World Creation Superdraft 7: July 2023

2 hours ago, DShomshak said:

I suspect your great success with Xarn Tarsus led other players to choose darker concepts. I suspected you would try for Something Completely Differerent, and I am not disappointed

Dean Shomshak

Ironically, one of my favorite things from that draft was that Xarn would be ultimately doomed to never achieve his dark goals thanks to a careful interference. It's a fate Tarsus deserved because he was a jerk! But thank you

Aziza stirred from her meditation. Echoes of her siblings' stirring powers reverberated through her Hall of Mirrors.  Something was afoot. So much divine intent could only mean one thing . . . a world was being birthed! Aziza focused her attention toward a dusty little corner of the cosmos . . .Masque, Rancor, Crax . . . Crax? . . . Nagus Sterling, Nadiya, Oeneus, Ceass, Alitheon, Strangecharm. Big sibling Etterskell! What a motley crew to undertake such a thing. Someone would have to ensure everyone properly reflected on their decisions . . .

Aziza, Goddess of Reflection

Aziza.png.ae6edd86bcb410dd3f74b45ce255a4d2.png

Edited by Pattern Ghost

From the scattered remnants of the cataclysm of creation, sparks and embers coalesce, reinforce themselves, and take on an Identity that looms formlessly through all of the physical cosmos.  Not really assembled in a cohesive whole, the Entity accepts a name for Itself from among those names used for some of Its aspects by the first sophonts in the young world, those who first learned to contain bits of It and use It for comfort and craft, yet never really held It in control.  Thoal-Anni'in is that name, and Thoal-Anni'in is the God of Fire.

Edited by Cancer

7 hours ago, Hermit said:

Ironically, one of my favorite things from that draft was that Xarn would be ultimately doomed to never achieve his dark goals thanks to a careful interference. It's a fate Tarsus deserved because he was a jerk! But thank you

Really ?

When I crafted the interference I did not want it to be too powerful and it had to be in keeping with what Tyranny was about.

Granted I went overboard with the rest.

In this multiple world, only Clarkent Kal stands up for champions, adventurers, delvers, and anyone who wants to chase a dream for the greater good. If you are a paladin for the good, fighting a lost cause, putting down a lich in a crypt, and have a cleric to call him, maybe you too can be uplifted by the God of Heroes.

CES   

I can see several alliances and legends forming. Murder and Hatred are an obvious team up but maybe also Murder and Strife and/or Strife and Hatred. Or an Axis of Evil Hatred, Strife and Murder ?

Illumination may team up with Hope to counter the bad guys. But where does Intrigue go ?

Certainly I can see Hope and Strife playing off each other and mayhaps a legend where Murder tries to kill Hope ? 

Be Warned

I have had the idea for Murder since the last draft and was inspired by something that happened in the book series the Malazan Book of the Fallen. Crax is going to do something unspeakable, not to the Gods, but to the world. Your mission should you choose to accept it is to try to do something about it. It cannot be reversed but something can be done about it.

Bonus choices are available as a reward.

We now have 13 players

Look IF you are going to do it, do it seriously.

Pick a portfolio like Love or War but something somebody else is not doing. Look at what other people like Hermit and Old Man are doing, the depth of information they are putting in and the images. That is what you have to compete against and compliment. Remember this is a team event. All the gods are linked. If you do not think you can do it, fine. Watch and enjoy. Don't do it to be cool or point score.

Sociotard is the only person possibly missing.

Edited by death tribble

Once again, this plays with this world’s timeline a little bit. Such is a demigod’s lot in life. 

Nagus Sterling, the Lord of Longing, was restless as he watched the people below. They were so… inefficient. So random. And so wasteful! They needed a little guidance, the kind he was uniquely qualified to give. He knew where it would lead eventually, of course (he was a god after all), but it was all a part of the game. 

Nagus Sterling’s Gift to Civilization is Commerce, money and the knowledge of its use in buying, selling, and the whole field of exchange. Thanks to Etterskell’s influence the world was blessed with multiple currencies scattered throughout the realm, different states, different races, even different cities claimed their own. This created confusion. It would be so much simpler to generate a single system, but confusion would be so much easier to exploit.  

Mission Accomplished Smile GIF by Xbox

Thoal-Anni'in, Lord of Fire, defines the geometry of this world, to suit It and Its Domain.

The World is shaped as a cylinder, and its inhabited portion is the inner surface of a right circular cylinder.  How thick the wall of the cylinder may be is left unspecified, for the sages living on that world to speculate and reason about; it could be that the wall is infinitely thick, and that the entire universe is solid, but for the tubular opening in which the mortals of the world live.

For what is better for Fire ... than a chimney?

:eg:

No joy without a chance of sorrow

Today does not ensure tomorrow

Trouble's sure, no need to borrow

Because the world is broken.

The foolish overcome the clever

The best-laid plans are certain, never

Your life a careless act can sever

But evil luck's no cause to grumble:

Braggarts oft invite a tumble.

Remember even gods can stumble!

Your enemies can also fumble,

Vaunting schemes a fallen jumble:

That's just the way all cookies crumble

No one escapes the power of chance,

And sad or happy circumstance,

So grin and shrug as you advance

And claim your pratfall as your dance!

--A Psalm to Etterskell

Secondary Domain: Accidents

Etterskell didn't mean to break the world. It was an accident. That act made accidents a fundamental part of the new world, which no one can protect against completely.

This does not rule out the possibility of a God of Fate as at least a secondary domain. It may be that some accidents serve a greater plan. But it will take a God to make it so.

Dean Shomshak

3 hours ago, Cancer said:

Thoal-Anni'in, Lord of Fire, defines the geometry of this world, to suit It and Its Domain.

The World is shaped as a cylinder, and its inhabited portion is the inner surface of a right circular cylinder.  How thick the wall of the cylinder may be is left unspecified, for the sages living on that world to speculate and reason about; it could be that the wall is infinitely thick, and that the entire universe is solid, but for the tubular opening in which the mortals of the world live.

For what is better for Fire ... than a chimney?

:eg:

Has Thoal-Anni'in specifically taken action to make this cylinder a singular entity?

Dean Shomshak

Edited by DShomshak