TV Superheroes

farik

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Artie from Pete and Pete - I'm surprised Chromatic didn't say that, he "threatened" to play it in one of our games. Good Mysteryman candidate.

Also, there was a Nickelodeon show where this girl could go virtually invisible (turned into a sort of semi-solid substance IIRC) and "fought" against this evil corporation locally that her father worked at. I thought Melanie Chartoff was on it but that doesn't show on her IMDB page and I can't remember the title - maybe someone else can?

MASH?! Yes!

Radar was a precog.

He could tell when something was going to happen and what it was, sometimes several minutes before the fact. I think the mental power of Precognition counts as a superpower, even if it wasn't used for superheroic reasons..

Mags

"Da Master List" which names only the shows, leaves much to be desired. Better to list them by character and team names.

And: the Trickster was in comics books? Hmm. Didn't know that... I thought the character was created for Mark Hammill. Shows what I know.

Originally posted by Magmarock

Radar was a precog.

He could tell when something was going to happen and what it was, sometimes several minutes before the fact. I think the mental power of Precognition counts as a superpower, even if it wasn't used for superheroic reasons..

Actually he sensed the approach of death. It's part of the necromancer package deal.

One more show to add...

Ultaviolet: Brits vs. Vampires with a hidden agenda. Correct me if it started as a comic/movie/bathroom grafitti/book.

Golden Years was based on a Stephen King Story in fact I think it was originally titled "Stephen King's Golden Years"

As far as the Trickster being based in comics yes he was. He was the Flash's cheap version of the Joker the character has even been revived in the last year (of the comic) when a punk kid stole his gadgets from the Flash museum and adopted his crime legacy.

In reference to Time Trax his superhuman ability was due to "evolution" physical and social. He repeatedly explained it by comparing how much "healthier" 20th century people were than 19th century people. By the way I think he would still belong on this list since I mentioned the contempoary setting is one of the criteria I use regardless of origin setting.

Re: MASH?! Yes!

Originally posted by Magmarock

Radar was a precog.

Mags

"Da Master List" which names only the shows, leaves much to be desired. Better to list them by character and team names.

And: the Trickster was in comics books? Hmm. Didn't know that... I thought the character was created for Mark Hammill. Shows what I know.

I will do what I can, far as characters, although the character(s) are named in the title or were the main characters.

About Cpl. Walter 'Radar' O'Reilly, yes he is, but does not fit the restriction of a exclusive TV origin, which M*A*S*H was based on a film of the same name, btw Gary Burghoff was the only actor from the film to play in the series.

The Trickster appeared in Flash, The (Vol 1) #113 July 1960 which is way before the series.

Let's see, what other TV characters can I think of here...

For starters, there's the father-and-son team from Blacke's Magic

(Hal Linden and Harry Morgan; a magician and retired con-artist,

respectively); Christopher George's character from The Immortal

(IIRC, the character's name was Ben Richards); David Rappaport's

character from The Wizard and, finally, the android police-

man HAVEN from Future Cop.

Space Cadet :cool:

Originally posted by zornwil

Artie from Pete and Pete - I'm surprised Chromatic didn't say that, he "threatened" to play it in one of our games. Good Mysteryman candidate.

(smacks head) How could I forget him?

Artie, the strongest man......in the wierld!

And who says that threat has been completely averted?

I just might follow the Captian-Sprite-Neumann-???'s player's suit.....

nah, I still have 7 more forms to figure out.

(still not satisfied with animated avatar, feh)

Re: Re: MASH?! Yes!

Originally posted by Nightmask

About Cpl. Walter 'Radar' O'Reilly, yes he is, but does not fit the restriction of a exclusive TV origin, which M*A*S*H was based on a film of the same name, btw Gary Burghoff was the only actor from the film to play in the series.

But we still have the maybe/maybe not psychics Phoebe Figalilly (Nanny and the Professor) and Daphne Moon Crane (Fraiser).

Another Thought

Does anyone remember the Holmes and Yo-Yo TV show (I know that I was doomed never to forget it).

Holmes was a cop whose new partner, Gregory Yoyonovitch (aka Yo-Yo) was a robot. Had such great powers as the ability to take polaroid photos by pressing his nose.

Re: Another Thought

Originally posted by bcholmes

Does anyone remember the Holmes and Yo-Yo TV show (I know that I was doomed never to forget it).

Holmes was a cop whose new partner, Gregory Yoyonovitch (aka Yo-Yo) was a robot. Had such great powers as the ability to take polaroid photos by pressing his nose.

I was going to post that, but wasn't sure if that was the name. John Schuck played Yoyo (I think that's the spelling). He also had an opening/panel in his chest. Used to like that show.

Originally posted by Jhamin

Ultrawoman and Dynagirl[that's Electrawoman and DynaGirl fro the Kroft Supershow]

The Power Rangers[Which ones? MM? PR XEO? PR Turbo? PR in Space?PR lost Galaxy? Lightspeed Rescue? WildForce?Ninja Storm, or the newest one Dino Thunder?}

The Bionic Man

The Bionic Woman

Jake 2.0

Sam Beckett from Quantum Leap (EDM: Time, No Conscious control, only within own lifetime)

The Sentinal

[with enhanced senses?}

here's Some you might not remember,

Captain Scarlet of S.P.E.C.T.R.U.M.[Captain Scarlet and the Mysterians]

Ace Venture[The Magician]

Princess Tenko[Tenko and the Guardians of the Magic]

Tony Blake[The Magician]

Originally posted by zornwil

Also, there was a Nickelodeon show where this girl could go virtually invisible (turned into a sort of semi-solid substance IIRC) and "fought" against this evil corporation locally that her father worked at. I thought Melanie Chartoff was on it but that doesn't show on her IMDB page and I can't remember the title - maybe someone else can?

It's "The Secret World Of Alex Mack" Amigo,

made it's debut waaaay back in the late 80's early 90's

don't forget : The Journey of Allan Strange

Team Knight Rider

Animorphs

The "Attack of the Mutant"episode from

GOOSEBUMPS.

:cool:

Re: Acceptable...?

Originally posted by Nightmask

Human Target

The Human Target was a DC Comic before it was a TV show, I believe.

Also, some others that jumped into my head:

- The Phoenix with Judson Scott

- The Powers of Matthew Starr

Both of those were pretty bad shows.

Re: Another Thought

Originally posted by bcholmes

I am similarly cursed with the memory.

Originally posted by PhantomGM6101

It's "The Secret World Of Alex Mack" Amigo,

made it's debut waaaay back in the late 80's early 90's

don't forget : The Journey of Allan Strange

Team Knight Rider

Animorphs

The "Attack of the Mutant"episode from

GOOSEBUMPS.

:cool:

Cool, thanks, neither my wife nor I could remember, and couldn't figure out a good enough clue to make the web search worthwhile. Much appreciated.