World Creation Superdraft 7: July 2023

“You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may tread me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise." - Sister Maya the blessed

"Don't stop believing, hold onto that feeling" - A Book of Journeys, Chapter 3, Verse 10

"You can't give up hope just because it is hopeless! You gotta hope even more, and cover your ears, and go: "Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah!"" - St. Fry the Deliverer

Secondary Domain Pick: Resilience

621d67b5318aac58012bf59f91412415.jpg

9 minutes ago, Sociotard said:

Request: would any divinities present mind being my god's absentee parent? I'd like to play one who clawed his way up from demigod to full apotheosis as ...

God of Bastards and Neglect.

(Neglect as in he looks out for the neglected and admonishes those neglecting)

Oeneus is the God of casual sex, so, yeah.

Edited by assault

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

Imagine a stone. Cleve that stone exactly in a half. Then take one of the two halves, and cleave it. Continue until you reach the smallest, perfect grain of sand.

Of such is the Chimney World made.

Secondary Domain: Sand

In a vision, Oeneus saw where you can go with this.

Oeneus starts hitting the poppy.

Edited by assault

5 hours ago, Sociotard said:

Request: would any divinities present mind being my god's absentee parent? I'd like to play one who clawed his way up from demigod to full apotheosis as ...

God of Bastards and Neglect.

(Neglect as in he looks out for the neglected and admonishes those neglecting)

I have been waiting to se if you were going to join in.

I needed to think about the domain but as Zeus fathered quite a few children you have a valid claim.

You also could have said that you were orphaned after all there are gods of Murder and Hate and Strife but I did the killing of a God offstage last year.

Enforcer84 surprised me with his second domain but I see what he means.

Nagus Sterling, the Count of Craving, had introduced commerce to the world as his gift and now things would start to happen. Civilization could truly begin. 

You’re welcome.

People didn’t know how to do it well, though. Further guidance was needed so he took to teaching them the joy of profit. Merchants and traders wishing for success in dealings will often build a shrine to Nagus asking begging bargaining for his favor. To say a business or entrepreneur is blessed could be quite literal. 

Secondary domain: Profit! Trade, capitalism, and all that it encapsulates summarized neatly in one simple little word. (This is heavily implied, I think, but I wanted to formalize it.)  

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

8 minutes ago, Hermit said:

THANK you. I was thinking 'So we're in a dark tube? or a Dark Collection of tubes?" (Depending on Multiplicity effects ;) )

I suppose it could still be a well lit collection of tubes.  Though I was really picturing overlapping spheres of high eccentricity.  I know a thing or two about eccentricity.