Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Halloween is a fun holiday. It's a hoot. Costumes, Candy, and scary fun. There's less pressure for it than there is on Christmas , less stress.

So it is irritating that Christma$ (As opposed to actual Christmas) gets shoved down our collective throats ASAP.

Halloween is a fun holiday. It's a hoot. Costumes, Candy, and scary fun. There's less pressure for it than there is on Christmas , less stress.

So it is irritating that Christma$ (As opposed to actual Christmas) gets shoved down our collective throats ASAP.

Amen. My wife was in the Hallmark store the other day shopping for this year's christmas ornaments. We haven't even gotten everything together for Halloween yet.

Meanwhile, my fave holiday is Thanksgiving. Nothing commercial about it, just food and family. Or food and friends, if your family sucks.

... ... It's reproduction time! :)

Another one for the "Quotes Taken out of Context" list

... I'll be rid of it once I pass the exam! :D

Unfortunately, I can't reputize you yet...

Lucius Alexander

And a frustrated palindromedary

Today I came to the realization that TV is like comic books. And DVDs are the "graphic novels" -- collection of each issue in a convenient ad-free form. No wonder TPBs and DVDs are getting more popular as time goes on.

Except that most DVDs now force you to sit through the trailers for other movies before you can watch the movie you paid for.

:thumbdown

Back when my wife and I were going out dancing every weekend, we invited a couple of friends along. "No, we don't want to go," they said. "We're not good dancers. Everyone will be looking at us."

I told them that nobody ever notices the bad dancers. They're either too busy dancing, or they're too busy watching the really good dancers. So if you want to remain unnoticed on the dance floor, don't be too good. :D

I dance everywhere...

I once started dancing in a grocery store at 2AM or so with the wife. The place was virtually empty... I say virtually because when I finished (as the song in the overhead ended) I got appluase from the end of the isle from the only other two people in the store.

My wife was embarrassed beyond belief - I took a bow.

Dance like no one is watching.

I dance everywhere...

I once started dancing in a grocery store at 2AM or so with the wife. The place was virtually empty... I say virtually because when I finished (as the song in the overhead ended) I got appluase from the end of the isle from the only other two people in the store.

My wife was embarrassed beyond belief - I took a bow.

Dance like no one is watching.

Sing as if no one is listening

Work like you don't need the money

and love like you've never been hurt

that's what she says

My last day of real employment ended yesterday. Not happy how it came to be, but it's a great excuse for me to start working on my photography for real. It's been something I've been wanting to do for two years now, but my job was comfortable enough. Add in a new manager that has no management skills and all of a sudden, my wife and I note, we can live on one income.

So good thing, even if a little scary.

Best of luck. Scary time for such an enterprise.