World Creation Superdraft 7: July 2023

He is Nagus Sterling, the governor of greed, the avatar of avidity, the sultan of selfishness, the God of Avarice!

I have always tried to make a god of much larger concepts before, now I dig into something more demigoddish. Odd selecting something like this before there are any people, but that's the way the cookie crumbles this time. 

skeleton GIF

I thought there was another half hour before we started, but oh well. I shall not be laggardly!

I actually had three possible gods for this Superdraft. The rather Aztec-flavored Sun God would be dramatic but the concept would influence a lot of the world at a very early stage. (Though with Intrigue, Avarice, Hatred and Murder, the bloodletting aspect might fit in disturbingly well.) The God of Fame and Glory would be easy for other players to engage with (and probably easier to find illos for), but might not inspire much creativity in response. So I’ll go with God #3: probably the least accessible in some ways, but, I think, with the greatest potential for creativity.

In the Time before Time and the Place beyond Place, the Gods gathered to play the Game of Worlds and Life, hoping thereby to amuse the Ones Unknown; for the Gods have Gods of their own, who play with them as they play with mortals.

Each God gave aspects of Itself to the World that was to be, before it should become a Time and a Place. But when the World was passed to Etterskell, It tripped in a way that mortals cannot comprehend, and fumbled the forming World, and dropped the World before it was ready.

And the World broke.

And because that was now Etterskell’s contribution to the World, Etterskell broke, too.

Some Gods are known to mortals as male, and others as female. Some are both, and some are neither. Etterskell is male or female, both or neither at various times, and gender-fluid on every seventh day. Nor has Etterskell shown the same visage twice to mortal eyes. This is the nature of Etterskell: to be Multiple. And thus too is the World that was broken by the clumsiness of Etterskell.

God: Etterskell, Breaker of the Sharded World

Primary Domain: Multiplicity

Etterskell does not define the Shape of the World. Another God does that. But the Great Oops imposed this condition on the World: That whatever form is given to the World, it shall be multiple and diverse. If there be a Sun, there shall be several Suns, and not identical. Unless the Sun God (if we have a Sun God) deliberately defines why there is only one sun. If the World be hoop-shaped, there shall be several hoops, differently sized. Or if the world be hollow, a bubble within endless stone, there shall be several such bubbles — whether nested or touching like a froth. There could weven be multiple shapes, from multiple Gods, if the shadowy Commissioner so permits. In this way alone did Etterskell contribute to the Shape of the World; and it is the only singular thing about the God of Multiplicity.

Or, tl;dr: I'm not saying what the Shape of the World is (unless someone asks me to do this as my Geography pick), but I invite other Gods to ultiplicity as an aspect of anything cosmological they do.

Dean Shomshak

2 hours ago, Logan D. Hurricanes said:

I sure hope somebody creates a god of something good or hopeful or this will be the most miserable world ever. 

She appeared as a young woman with old eyes. Or was it the other way around? She was frail yet resilient. She carried candles, her own never going out. Each candle, when lit, seemed brighter the darker it got. Most curious.
And she often sung to herself, and thus to the worlds, but it often seemed nonsense. She chattered in the gloom with surprisingly chipper tones,  "It's all broken now, good good. That's how the light gets in.  Such corpulent bullies, some of  my brothers can be, but they're all rather sad when you think about it. Misery makes company one supposes, so I guess that means they'll make mortals soon enough. Maybe they will be the salvation of some gods for that?  No ancient urns here, I don't doubt. All the more precious for their short time among us. All the more rewards that might await if we dare to seek them, await in the making."
She wore a tattered garb to be sure, but it was strong, and one could see under the worn nature of it it was laced with silver linings aplenty if you just took time to look for them. And still she talked, "No happy endings? Pshaw, if there are no happy ending its only because nothing ever ends: not really. Keep believing, keep pretending- that's what connects the rainbows. Even in the darkness there are colors to be found. " Perhaps she was mad, for she said things like this even when no one was listening, as if she could make them listen by saying it often enough. She was nothing if not persistent and she called out into the shattered world:
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on!"
No one should have been surprised that a younger goddess of Hope would arise in a broken world where Avarice, Hatred, Intrigue and Murder marched...
"Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.”
And so she was

Nadiya Brightbringer- Goddess  of Hope

58d8dae54b68d066dc19122fde6090cc.jpg

17 minutes ago, Old Man said:

On the first day, Alitheon said,

“Let there be light,

For I have arrived.”

image.jpg

Thus spake Alitheon, the God of Illumination!

Interesting. This closes off one of my lines of development for Oeneus. Or does it?

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

On the first day, Alitheon said,

“Let there be light,

For I have arrived.”

image.jpg

Thus spake Alitheon, the God of Illumination!

I'm going to count this as a snipe.  Back to cogitation.

I fear using a Skeletor gif for Nagus' introduction may have given the wrong impression. 

I am not a destroyer of companies. I am a liberator of them!

The point is, ladies and gentlemen, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.

Greed is right.

Greed works.

Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.