Impromptu Superdraft II

2 hours ago, Pariah said:

Here's today's selection.

Thursday, March 7th: Wings

Pretty much what it sounds like. These heroes either have wings, or are somehow associated with someone or something that does. 

So we could draft the Hulk eating Buffalo wings!

Whoops....I forgot I intend to use SHIELD...

S.H.I.E.L.D. - Wikipedia

12 hours ago, csyphrett said:

I saw that. The wiki does point out he must have some memories of something because he is able to become Ultraman in later versions of the show helping other Ultramen save the day.

CES 

I just assumed Ultraman was able to just assume his form in later series just like Ultras like Seven and Mebius had human disguises without literally merging with a person.. Maybe the OG Ultraman just uses that form as a tribute to Hayata. Anyways....way off topic here. LOL

She flew over the city, still irked at her cousin. The environment was important to her, personally, not just as an Atlantean. So when a major American city had requested an ambassador from Atlantis, her cousin had asked her to put her college degree to good use. Was it near the ocean? She had specifically asked about oceans, but oh Namor just said "Miles and miles of coast not so far away"... and THAT is how she got tricked into going to Chicago! Honestly, it wasn't any worse than New York City for pollution, probably better, but while the Great Lakes were, well, great, she still steamed that she had been tricked into signing on before she got the full story. Worse, the Blue Sun Corporation was putting out not so subtle misinformation campaigns that she wasn't sure how to counter. In a more just world, she could have punched their sleazy mouthpiece across the room during that town council meeting when he made comments about Atlantis being a foreign influence uncaring of America's 'needs', as if the USA wasn't also in danger from climate change and so much more!

Imperius Rex but she almost hoped a supervillain would show up. She wanted to hit something, hard!

Sounds of gunfire caught her attention, and she flew down to investigate. Below, a costumed man was tumbling, almost dancing, between bullets with an agility that was rare, even by her no longer a rookie standards! 'Wow'" She thought as he inadvertently turned a very toned back side to her to close on a gunman. He was fighting them with sticks? Well, not like she hadn't seen that before. She looked about for more trouble makers and caught another scumball racing for a vehicle hidden under a tarp. Something was odd about its shape. When he moved the tarp she figured out why. The guy was trying to get into a tank? Where had a street gang or whatever this was gotten a TANK?

Before the guy could lift the hatch, she landed on top of the tank in his way and looked down. The would be tankie blinked, and said "feet?"

"Dainty feet," She declared "Now with new wing action," And she kicked him against a wall to see who would be next.

Winged Pick: Namorita

Namorita-Marvel-Comics-New-Warriors.jpg

Okay, we have roster updates! Because my caffeine situation is uncertain—too much or not enough, I can't say for sure—I've undoubtedly made some errors. Let me know, and I'll fix them.

Great start, everyone!

Look alive, people! It's Friday!

Friday, March 8th: The Primary Antagonist

This is the main villain of the piece. The Big Bad. Their motives may be greedy, nefarious, unholy, or simply misunderstood, but those motives put them in conflict with the heroes. These are organ grinders, not monkeys. 

8 hours ago, Sociotard said:

Paragon: Ted Lasso (coaching the wrong sport again)

Organization: Kingpin's Hellfire Club (Wilson Fisk as White King and Tony Stark as Black King)

Wings: Angel, Warren Worthington III

I came this close to getting Warren 👍

It was but one project, no, one seed, among many. It should not have distracted her from the multitude of other needs pressing on her, always. Ruler-ship, true ruler-ship, was not just the luxuries and ceremony, it was an obligation to greatness. She had her intermediaries, of course. It would have been the height of foolishness to not use such as well as a bureaucratic nightmare.

Still, this should not have required her direct attention.

“You can bring the executive before me now,” She informed her attendant. The attendant then informed the guards outside. The guards outside would inform those keeping the earth man waiting it was time to explain himself and drag him before her. Of course, it would all be quite civilized.

Civilization was what she was trying to gift to the myriad planes of existence. And they would take that gift, and, over time, centuries if need be, they would thank her for it.

The human brought before her most likely considered himself a leader among his trade. He thought he had been a success because of natural acumen, an ‘alpha wolf’ or whatever animal metaphor was in vogue. She wondered if she should show him hundreds of parallel hims. So many of them were nobodies, more than few among the homeless, others among the struggling middle class, the slave tied to a rock? It might humble him.

The man was due for a humbling given his poor operation of things.

“I understand you’re upset,” he began to say.

The guard slammed him to one knee, “You will address the Empress properly, or you will find the education unpleasant.”

Now the executive realized he was not in a democracy. Now he realized he was not facing a peer across a table.

Good.

She held up her hand to forestall any further rough treatment. It was the best way to do it. Make subjects learn that preventing their physical harm was a courtesy, rather than some idealistic imperative, and it could shift perspective.

“Thank you, Guardsman, I am sure that the point is made,” She turned to the man now too afraid to move from his kneeling position, “Isn’t it?”

“Yes,” he stated and quickly included, “Empress.”

Good. Time to reward him, in a way, teach him voiced opinions in her presence were yet another gift, not a constant, “Excellent. Now, explain to me while my orders were not carried out? After all, I own controlling interest in your company. Without my help you would still be merely a novelty soft drink manufacturer. I have elevated you globally, and perhaps soon beyond. So one would think you would trust my vision.”

“But.. but Empress, the Academy program is ahead of schedule. We’ve done all you ask and…”

“No, you haven’t,” The Empress said, “Don’t attract undue attention, I said. Don’t cut corners. The program has done both. You’ve hardly spent any resources in making the enhancement process less painful. I don’t inflicting pain. Pain is a useful tool; it has its place, but not when it causes disobedience rather than quelling it. Why were my instructions for researching dulling the pain of the process not followed?”

“Empress, we’re saving you, the stockholders, a fortune by prioritizing, and time, so much time,” he explained, “And it’s just one girl. She was a success, the others will be too”

“One girl who has escaped,” A narrowing of eyes, “one girl with power. Yes, I am aware your agents are seeing to her father. But the point remains, had you made sure things were gentler, as I directed, the girl would not have been driven to desperation to the point where she broke out of your rather lack luster security and became a major threat to a leak who, if she should be exposed to the champions of your world, will tell a tale of monstrosity, rather than be the shining beacon herself of a better future I intended. You really think,” She settled onto her throne, one crafted of some of the rarest materials in most universes, “That I care for what YOU call a fortune compared to that? As for time, I have it. Had it. You have tried to rush my schedule for empowerment, and in so doing, put my vision at risk.”

“We’ll find her,” he swore, “We’ll find her, Empress. And win her over. Even should she escape, she IS just one girl. She won’t be enough to spill the beans.”

The Empress knew he was wrong. All it takes to upset the perfect plan was a single anomaly and what they called superheroes. It had foiled her before.

“Well, you have convinced me of one thing,” She said dryly “It IS just one girl. “ She raised her scepter, “You have two daughters, yourself don’t you?”

“I…” his face paled “yes. But…”

“If you don’t find the runaway within, oh, let’s say, fifteen of your earth days, one of your daughters will be entered into the program in her stead. Now, of course, if you want to continue ‘saving me money’ or ‘speeding things up’ she might be in a bit of pain herself, but as you said, it IS just one girl.”

“Please,” he almost whimpered. Ah, there it was. The recognition that all his power, all his influence, was ephemeral when taken to a larger scale, “Please, Empress.”

“Do not whine, I detest whining,” She informed him “Particularly from those in leadership positions such as yours. You should WANT your daughter to undergo it.” She told him, “She would be part of a glorious future for your lonely little reality.”

One, the Empress thought, where after years of research, telepathic agents not loyal to the company, but rather their true sovereign behind the scenes would make most typical ‘superheroes’ obsolete. Then her new psychic troops were in great enough number, they would use their powers to find the identities and lairs of all the heroes and villains that might oppose her next bed. They would be removed in the shadows, with most none the wiser.

And when next Empress V’han’s armada came, and the humans turned to their “NEW” superheroes of the future? They would find what they thought of as Champions were hers, mind, body, and soul. A 5th column movement of this scale was unheard of, but you didn’t get to rule a billion dimensions by dreaming small.

The Primary Antagonist : Istvatha V'han

latest?cb=20100614161606