Impromptu Superdraft II

Many apologies, fellow Herophiles. Here's the selection for today:

Tuesday, March 5th: The Paragon

This is the epitome of what a hero is meant to be. In some way—or in many ways—this hero outshines all others. They're the first among equals, the exemplar, the Big Good, the hero that all the other heroes want to be.

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

Many apologies, fellow Herophiles. Here's the selection for today:

Tuesday, March 5th: The Paragon

This is the epitome of what a hero is meant to be. In some way—or in many ways—this hero outshines all others. They're the first among equals, the exemplar, the Big Good, the hero that all the other heroes want to be.

Chicago! It's got a better live theatre than Bludhaven, and less personal baggage than Gotham. Exactly how a city this big, with a rich history of organized crime and political corruption side by side with great works gets overlooked so often in the superhero set, I'm not sure. Hell of a skyline though, and I consider myself something an expert in those after decades of going on top of some good ones.   What it doesn't have, at least currently, is a team. And if I'm going to take on the threats to Chicago, I'm going to need one.

Clark would try to do it all on his lonesome, and inadvertently inspire others.

Bruce would grumble about amateurs, then bully folks into organizing.

I've learned from both men, been on many teams, and had the pleasure of leading more than a few of them through glorious and hard times. And I know this much: Be there to catch people who are falling, and eventually, they start catching you back when you're the one in the plummet.

Stand up in shadow or in daylight, show that justice has a chance, and, trust good people to BE good, and even if they're not called by the name?

Titans will rise.

Paragon Pick: Nightwing aka Dick Grayson

341132.jpg

And yes, Nightwing is a paragon. He has assembled multiple teams of heroes in times of crisis just by asking nicely.

All right, it's Wednesday morning here. This is your pick for today.

Wednesday, March 6th: The Organization

They aren't necessarily heroes or villains, but they serve an important role in the lives of both. They may have a few notable members, but for the most part one member of the organization is pretty much replaceable with any other. The large majority (or even the entirely) of the organization won't have superpowers, but they may have impressive tech.

Organization: The Men In Black (MIB).

Specifically, a branch of the MIB (one that I am creating here out of whole cloth), the science & technology arm, dubbed Humans In White Labcoats (HIWL).  FNAL is where much of HIWL's investigations into off-world technology, especially those into the exotic physics of interstellar drives and subnuclear power generation, takes place.  Of course, not everyone in HIWL are humans, and almost none of them wear white labcoats most of the time.  Some superheroes are granted affiliate credentials with the HIWL.

The knock on the apartment door was rather early in the morning. It was firm, and not particularly seeking to be quiet. The middle aged man opened the door to see two men in the entry way, wearing matching suits and gloves. They looked close to his age, but it was hard to be sure, for there was an impassivity to it.

"Sir," one said , "You're just the man we were looking for."

"May we come in?" Said the other.

The tenant frowned, "If you guys are from the FBI telling me once more that my daughter 'ran away' but you're searching for her, then I don't want to hear it. She wouldn't 'run away'. Something was rotten with that program. That internship was fishy and I..."

"The FBI?" One gave a too stiff smile, "Oh no, we're not with the FBI"

"Though it is nice to find out they're... on script" The other said.

"We're with the Blue Sun Corporation," They said in Unison.

The worried father backed up, which was a mistake, as the two ... let's call them executives, took this as an invitation to come inside, and did.

One's eyes fell to a coaster on a table, and the can in that coaster, "We see you're a regular customer. WONDERFUL, perhaps we could get you some ...discounts."

"We like to be seen as a ... positive influence here in Chicago and beyond," the second agreed, "But you've made that hard, sir. Very hard."

"Malicious gossip, could be seen as slander" The other said.

"I just want my daughter back!" The man said.

"Oh, yes sir, so does the company. Please, sit down, we'd like you to... listen to something." The first one explained, gesturing to a chair and looking at his companion who was reaching one blue gloved hand into his own pocket to pull out whatever they wanted him to listen to.

Organization: Blue Sun Corporation (In its earliest days on Old Earth that was... from The Firefly setting)

3489502_0.jpg

LIVE LIFE WITH BLUE SUN!

22 hours ago, csyphrett said:

I am picking Shin Hayata, the first Ultraman, as my paragon. Despite being separated from his giant friend at the end of his own run, he has returned time and again to save the day.

CES   

As a side note, the Japanese version suggests that Hayata has no memory of any events between episodes #1 and #39!

Edited by Dr. MID-Nite

1 hour ago, Dr. MID-Nite said:

As a side note, the Japanese version suggests that Hayata has no memory of any events between episodes #1 and #39!

I saw that. The wiki does point out he must have some memories of something because he is able to become Ultraman in later versions of the show helping other Ultramen save the day.

CES 

I am picking the DEO from DC. I don't know what their status is now but at one point they were outside the Task Force X umbrella. That might have changed in the last few years.

CES