2022-23 NFL Thread

Pariah

1 hour ago, unclevlad said:

I dunno, do the Jets really have anything about them that's vile?  Or just the fact that they're inept?  Rex Ryan is gone;  that was, I think, my last major issue.  

Speaking of inept...how bad is Indy, to be down 24 to Jacksonville?  Is the AFC South gonna challenge the NFC East of a couple years ago, for Worst Division Ever?  Was gonna make a similar comment about Washington...unnecessary, perhaps...as they let the Lions get out to a 22-0 lead, but they're doing a little something at least in the 2nd half...

Indy was down two starting receivers at least and then got in a hole early.

Meanwhile this Fins-Ravens game is bonkers.

Steelers are NOT looking good.  Scraped by against Cincy despite being +5 in turnovers.  Kept under 250 yards while losing to NE today.  Commentators were even mentioning that Trubisky may have to be replaced.  NOT this week, as the Steelers play on TNF, but it's something to be considered.

How times change...a Steelers-Pats game where the QB situations for both are...uncertain, at best.  

Oh my lordy...how indescribably delicious!!!!!

Inside 2 minutes, Browns score a TD to go up 13...and miss the extra point.  Oh, well, no biggie, right?

Kickoff is a touchback.  Fine.

First down, 9 yard run.  OK, no big.

2nd down...66 yard TD.  Whooaaa...  Jets down 6 after the XP.

Onside kick by the Jets...

WORKS!!!!!!

9 plays to move 53 yards.  TD!!!!!!!  Extra point is converted.
Jets 31, Browns 30.

Browns get 21 on 1st down to get near midfield...but maybe push a little much?  They had a bit of time.  It's picked and game over.

Yowsa, yowsa.  No choke quite like a Browns choke...unless maybe it's a Jets choke, but this one is an absolute symphony of futility.

The Donkeys are tied with the Texans 6-6 at halftime. Two goal-to-go opportunities, four incomplete passes, two field goals.

Well, I guess we haven't fumbled at the one yard line yet this game. That's something. But the inescapable conclusion through six quarters is that the Broncos simply can't finish.

Isn't there a pill for that?

Takeaways so far...

--Bengals have a lot of work to do.  6 more sacks.  Fell too far behind, so they had to have everything work.  Lots of things do, late...but the Cowboys get into position and boot the 50 yarder.  So they've dug themselves an 0-2 hole that is largely self-inflicted, IMO.

--An epidemic of blown leads.  Raiders just finished blowing a 20 point lead, giving up a TD on the last play of regulation, then a 2 point conversion from the 7 to let the Cards tie it.  Browns.  Ravens.  Rams tried to;  up 28-3 mid third and 31-10 with 12 to play.  Falcons get a long drive, and block a punt for a TD.  Rams fumble on their next possession, and the Falcons have the ball inside the Ram 30 down 6, with 3 minutes left.  They throw a pick, but in my book, so the Rams escape...but it is an escape.  

3 hours ago, Starlord said:

...and Trey Lance just carted off the field with ankle injury.  Jimmy G is in.

And Garapolo enters and gets win, as he seems to do with the 49ers, and yet, year after year, they bring in someone to replace him. Isn't there something to say for the team playing for you and just winning?

My brother been talking about this all day. I feel for the guy. And that is hard to say for a Rams fan, as I hate that team, but really, what did he do that made the coach and management hate him.

Well, he's going to have a chance now.  Lance has a broken ankle that requires surgery, so he's now out for the year.  And Jimmy's a UFA.

And his incentives kick in, most likely.  $250K per game where he takes 25% of the snaps, and +$100K if it's a win.  There are others based on playoffs...but with Lance out, this one will dwarf the rest.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/jimmy-garoppolo-14472/

14 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Nathaniel Hackett needs to turn offensive play calling duties over to a coordinator so he can focus on managing the game as a whole. The first two weeks of demonstrated that he's not ready to do both yet.

If that's true, then why the HECK do you hire him as HC, when his major qualification was Offensive Guru?