Impromptu Superdraft II

All right, give this one a spin.

Saturday, March 9th: The GM's Nightmare

Ever had a player bring a character into a campaign that threatened to break it? Maybe they had a bizarre and/or wholly unrelated power suite, or maybe they were grossly overpowered compared to the rest of the party. Maybe the character was built to bend rules and exploit loopholes. Or maybe they were just a horrible fit for the campaign. Look for a character like this in published fiction and draft them.

2 hours ago, Pariah said:

All right, give this one a spin.

Saturday, March 9th: The GM's Nightmare

Ever had a player bring a character into a campaign that threatened to break it? Maybe they had a bizarre and/or wholly unrelated power suite, or maybe they were grossly overpowered compared to the rest of the party. Maybe the character was built to bend rules and exploit loopholes. Or maybe they were just a horrible fit for the campaign. Look for a character like this in published fiction and draft them.

Wooof, that's gonna be a tricky one.

The tank had been the most glaring example of military grade tech among the street gang, but not the only. Nightwing dodges a lot, but when the grenade was thrown at him, he moved fast, not to avoid it, but to catch it, "Namorita, either throw it out of rooftop range, or fall on it if you think you can take it! I prefer the former!" And he smoothly passed it to her in a throw  of a device that any second might go off!

Namorita snagged it smoothly, flew up and threw, putting all her might into it. Between her rapid ascent and the throw that could have hurled the tank below let alone a grenade ; It went over the rooftops, and giving that Chicago was THE mother of a lot of skyscrappers, that meant really really far! It exploded above the top floors, the concussive force still making several windows shudder, and cracking one. It sure beat the alternative.  She hovered only a moment to make sure there was no real threat to anyone, then flew back down to help finish off the last of the goons with access to such severe army surplus.

Instead, she found Nightwing victorious, the last of the enemy laid out cold.

"Who are you," She asked, "And how do you know about what I can or can't do? I'm not that famous a hero" She was wary.

"Name's Nightwing," he responded, "And my old mentor made me read files on just about every superhero there is." He didn't mention Bruce's tendency to write down things like psychological profiles and vulnerabilities, "Thanks for the help, by the way. I need to interogate these guys and find out where they got their gear, track down their suppliers. I've been thinking of getting a super team while in Chicago. Not to come on too strong, but you interested?"

Namorita put her hands on her hips and tilted her head, then said "I've been asked more rudely at other times. I'll consider it. This does look like serious... "

A flash of light spread erupted from nowhere, and a vehicle appeared charging towards them at close to 88 mph, but trying, TRYING to hit the brakes! Flame trailed the road behind it. Nightwing leaped out of the way, carrying a defeated enemy with him to save both their lives. Namorita braced and set her winged feet on the ground...

Fortunately the driver slowed it down further, preventing her 'catch' from crumpling the front part of the silver vehicle entirely. Small lingering electric arcs danced about.

"Is this... " She tried to make a guess, "A DMC DeLorean?"  She wasn't big on cars but she had dated guys who were into fixing some rare models.

The car doors flew open, and a disheveled man with unkempt white hair and a labcoat came out, "Rita, Dick, Thank goodness I got the coordinates right! Don't get side tracked, the gangs with military equipment? A red herring!  "

Nightwing was alarmed. He was glad to see none of the gang they just put down was awake enough to have heard his secret ID first name being thrown around "It's Nightwing, and who the hell are you?"

"Oh right right, let me get this out while I can," The scientist rambled, "I've been the future. Superheroes are going to be wiped out in an 'order number six' kind of way by a telepathic fifth column that hopes to replace you all, then will surrender the Earth to an extradimensional dictator. It's all linked under Blue Sun. We have to  find the girl, save her, save the world!" A beat "Hey, that's catchy!"

"Time travel?" Namorita made a face, "I hate time travel."

"Me too," Nightwing nodded, "Okay, again, WHO are you? And WHAT dictator? What girl?"

"Doctor Emmet Brown, and I'm here to save the future from ..."

From another rooftop, a new attack began, aimed at one Doc Brown!

GM's Nightmare: Doc Brown (From the Back to the Future Franchise!)

31d39df5a234337e4e1e58d638cccba4.jpg

Time travelers are often a GM Nightmare