The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Yeah, it's starting to sound more and more like food poisoning. I hope that's what it is because I don't want to be contagious. Ate a few more crackers for breakfast and staggered in to the office for a webinar, and then the phones stopped working. I fkn own this thread atm.

Snowfall around here yesterday & last night; highly local. At my workplace near downtown, the only snow you see is on cars driven in from elsewhere. At my house 9 road miles north, there was 3 or 4 inches on the ground. The next county north is just about shut down by snow. And, the mountain passes were closed, after a 60-car pileup.

I like snow. I do. I've been complaining that we haven't had real winter. So when we got about a foot of snow this past weekend, I was glad. I like snow. However, being that we might get as much as 20" of snow between now and tomorrow night . . . I'm thinking maybe I don't like snow quite that much.

I like snow. I do. I've been complaining that we haven't had real winter. So when we got about a foot of snow this past weekend' date=' I was glad. I like snow. However, being that we might get as much as 20" of snow between now and tomorrow night . . . I'm thinking maybe I don't like snow quite that much.[/quote']

Braggart! ;)

I saw a car with snow on it last night. I'm guessing it drove down from Mt. Diablo, as there was nothing approching snow in Concord proper.

Snow isn't all that bad, but it is an infrequent enough occasion here -- and the drivers are sufficiently inexpert -- that when it happens it causes real problems (like 60-car pileups on the pass :straight:). We've had three multi-inch snowfalls here this winter, which is uncommon and annoying.

Yesterday I was moving stuff while it was snowing. At least it wasn't sticking like it did Monday, when Reno got covered with the stuff. Freezing wind as well, but since I was moving furniture and such, I was actually warm.

My crankiness right now has everything with my mom. Two more days and I get to go home again after six weeks.

Yeah' date=' it's starting to sound more and more like food poisoning. I hope that's what it is because I don't want to be contagious. Ate a few more crackers for breakfast and staggered in to the office for a webinar, and then the phones stopped working. I fkn [i']own[/i] this thread atm.

I had food poisoning for two days end of last year. Fortunately, i got to stay home. I'd have hated to be at work.

D

All the nasty weather missed us, but we did lose power yesterday evening. Which after working the extra time to put the quarter to bed wasn't very pleasant.

I was looking forward to curling up in my chair and vegging. Instead I had to keep my neurotic dog calm.

Fortunately, I went to bed at 8:00, so that's not too bad.

D

Your mom still acting out?

Oh yea. At least my mom is now at the Assisted Living place, where she knows some people. A furniture auction place is coming by today to pick up the rest of the antique furniture and a junk clearing company will be getting anything else left in the house.

Tomorrow night, I get to sleep in a hotel since we'll throw anything else into the storage unit and Sunday I get to go home.

I had food poisoning for two days end of last year. Fortunately' date=' i got to stay home. I'd have hated to be at work.[/quote']

Yeah, this one hit in the middle of a meeting with a customer. Fortunately I made it to their bathroom in time. Still embarrassing though.

Still got a tummyache but otherwise I'm okay. What a crummy week.

Yeah' date=' this one hit [i']in the middle of a meeting with a customer.[/i] Fortunately I made it to their bathroom in time. Still embarrassing though.

Still got a tummyache but otherwise I'm okay. What a crummy week.

Was it food that they provided?

I am pretty fed-up with the Oklahoma wind. That whole "wind comes sweeping down the planes" thing. It has been well over a week since the winds dropped below an average of 20 mph at all. Even at night it is staying windy. We've had gusts up to 50 mph several days of the last week. Darn it! I got fertilizer and pre-emergent I'd like to put down but it'll just blow away if I try it now. The forecast is for the winds to persist until at least Monday, when I'll go back to work and not have time to do yard work.

Once again, I face the Impossible Choice: if I leave my wife, I leave my kids too.

Is it too much to ask to be treated with some respect? Is it too much to ask to be allowed to have a little dignity? Evidently, yes, it is.

:help:

GOD I hate when one of my flimsy plastic plates falls on the drying heat bar of the dishwasher. By the time I smell burning plastic it's too late to prevent its being throughout the place. Having to air out your place when it's 33 degrees sucks, and I HATE the smell. Ugh. I really should ditch those plates. They are supposed to be disposables, but they are so convenient for the microwave. Maybe since this is the second time that's happened I will ditch them. Bleah ! :idjit: