NGD Scenes from a Hat

Hermit

Re: NGD Scenes from a Hat

NT: Uses for 50,000 vuvuzelas once the World Cup is over.

What? Oh... I'm sorry, I didn't hear the question. I had my earplugs in....

NT: Ways the Wimbleton match between American John Isner and Frenchman Nicolas Mahut which was suspended after nearly 10 hours and a 59-59 tie in the final set finally ends.

What? Oh... I'm sorry, I didn't hear the question. I had my earplugs in....

NT: Ways the Wimbleton match between American John Isner and Frenchman Nicolas Mahut which was suspended after nearly 10 hours and a 59-59 tie in the final set finally ends.

Face-to-face, man-to-man, with broadsword, shield and mail.

Winner-takes-all thumb-wrestling match.

NT: Replacements for Rock-Paper-Scissors for making a decision. (Paper beats Rock? Really? In what world?)

NT: Replacements for Rock-Paper-Scissors for making a decision. (Paper beats Rock? Really? In what world?)

3d6 skill-versus-skill roll.

New Topic: Biggest surprises from tonight's NBA Draft.

NT: The real reasons behind Italy getting knocked out of the World Cup. (Difficculty no saying that the other teams were better or got more points.)

Italy has never actually been any good, but they've made their way deep in tournaments through intimidation and graft. Remember, in 2006 Italy's Serie A was reeling from a game-fixing scandal. The fixes were still in place when it came to the World Cup at the time, since there hadn't been enough time to trace down the corruption that had got into the World Cup. But tha twas done. Four years later, this year's Cup had law enforcement watching the Italian behind-the-scenes fixers very carefully, and all their attempts at skullduggery came to naught. So the Italians deservedly failed to accomplish anything, being just ankle-crushing thugs and overrated buffoons as they actually are.

Now, the fixers still made out like bandits, putting heavy beats on the Azzurri to go home early.

NT: The real reasons behind Italy getting knocked out of the World Cup. (Difficulty no saying that the other teams were better or got more points.)

Nunzio and Guido were disqualified when they refused to put their saps and brass knuckles away.

NT: (To make up for my earlier cruelty) Creative ways to get Gillian Anderson to show up on death tribble's doorstep.

NT: (To make up for my earlier cruelty) Creative ways to get Gillian Anderson to show up on death tribble's doorstep.

"Ms. Anderson, it's either Zornwill, Bunneh, or Death Tribble. Which is it going to be?"

New Topic: Best way for Pariah to get revenge on the no-nothing tech support guy who wasted half an hour of his time this evening.

New Topic: Best way for Pariah to get revenge on the no-nothing tech support guy who wasted half an hour of his time this evening.

Send a tip to Homeland Security that the tech support guy is a terrorist.

"Ms. Anderson, it's either Zornwill, Bunneh, or Death Tribble. Which is it going to be?"

Give the tech support number and the guy's name to every telemarketer you can.

"Can you hold? Never mind -- you'll have to hold anyway -- for about two hours."

The switch to the other line and order pizza.

NT: More superpowers you really don't want to have.

NT: More superpowers you really don't want to have.

X-ray vision. I live across the street from a nudist colony for the elderly, and I'm pretty sure the fence isn't lead-lined.

Highly enhanced sense of smell. Especially when picking up dog poop or when my wife dyes her hair. (Ye gods, does that stuff stink!)

NT: Counting tonight, Bolo will have missed three gaming sessions in the past month. (Fortunately, all were D&D and not a real game like Champions.) How is his GM going to punish either him or his character?