Impromptu Superdraft II

Okay, I may be cheating on this one.. let me know.

It does say related to the hero....

Bugs:  Clarise Starling (Silence of the Lambs)

Clarise solved her first major case when she discovered the Death's Head Moth in Buffalo Bill's place.  She does have a moth on her face on the movie poster...

I know it was a stretch, but the thought of Clarise and Scully working together was just too much to ignore, and the category that would really work just has not been coming up.

Timeless Horror: The 25th Anniversary of "The Silence of the Lambs" |  Features | Roger Ebert

"We have a problem in Chicago."

"Rent is too damned high?"

"No, possible Kryptonian"

"Request permission to start my vacation... off planet"

"Denied."

"If there IS a Kryptonian, how I am I supposed to handle that??"

"Do what you always do, find a group of disposable people in Spandex to help"

"You mean superheroes, like me? Thanks, thanks a lot."

"Enjoy Chicago, Jessica":

"Eat me" But she got ready for her flight

Bug Pick: Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman

Spider-Woman-668x1024.jpg

Gwenpool’s real name (in character) is Gwendolyn Poole, not Gwen Stacy. If that helps. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwenpool

If still not allowed due to similarity as Gwenpool is based on Gwen Stacy, then I’ll draft Peter Parker, as he might fit my story better (as I need someone with a camera). 

Edited by Bazza

Happy Wednesday!

Wednesday, March 13th: The MacGuffin

This is some object that drives the story. It could be a jewel-encrusted bird statue, or a lost relic, or a glove with a bunch of little rocks in it, or a stolen piece of super-tech. It might even be some cute little critter who's actually half a century old. Whatever. It doesn't actually matter what the MacGuffin is, just that the story revolves around it.

9 hours ago, Bazza said:

Gwenpool’s real name (in character) is Gwendolyn Poole, not Gwen Stacy. If that helps. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwenpool

If still not allowed due to similarity as Gwenpool is based on Gwen Stacy, then I’ll draft Peter Parker, as he might fit my story better (as I need someone with a camera). 

As long as she's a different person than Gwen Stacy, she's allowed. 👍

1 hour ago, csyphrett said:

I am two picks behind. I am going with All for one as my secondary antagonist, and the Blue Beetle as a bug man

CES

Which Blue Beetle? There's Dan Garret, Ted Kord, and Jaime Reyes. I'm a fan of all three so I'm curious ;)

4 hours ago, Pariah said:

Happy Wednesday!

Wednesday, March 13th: The MacGuffin

This is some object that drives the story. It could be a jewel-encrusted bird statue, or a lost relic, or a glove with a bunch of little rocks in it, or a stolen piece of super-tech. It might even be some cute little critter who's actually half a century old. Whatever. It doesn't actually matter what the MacGuffin is, just that the story revolves around it.

Our next pick from the Champions Universe setting... and a big compnent in how Blue Sun is making psychic warriors that they also enslave

MacGuffin Pick: Psi Serum

n6cfKS.jpg

Ding Ding

Agent Dana Scully pushed the glass door into the Double R Diner, looking around through her sunglasses.  The air was fresh.  The scent of pine filled the air.  It was not like Washington, D.C., from where she had just spent several days departing from.  She glanced around the quaint coffee shop, feeling a touch lost.

"Welcome to the Double R Diner.  I am Norma.  Could I bring you a cup of coffee?"

"Actually, I am Special Agent Dana Scully of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. I need directions to the local hotel, the..." Scully paused to look at her notes, "Great Northern Hotel."

"FBI?" said Norma.  "Then you absolutely need to have a cup of coffee.  And let me bring you a piece of our cherry pie."

Norma turned immediately and went to the kitchen.

"Wait...I..."

Scully was too late.  Realizing that she was going to have to sample the local cuisine, she took a seat at the counter.  Scully pulled out her laptop and began typing some notes.

I have arrived at Twin Peaks, Washington.  I received a call from Agent Starling, a fellow agent I've worked with a few other times, hoping that I could bring my knowledge from the X-Files to this case.  Although it is actually my normal partner who has the expertise for this case, but he was unavailable.  Agent Starling did make mention of a killing that sparked my interest.

March, 1986, Hawkins, Indiana.  Several high school aged children were killed in a short stretch of time in very gruesome manners.  Arms and legs bent and broken in a terrible contortion.  Several victims appeared, but, as quickly as they appeared, it stopped.  I had to dive deep into the X-Files to find the references to this case.

Agent Starling claims that the killing have begun again in Twin Peaks.

"Here you go, Agent Scully," said Norma, setting the cherry pie in front of the red-headed agent, "Every FBI agent who has ever come through here has raved about our cherry pie."  Norma pours out a cup of hot coffee before Scully, who stares with a disbelief at the oddity of the situation.

"How many FBI agents have come to Twin Peaks?" she asked.

"Oh, there have been a few," said Norma.  "I can direct you to the Great Northern as soon as you are ready."

"Thank you," said Scully, taking a bite of the pie up onto her fork.  As she closes her mouth around the cherry goodness, a sly smile crosses her face and her eyes bulged with the treat.  "That is one damn fine piece of pie."

"I've heard that before," said Norma.