2022-23 NFL Thread

Pariah

2 hours ago, unclevlad said:

For those who don't remember:  SMU football was completely barred from competing for 2 years due to repeated recruiting violations, and *massive* lying to investigators...including the AD and University President. ...

And the SMU Board of Governors, a former member of which who expressly admitted he "reluctantly" approved continuing the payments, was the sitting Gov. Bill Clements of Texas.  (I was living in Austin in the first half of the 1980s; the "death penalty" was handed down a year after I left.)

4 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

Why do you hate Canada? 

3 hours ago, Grailknight said:

What have the Blue Bombers and the city of Winnipeg done to you? 

These are fair questions. My apologies to Winnipeg and to Canada.

21 minutes ago, Cygnia said:

The upside?  From the story:

Within hours of these pictures dropping, Browns fans apparently figured out who this guy was and voiced their displeasure on his social media pages so vigorously that he has reportedly closed all of his accounts. 

Specifically, the guy with the obscene and misogynistic sign...who we presume is there with his kid.  Like the guy said...feel bad for the kid.

- Looks like the NFL will just wash it's hands of Aaron Donald being a nutjob and wildly swinging a weapon at unprotected heads in the Rams-Bengals joint practice the other day.

- Bills release Matt Araiza...odd that they were briefed by the alleged victim's lawyers about a month ago on the situation, then release a different punter a couple weeks later as if they were going to keep Araiza.  Yet now they choose to let him go.  Hmmm.  <sarcasm>

On 7/17/2022 at 3:12 PM, Cancer said:

.... My personal over-under for [Seattle] is 4.5.

I stand by my prediction.  I challenge the rest of NGD-land to post their predictions for their own favorite team and we get all get to point and laugh at each other next January.

27 minutes ago, Cancer said:

I stand by my prediction.  I challenge the rest of NGD-land to post their predictions for their own favorite team and we get all get to point and laugh at each other next January.

Bengals

In an incredibly deep AFC:

Optimistic = 10.5

Realistic = 8.5

I played the over-under game with our school assembly the other day. For the amount of time the assembly would run past the scheduled end time, I set the over-under at 12 minutes. Should have taken the over. By about 10 minutes.

Okay, as far as football goes ... the Broncos can count on at least three losses within the division, two from Kansas City and one from either Oakland Las Vegas or San Diego Los Angeles. They also play the NFC West this year, which means probably two losses between Cleveland Los Angeles St. Louis Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago St. Louis Arizona. They always seem to underperform against Baltimore, and they always seem to lose at least one game they have no business losing. That's seven losses, so I'll set the Broncos over under at 9-1/2.

For 2022, the Sin City Raiders have added Davante Adams and Chandler Jones to an underrated roster that's always been waiting for competent coaching to unleash it.  Instead of a competent coach, they hired Josh McDaniels, who spent decades holding a clipboard in New England while Belichick and Brady did all the work.  While McDaniels hasn't blown up the franchise like he did at the Broncos (yet), and he's surely an improvement over Gruden, none of this moves the Derps ahead of their foes in the hypercompetitive AFC West.  Carr is a great QB, but he's not a Herbert, Mahomes, or Wilson.

I predict the Raiders offense will pull off enough shootouts to stay in the wild card race until McDaniels pisses off his locker room, whereupon they will just miss the playoffs and kick off an offseason of Raiders® brand off-field drama.  8 wins.