Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

Unfortunately, when I see breasts drawn like that, I don't think "What an amazing rack!" It is distracting, but not because it reminds me of what real-life hot women look like. Balloon boobs look to me like the same sort of perspective/proportion distortion as Liefeld art's tiny little feet or the Bratz girls' giant heads.

I do like that Hawkgirl has some definition to her arms and looks like she could actually carry the mace. The hair actually looks better in the mask-less version, because the cowl really should be flattening things a bit.

If I haven't said it before, one's fantasies don't always work well when translated to real life. As a depiction of someone who's sexual dimorphism has been exaggerated, she's fine. In the real world, she'd be, at best, a circus freak. I like catgirls, too, but I've never met one. I suspect the "real thing" (should some mad scientist ever try to make one) would be just freakish, at least until one could become accustomed to her looks.

pass along that redhawk got repped too will you?

Nexus, I have long admired Chris' work. Glad to see some more

Thanks guys! All the positive comments are well appreciated. I feel like I should explain why I'm posting them. A few years ago, Chris ran into some trouble when he posted some of work and a few jerks took it on themselves to harass him about it. It was just a couple out of allot of overall appreciation but they were really aggressive about it, even sending insulting emails so he's been pretty gun shy about posting work in public under his accounts. Understandably he doesn't want to be harassed again.

He's been kind of enough to do allot of work for our various Champions and other rpgs I'd like to post more but some of it wouldn't pass muster for board standards.

If I haven't said it before' date=' one's fantasies don't always work well when translated to real life. As a depiction of someone who's sexual dimorphism has been exaggerated, she's fine. In the real world, she'd be, at best, a circus freak. I like catgirls, too, but I've never met one. I suspect the "real thing" (should some mad scientist ever try to make one) would be just freakish, at least until one could become accustomed to her looks.[/quote']

Staff, check out the "Felicia"-series combat bioroid built by Biotech Euphrates in GURPS Transhuman Space. It is described as a lithe anthropomorphic cat-person. One assumes there are female models.

Thanks guys! All the positive comments are well appreciated. I feel like I should explain why I'm posting them. A few years ago, Chris ran into some trouble when he posted some of work and a few jerks took it on themselves to harass him about it. It was just a couple out of allot of overall appreciation but they were really aggressive about it, even sending insulting emails so he's been pretty gun shy about posting work in public under his accounts. Understandably he doesn't want to be harassed again.

He's been kind of enough to do allot of work for our various Champions and other rpgs I'd like to post more but some of it wouldn't pass muster for board standards.

yeah, I've seen the same thing from time to time, not about my art which...I have no delusions, but other people's who are talented and put some effort into it. you can't stop the rude from being so. And it's too bad that Chris ran into some jerks that have made it their personal crusade to insult people for their art. I'd wager the jerks in question do not draw themselves.

[ATTACH]31804[/ATTACH]

This is Angelshark. She is a member of Force Aquarius. She,along with Lamprey, were members of the Aquaficer's strike team called the Sharkmen when they were captured by Force Aquarius. Both joined up after an attempt to kill them by their former boss was thwarted by the supersub's personnel. Angelshark has the unusual ability to run on the ocean floor far faster than anyone can swim and can tunnel into it to evade capture or predators. She also possesses vast Ego powers which compliment her spy skills. Since she was in the employ of an enemy force, she is watched very closely by the crew.

• 2 weeks later...

I've already posted this here along with a few other covers (and pencils of those covers), but I thought you guys would get a "kick" outta it, so I'm posting it here. :)

Haymaker! #48: Taste of the Orient (cover art):

attachment.php?attachmentid=31897&d=1245910680

Three heroes against an army of ninja-wannabe mooks. Obviously, they cannot fail. :thumbup:

Nice one, GoldenAge!

• 3 weeks later...

Draft 1

Sorry I haven't responded in a while but I'm preparing events for GenCon.

The skin color is right but is more of a midnight blue hue. Her hair is white as is her cape. Her outfit is black with silver braclets and shin guards and a old gold belt. From her sholders to her chest and along the sides of her legs is what's meant to look like Garnet crystal. The "Heart of the World" in the background is a lot better than what I had in mind which was more like large lava lamp-type effect against glacial ice.

I see you haven't lost your touch.

I saw your picture and I liked it. So much so that I did this. I took a few liberties with the costume and had no idea about powers. But I hope it is passible.

Wow. Now *that* is cool. I'm someone who can't draw to save a life, so I do appreciate good work. :D

Bloodbird is primarily an energy projector whose primary defenses are 25% Resistant DR and Regeneration. (I really should finish the update to 5E and post her sometime.)

Sorry for the huge delay — I'm still playing catch-up after my previous computer died.

Here are character portraits for one of my past characters and one of the other PCs in the group. Both characters originally looked human; their current forms resulted from participating in the adventure Terror in the Treasures (from AC #3).

Leopardess (formerly Detroit Shield) — an officer of the Detroit PD who gained powers as a teleporting energy projector after an industrial chemical accident. The original abilities have been largely replaced by more feline-specific powers after an encounter with the Orb of Power.

Weaver (no name change) — a super-powered juvenile delinquent that Leopardess had been put in charge of after Weaver had been sentenced to community service as a superhero trainee. Weaver's powers weren't altered as much by the physical alterations wrought by the Orb. (She was an egoist/energy projector mix, if memory serves.)

Here are character portraits for one of my past characters and one of the other PCs in the group. Both characters originally looked human; their current forms resulted from participating in the adventure Terror in the Treasures (from AC #2).

Leopardess (formerly Detroit Shield) — an officer of the Detroit PD who gained powers as a teleporting energy projector after an industrial chemical accident. The original abilities have been largely replaced by more feline-specific powers after an encounter with the Orb of Power.

Weaver (no name change) — a super-powered juvenile delinquent that Leopardess had been put in charge of after Weaver had been sentenced to community service as a superhero trainee. Weaver's powers weren't altered as much by the physical alterations wrought by the Orb. (She was an egoist/energy projector mix, if memory serves.)

Great pics and love the poses! :thumbup:

I especially like Leopardess. She has a great female body without being too exaggerated if you know what I mean.

Agreed. Paula's art for the two fit perfectly. Leopardess's physical size didn't change very much upon being transformed into a feline. Weaver—on the other paw—gained some 2 feet or so of height, and other physical attributes increased accordingly.

For a look at artwork she's produced more recently:

http://nachtwulf.deviantart.com/

(I was also very lucky with the art for these two characters, I've got the originals.)