List 5 people

3 hours ago, death tribble said:

Sheena Easton then is my second guess.

That would be correct. A co-worker at Circuit City rang up her purchase, but I was at the other end of the store, and never met her.

Alan Parsons was at an after-concert meet and greet, and I have a couple of albums autographed by him.

Greg Benford was Guest of Honor at Silvercon, and I had the chance of talking with him for a few minutes.

I met Harry Reid on a city bus on my way to classes at UNLV back in the early 90s. He was doing a radio piece in the back of the bus (the bus system had just switched over to CAT/RTC from a private company), and then moved around the bus to chat with everyone.  Our conversation was a surreal discussion of the foods at the UNLV cafeteria (complete with hand gestures while describing the food).

1 hour ago, Ternaugh said:

That would be correct. A co-worker at Circuit City rang up her purchase, but I was at the other end of the store, and never met her.

Alan Parsons was at an after-concert meet and greet, and I have a couple of albums autographed by him.

Greg Benford was Guest of Honor at Silvercon, and I had the chance of talking with him for a few minutes.

I met Harry Reid on a city bus on my way to classes at UNLV back in the early 90s. He was doing a radio piece in the back of the bus (the bus system had just switched over to CAT/RTC from a private company), and then moved around the bus to chat with everyone.  Our conversation was a surreal discussion of the foods at the UNLV cafeteria (complete with hand gestures while describing the food).

Quick non-sequitur, as someone who lived in Vegas and rode CAT quite extensively, it always amused my the nickname I heard for the bus service:: 

Can't Afford Transportation

This is of course picking on people who don't have cars. However, I would point out that we were on the bus, so clearly we could afford some transportation. Also, that route that hit every mall was super useful, if weird. 

8 hours ago, Certified said:

Quick non-sequitur, as someone who lived in Vegas and rode CAT quite extensively, it always amused my the nickname I heard for the bus service:: 

Can't Afford Transportation

This is of course picking on people who don't have cars. However, I would point out that we were on the bus, so clearly we could afford some transportation. Also, that route that hit every mall was super useful, if weird. 

My late housemate used to work for RTC delivering bus schedules and passes to businesses for redistribution. He used to say that he delivered CAT litter.

4 hours ago, Cygnia said:

I have had the misfortune of meeting Dave Mustaine back when I was working at the House of Blues in Harvard Sq.  He was an entitled git.

So he just kind of blended in with every other entitled git wandering around Harvard Sq.👨‍🎓

Anytime I see someone on TV lording a Harvard diploma over someone else I remember every ignorant, arrogant schmuck I ever had to deal with.  
Remember, Osama Bin Ladin, Marc Zuckerberg and Ted Kosinski all went to Harvard.

19 hours ago, death tribble said:

I have narrowed this down to the first two. So I am saying Seka.

In the words of Peter Venkman, "Good guess, but wrong."  I met Seka at the now defunct Glamourcon autograph show in Chicago, where I also met Taylor Wane on a number of occasions.

Christy Canyon I met for the first time at Chicago's Admiral Theatre way back in 1992.  I've met her several times since, the last being at the Chicago EXXXOTICA show--don't remember the date, I'm afraid.  Ginger Lynn I met at The Industrial Strip in Hammond, Indiana, for her farewell dance tour.

Annette Haven is the lie--which I much regret, as I find her quite attractive.  Hopefully the opportunity will some day present itself.

On my list, I never met Jose Canseco. My wife's best friend dated him when he was in the minor leagues but I never met him myself.

I met Nolan Ryan once in passing. Would have liked to have spoken to him but he had people already bothering him.

I carried a crossbow while going to see politician and future presidential candidate Jack Kemp give a speech. Snuck it in under my friend's coat. He was going into the military and for some reason thought that while we were going to a political speech would be the perfect time for him to gift it to me. We got there before the crowd and early enough to snag seats in the second row so no one ever noticed the weapon. 

After the speech, my friend stayed with the crossbow while I walked behind the VIP group a couple of blocks to the afterparty (which I wasn't invited to). But I got close enough to hear him chitchatting casually about political issues which was pretty neat.

About half a year later, I got a chance to hear him at a $100 per seat fundraiser for a Senate candidate. They hadn't quite filled out the hall and didn't want the visual of having unfilled seats. I'd worked for the Senator's campaign so I got a free dinner and copies of Kemp's two books. Afterward I got to meet Kemp in person and talk with him for a couple of minutes.

I was busy getting married a few years after that while Kemp was running for president so I didn't get to work on his campaign. But one of my best friends from college was his campaign chair in Virginia. He was one of the first people to get into political trouble for accepting favors from Jack Abramoff as he arranged a free ride for Kemp on Abramoff's jet (something which should have been accounted for as a campaign donation but wasn't).

Kemp was always getting flown around for the campaign so he never asked where that plane came from. When the press caught on that the flight hadn't been recorded as a donation, Kemp was forced to fire my friend, which pretty much blackballed him from ever again getting an important political campaign position (because politicians back 30+ years ago used to be allergic to scandal). 

I guess I'm lucky I was busy getting married rather than following my friend off into Republican politics. 

Coulda been a Democrat, coulda been a Republican, coulda been a contender....

:D 

3 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

Van Morrison

Another unfortunate meet-up during my time working at the House of Blues.  Morrison is an even bigger entitled git than Mustaine and complained about EVERYTHING (and this was before he was revealed as an anti-vaxx [bleep])

(no, he wasn't performing)

Nope,  I was a kid and my dad and I were at a well known ice cream parlor in Hyannis on Cape Cod.  It was right next to the local airport and while we were in line a limo pulled up and Mr. Hope stepped out. I never noticed him getting into line behind me until I saw everybody else pulling back and staring. 
   I turned around and looked straight up into the most famous nose since Cyrano.....bushy as hell.

He was performing at a local venue that weekend.  So I guess he wanted something sweet before he went to the hotel, and felt like surprising the locals.

28 minutes ago, death tribble said:

Ask and ye shall receive. Bob Hope.