gillian Anderson since she seems the least likely to speak with a Yorkshire accent.

Strike 2. Most people know I am big Gillian Anderson fan and I have her autograph and a picture with her. She can do an Irish accent so she can do a Yorkshire one.

11 minutes ago, death tribble said:

I have narrowed this down to the first two. So I am saying Seka.

I would say Michael Jackson on the grounds that he would be extremely difficult to get close to.

Wild Guess. Don King. Unless you were at a boxing match where one of his charges was, this seems unlikely.

I have no idea who Mojo Nixon is so that is my choice. The others might have been at concerts where RUSH played.

Mojo Nixon was a rockabilly style singer best known for his one hit wonder “Elvis is Everywhere”.

11 minutes ago, death tribble said:

I met Don King when I was working at Office Depot here in Las Vegas back in the mid-90s. Mike Tyson was leaving his management, and Don King was setting up a new office.

18 minutes ago, death tribble said:

Shared a flight with Michael Jackson, somehow we, well his entourage, and my mother and I, were the only ones on a first class flight. Forget where we were going though, I was younger, and we flew a lot when I was a kid. 

8 hours ago, Certified said:

There are others, my wife and I were just talking about getting stuck in an elevator with Betsy Palmer at Dragon*Con, but this should be a fun list. 

• James Earl Jones, Actor 
  • Joe Walsh, Musician 
  • Michael Jackson, Musician
  • Michael Lang, Founder of Woodstock 
  • Patrick Stewart, Actor 

Michael Lang as Woodstock was not a success at the time.

7 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

Alan Parsons, Musician and recording engineer

Gregory Benford, SF author and astrophysicist

Don King, Boxing promoter

Sheena Easton, Singer

Harry Reid, Former US Senate Majority Leader

Sheena Easton then is my second guess.

7 hours ago, Cygnia said:

Van Morrison

Timothy Zahn

Dave Mustaine

Mojo Nixon

Mark Waid

Dave Mustaine is Megadeath and they might not have been at a RUSH concert so that is next guess

32 minutes ago, archer said:

My list

I have never met Larry Niven.

Bill Clinton is the next guess.

29 minutes ago, death tribble said:

Bill Clinton is the next guess.

I had 15-20 minutes of alone time with Bill Clinton after he'd given a speech then a reception. 

After talking for a few minutes, he tried to convince me to quit school and travel around the state with him as part of his political campaign (getting back the governorship of Arkansas during the 1982 campaign).

He had no money and no paid staff at the time. He was booking speeches then buying a platter of cookies for a "reception". And setting up the reception room and breaking it down afterward all by himself. Most of our time together consisted of me staying afterward and putting the chairs away, working at it alongside him.

I'd asked him a question during the question-and-answer time at the reception during which he found out I was a local. That question got him talking about farm issues and what he as governor could do to address the 20% interest rates which were killing farmers at the time. It was a great set-up question for him to try to connect with the crowd (and to get quoted in the paper). And apparently showed him I had some political acumen, or at least more than the typical audience member.

I can't tell you how many times I regretted the choice of staying in school. A lot of the people who started following him around that time eventually ended up working for him in the White House.

I could have finished my college years at any point in time. But there's only a few times in your life that a politician will offer to take you along for a ride to the top.

I did manage to get my picture in the local paper with Clinton though by circling opposite the photographer during the reception and making sure I managed to got into every shot. :D