Goofy hero names that you still love

proditor

Re: Goofy hero names that you still love

I once made up a gnome jester for D&D named Hool (of the clan O'Hoop). Nobody would ever let me use him in a game... :D

The last Champions character I got to use more than once was a new addition to a campaign that had gotten a bit dark. Partly to offset that, and partly because I'd been reading too much "Power of Shazam" I came up with Captain Atlas. He was strong, he flew, and he was very 1950s.

• 4 months later...

I just remember a charater a friend of mine ran for a Champions campain. He was a worker for a fried chicken chain, who was given mascot duty one day, and then foled up a roberie while wearing his mascot costume. He eventuly started slowly losing his mind, dressing up in his mascot costume, and hitting villians over the head with his Tongs Of Deep Fried Doom. His name, El Loco Poyo (The Crazy Chicken), which was also the name of the place he worked.

Alright...who ordered the extra crispy villian, served on a roll with ranch dressing?

One of my old players in days gone by had a scientific blaster.

His only actual superpower was a high degree of resistance to chemical or biological attacks. In order to compete in a superfight he rigged up a backpack & sprayer that shot streams of acid, viscous tar, laughing gas, fast-acting bacteria, and other such things at the bad guys.

He actually had the distinctive feature: "leaves a trail of slime wherever he goes". He was an absent minded professor type in secret ID, so that didn't seem too out of place in his civilian life.

His name? Dr. Toxin

My first super character was in V&V. Lynx. A canadian martial artist type, sort of. High dex, high Con, and iirc he had 2 levels of the power that gave you more damage on all attacks. He hit pretty hard.

We re-booted, I made another version of a "lynx" character. I had rolled ANimal powers...

He had a high dex, a VERY high con, claws, fairly hight strength... IIRC he was hit by our brick(Marionette was a B@#%$), knocked through several doors, and not even slowed down really.

I made a character named "Grey Venger"- a martial artist with ancestral

armor. -- OK, I never claimed to be good at naming supers!

I had a nazi super villain team that included "Waffen Corpse" (Sort of a lich meets the SS necromancer) and "The Grand Teutons" (Twin Growth based bricks)' date=' among others.[/quote']

Too funny! Rep for you!

KA.

I once played a martial artist character I made up waaaayyyy back in 3rd Edition Champions.

His name?

Captain Karate

(which should be said with a lot of pride, maybe with some reverb and echo for best effect)

Well, I was only a teen at the time, but I still remember the name all these many years later. :)

I recall the name of a supervillain I created for a Golden Age campaign that never quite managed to get off the ground. A german spy who's father was killed by an American in the great war, who desperately wanted revenge and sought to destroy the United States in the name of Nazi Germany. Pretending to be an American criminal mastermind, he intended to manipulate America's criminal element as a weapon against America.

His name....Professor Peril!

I once ran a DnD 3E character he permanently resides in my personal hall of fame. He was a dwarven paladin with Weapon Focus/Weapon Specialization/etc/etc in a magical greatsword, hailing from the rolling-green hills of the Highlands, destined to become immortal with each defeat of his enemies...

Needless to say, when my DM gave my character the once over, he didn't realize the eerie similarity my character had with another, more famous Scottish one.

The name "Sir ConHerr Ma'Cloud" didn't jog his memory either.

Ahh...poor, poor DM. We players had such fun screwing with his mind. Cthulhu would be proud.