Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: character image

Originally posted by drrushing

tell me what you think. This is a picture of my current Champions character: Nightwatch. It's a simple pencil drawing and colored with Berol Prismacolor pencils.

Not bad at all. Man, I wish I had half the talent you guys who draw these pics do. Keep up the good work.;)

Originally posted by Mangog

Porpoise color

Mangog, your art is just fantastic. Why aren't you doing freelance work for Hero?

I cannot wait to see the rest of the Aquarians drawn and colored. I have not yet used them in my campaign, but plan to if you end up coloring all of them. Keep up the good work!

Re: character images

This is a fantasy inspired picture, I called: DragoniteWizard

Its a very nice piece. The serpentine fluidity gives it a nice flow. Normally I don't like profile shots that much but here it has almost a heraldic quality. Good job.

If you want a critque, put something in the background, a horizon line at minimum.

Polaris, very nice like the costume, like the pose, (the lower extremity energy effect) and, in contrast to what I said about DragoniteWiz, I like the free floating lack of a background.

Nightwatch: Beautiful, nice design, nice prisma work. Keep posting

Well, people have started to download my posted images...........I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks again

I really like your work. The Polaris and Dragon Pics especialy (the other one is a bit too dark to see clearly) but I really dig your shading tecnique, that's one of the things I wish I had a better handel on. Keep up the good work and wecome to the thread.

WC

Re: character image

tell me what you think. This is a picture of my current Champions character: Nightwatch. It's a simple pencil drawing and colored with Berol Prismacolor pencils.

I really like it. The character looks pretty intense. Liked the Polaris image as well

Well, people have started to download my posted images...........I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks again

Okay, Nightwatch seems very Nightthrasher to me, which is fine, because I used to be a big New Warriors fan :) I like the color touches of red and blue, without them, he'd be way too dark.

Polaris has a fantastic costume, I love how the three colors work together to enhance the chest emblem. There is some loss of detail for the hands, but that only seems to make sense given the energy around it would obscure it some.

character images

Great.................thank you all for your input, I do appreciate it. I do understand that some are just interested in viewing(and downloading), that's just the way it is. But for all that have responded, thanks again, if anyone has ideas, techniques or other topics to discuss about art, please post again. Here's another character of mine, from a 3rd Ed. AD&D game, my half-orc barbarian Taurin Maur.

shading of character images

Wildcat-

I haven't had any experience with computerized graphics. All my work is strictly by hand. On that tip, a good set of colored pencils is invaluable.(my favorite is Berol Prismacolor) One trick that I started with was using poseable figures(I preferred the small GI Joe figures). I would take a lamp, place it whereever I wanted my lightsource to come from, and then do a thumbnail sketch with the shading emphasized. You can always start off with very light colors and add depth and richness as you go. For more extreme contrast, the portions of the body closest to the light source may appear white, or a very pale, washed out color of the underlying costume or surface. I don't know if that helps in any way, but good luck. Other than that, as numerous artists at conventions have told me...........PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.(sighhhhhhhh, there's really no way around it.)

Re: Re: Aquans

Originally posted by Wildcat

Daaammn Mangog you SO Rock at coloring. This looks awsome Did you use Photoshop? and if so please let me now how your shading, I'd love to learn how you do it.

WC

I do use photoshop. Everything I've posted here has been pencils that I adjust the levels on so that the line is black and the highlight white. The I create a new layer that I set to 'darken only' (the colors I use won't be darker that black). I select areas on the original layer using the Magic Wand or the Lasso (the lines of the drawing are usually heavy enough to make this pretty quick work). Using the selections as masks, I paint from light to dark on the new layer.

Here's a character of mine from a 2nd Ed. DragonQuest game from 1988.(Does anyone even remember that game?) The picture is that old.............when I scanned it and saved it came out a bit blurry. But what the heck, tell me what you think anyway.

Very sharp :)

character image

Hi again,

This is my wife's character: Bombshell. I drew this character and deliberately added about 4 cup sizes and spike heels. Needless to say she wasn't impressed, but for entertainments sake I thought I'd post it. I redrew this character for her, same uniform, different proportions. She was much happier with the reimagining. Here it is: Bombshell