March 2022 Superdraft: the Big Toys Draft

Cancer

OK, I've posted the amalgamated rosters in the second post on page 1 of this thread.

Let me know what I've missed.  (I did this during a stoopidmeeting.  With no pants.)

Edit: also, we're getting to the point where folks can start making free option picks.  Be afraid.  Very afraid.

2 hours ago, Pariah said:

You are a cad and a bounder, and I wish to unsubscribe from your newsletter.

Sniped. Again.

Don’t blame me or Old Man. We’re innocent this time. It’s not like we intercepted your phone passcode and passed to details on to Psybolt. Never. 

:ph34r:

On 3/1/2022 at 12:21 AM, Cancer said:
  • home base:
  • Spaceship/Aircraft: Skylark (Doc Smith)
  • Land Vehicle: a Bolo (Keith Laumer)
  • Water Vehicle: Nautilus (20,000 Leagues Under the Sea)
  • ranged personal weapon: Green Lantern power ring
  • melee personal weapon: Captain Britain's staff 
  • other personal equipment:
  • no material component item: John Taylor's third eye
  • read-only fixed-content knowledge store:
  • nonliving* robot/etc: FESS from The Warlock in Spite of Himself
  • inventor/artificer/gadgeteer character:
  • free option:

Having been deprived of Seaquest DSV, Dr. Arroway chooses a smaller, more practical ocean exploration vessel.

One Water Vehicle: the unnamed Swiss-built Russian mini-sub featured in the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate".

watergate.jpg

On 3/1/2022 at 5:15 AM, Cancer said:

"Big Toys" Superdraft

f32b49f7e1b4e49e37b18f1ca6511f29.jpg

This draft focuses on things rather than characters.  There is a single human character, and a maybe-close-to-human robot or android, and then a free option pick which could be a living character.  The rest is stuff.

All picks are exclusive.  No restrictions on source material, other than currently living real people are not eligible to be drafted in any category, even the free option.  Currently existing hardware is, however, permitted.

• one magic spell, incantation, mathematical theorem, or similar created tool/weapon/capacity with no material component

• Please identify the source material for the item whenever you make a pick.  The DIPWAD (Draft Initiator Pundit With All Dominion) is not as well-informed about a lot of source matter as many others on these boards.

I must admit this last one got me a little puzzled and I thought that people would pick Fantasy Hero or Dungeons and Dragons spells so what people have actually come up with is fascinating.

I am going with the predictable. One of the first spells everyone wants in Dungeons and Dragons, Magic Missile.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/spells/magic-missile